Pro Wrestling Only

Ring of....Glory?

sek69

Vince Russo will be opening Ring Of Glory tonight at midnight. This will support his upcoming Christian wrestling shows. According to 1wrestling, tonight Russo will speak about the Bash at the Beach incident from yesteryear for the first and last time to help sell the launch. There is currently a countdown timer running on the site.

I don't know if I buy Russo's conversion to born-againism yet (he is the King of the Swerve after all), but wrestling and Christianity are two things that you'd think should never ever mix.

People don't want to be preached to at a wrestling show, nor do they want wrestling in their church sermon.

Guest teke184

Vince Russo will be opening Ring Of Glory tonight at midnight. This will support his upcoming Christian wrestling shows. According to 1wrestling, tonight Russo will speak about the Bash at the Beach incident from yesteryear for the first and last time to help sell the launch. There is currently a countdown timer running on the site.

I don't know if I buy Russo's conversion to born-againism yet (he is the King of the Swerve after all), but wrestling and Christianity are two things that you'd think should never ever mix.

People don't want to be preached to at a wrestling show, nor do they want wrestling in their church sermon.

I guess someone had to become the new leader of the "Oh Brother" circuit, as Honkytonk Man calls it, now that Ted Dibiase is back in the WWE...

Russo is the LAST person I'd have guessed for it though, and I think it won't bodes well when his Christian wrestling federation can't have hist trademark storlines such as an incestuous "who is the father?" one...

Ted Dibiase is still an evangelist, and still promots Christian shows in his spare time. He only works for the WWE as an agent, helping the younger wrestlers learn how to be an old school style heel and cut promos.

I was at the last show where The Road Warriors ever appeared, only 2 weeks before Hawk's death. It was a Ted Dibiase promoted show, and in the Main Event, the LOD fought Greg Valentine and Buff Bagwell. There were 5000 fans at this show, and it was "old school" wrestling, with good guys and bad guys, heels cheating, faces acting noble, and there were kids in the audience who weren't subjected to Diva bikini contests, stories of illigitimate children, or foul language.

The list of wrestlers who have professed Christianity over the past few years is incredible. Nikita Koloff, Sting, Shawn Michaels, Ted Dibiase, Greg Valentine, Animal, Hawk, Bill Watts, Steve Williams, Stan Hansen, Chris Sabin, Eric Young, the list goes on and on.

Are there some men who claim to be Christians who really aren't? No doubt. Having said that, I still respect what those guys are trying to do...present a family friendly product with a positive message.

I don't have a problem with anyone professing their faith, or trying to promote a family entertainment show, but it just strikes me as hollow when most of these guys decided to find Jesus after they made their name and are on the downslope of their careers.

If you listen to the Fantastics shoot, Bobby Fulton is another one to add to the list.

However with Bill Watts, the worst thing in his shot is hearing him shill Amway-like products in the middle of his shoot and how the "vitamins" he sells have improved his life... in the name of Jesus, of course.

Guest Famous Mortimer

Being a devout atheist, it all leaves me a bit cold, but if it's decent wrestling with angles and no sexist bullshit and no necrophilia then it's got to be a positive step.