Pro Wrestling Only

[2009-01-19-WWE-Raw] CM Punk vs William Regal (No DQ)

Loss

• 3 years later...

WWE Intercontinental Champion William Regal vs CM Punk - RAW 1/19/09 NO DQ

Not quite as gritty as their awesome 2008 RAW encounter but they make up for that with a big feel good win for CM Punk in front of his hometown crowd of Chicago. It is wrestled more straight. CM Punk gets a good shine in with all the kicks. He gets an armbar and Regal makes the ropes and he says he wont break, he will break his arm. Good use of No DQ stip. Back from break, Punk has Regal tangled in the ropes in a submission and Layla breaks it up. Layla not only did I forget about her, but I forgot she was Regal's valet. Regal uses the distraction to jump Punk and blasts his head against post, but CM Punk's nose does not run like a faucet. Regal is his usual nasty, gritty self but does not get as long on top. Punk is great in his comeback. Loved his open hand slaps, spinning back slap and those kicks. The running knee in the corner, bulldog, NO, Nasty Half Nelson throw by Regal lands Punk on his head. Great headbutts from Regal at one point. Regal goes for his running knee to the head, but Punk does Ole and hits a Go 2 Sleep to win the I-C Title in front of his hometown. Not as unique as their World Championship match on RAW in 2008 but this was a strong, hard hitting affair with a great ending. ***3/4

• GSR changed the title to [2009-01-19-WWE-Raw] CM Punk vs William Regal (No DQ)