Hulk Hogan Vs. Shawn Michaels

Batista? Vs. John "Bradshaw" Layfield; World Championship

John Cena? Vs. Chris Jericho; WWE Championship

Orlando Jordon? Vs. Chris Benoit; US Championship

Edge w/ Lita Vs. Matt Hardy

Kurt Angle Vs. Eugene w/ Christy Hemme

The Undertaker Vs. Randy Orton

Eddie Guerrero Vs. Rey Mysterio; Ladder Match

Also, people have speculated that we could get anyone from Bret Hart, Brock Lesnar, Trish Stratus and Triple H showing up tonight.

We also might get something to do with LOD2k5 and MNM.

EDIT: I don't know how I forget about that other Summerslam thread. I even posted in it. Anyway, you can either delete this topic, or we can make it the spoiler version or something.

Guest Some Guy

I don't see a Brock run in being a good idea. If he runs in on the Batista match then they'll be forced to do the Brock/Dave match before Mania and what other match would even remotely make sense for him to be a part of?

HHH has no place, nor does Trish.

Bret won't happen (or will it?).

HHH always has a place. :) Also, Trish might have a place if they bring Ashley to the ring. I also think they could hold off on Brock/Dave 'til Mania if they bring Brock back as a face...which I don't really want to see.

I can't see Hart showing up being an option, personally.

Guest Real F'n Show

The only thing that even looks REMOTELY interesting to me is the ladder match. Which is sad, because I want to like this show, but with a card like this, it's hard to. Luckily I'll be watching with a bunch of marks, so I will still have a good time.

My thoughts;

I don't get why they jobbed OJ so fast but I'm glad Benoit didn't job twice in a row to him.

They had a good brawl going until the awful finish. Far too short also.

Well Angle looked dominant...

I haven't seen the GAB match so I can't say wether this was a better wrestling match but they did have some good spots WWEbooking aside. The big spot with the backdrop off a ladder onto the bridged ladder was insanse and I thought both of them were dead.

I thought this was the match of the night actually. Orton impressed me, the finish was a little obvious but I enjoyed it anyway.

This was pretty good. Not much to say about it pass that.

I was really suprised that this didn't go longer and that JBL got beat like that. The powerbomb on the steps was sick.

Shawn bumped like nuts and managed to get all the (canadian) fans at the theater on his side but Hogan going over left a bad taste. I know they want to do Hogan/Austin but I was unhappy. Shawn shouldn't have shaken Hogan's hand because now he's back where he started.

Guest TheShawshankRudotion

- YAAAAAAAAAY Benoit gets buried with the US title~!

- I really, really, really dug this. So stiff. I wanted it to go on forever. Both guys held nothin back, and was lining up to be my WWE MOTY until the premature finish.

- This was pretty bad for the most part. The constant Dominic shots, the predictable spots, the little kids that were sitting behind me in the theatre being way too into it... didn't really enjoy this one.

- Twas what it twas.

- I agree with the MOTN assessment. I really enjoyed this. Taker is, like, the best worker in the company right now. He had his workin boots on, did a keylock and I was spent, and sold really well.

- Good match, Cena sold pretty well and Jericho carried the work load. The crowds reaction to it was surprising. Better than expected, good finish.

- Blah, not good.

- Shawn Michaels bumping around =/= Shawn Michaels carrying Hogan. Hogan brought out the emotional core of the match, spectacularly selling the bladejob and the beating Shawn was giving him. Shawns overselling almost brought it down a bit.

Guest KingPK

If it is the plan, I don't know if they can sustain Matt/Edge for another month. It seemed like the angle was already starting to draw it's last breath before this PPV, so I don't know how they are going to keep it interesting until Unforgiven.

The rest of the card seemed decent. Benoit/Jordan, Eugene/Angle and (to an extent) JBL/Batista needed to be squashes to give a boost to the winners (especially Angle, who I think should go over Cena for the title.) The ladder match sounded a little too overbooked with Dominick and Eddie's wife interfering. I don't know what they're going to do with Orton now (I doubt they want to run with Batista/Orton yet, unless Brock's coming back). I guess he'll go after Benoit, but they were fighting for the big title no more than 12 months ago.

The handshake didn't sound like the best idea. I rather would have had Michaels stomp around the ring like a baby and walk up the ramp pulling his hair out in frustration.

Like I said on smartmarks I personally liked the handshake and for me it helps build up Hogan vs Austin. I guess people are upset that Michaels heel turn is perhaps over. I haven't watched Raw in awhile so I don't even know how that's going.

Hogan vs Michaels and Rey vs Eddie were the matches of the night for me without question. Some of the other matches were dissapointments but these two plus Jordan vs Benoit made up for it.

I loved Benoit destroying Jordan and being portrayed as so powerful. Yes, it's true he should be going for the world title but I'm just glad right now that he's finally got something to do. I'm looking forward to some US title defences

I was glad Orton didn't beat Undertaker clean. Give me Taker vs Benoit at Mania!

Angle is back baby!

No HHH! It'll be interesting to see how HHH and Angle contend for the #1 heel spot now that Angle looks after himself with the politics side somewhat.

Guest Benjie

I watched the show with some people and it made the show enjoyable. Especially seeing as though there wasn't a bad match on the show at all. Top three PPV this year along with Wrestlemania and One Night Stand.

Jordan vs. Benoit: Shit this was quick. I was only just finished humming Orlando's theme music and then it was over. I didn't mind the booking so much because Benoit is so much stronger than Orlando, and Orlando's cockiness was brilliant. They should've booked these two in a feud with Orlando being cocky and building his quick right hands character.

Eddy vs. Rey: I haven't been feeling the road that their feud has taken, but the match was real good and much better than GAB. Along with Hogan vs. Michaels it was my MOTN. The spots were as whole great with Rey's sitdown senton probably being the sickest. The botched Sitdown powerbomb from Eddy was a real shame, but Rey eating the powerbomb from the top of the ladder was sick as well. Eddie also showcased why he is the best heel in the WWE. The bit when he was gonna hit Dominick was great heel stuff.

Edge vs. Matt: There's so many different ways they could've gone with this. If they wanted Matt to be unable to continue, then Edge should've kicked his ass a bit longer. The match itself was fine. Very stiff for a WWE match and the Spear through the ropes had me standing up. I've never seen Edge do that before.

Orton vs. Taker: Not as good as Wrestlemania, but it was still pretty good. The match suffered from not having a small run of nearfalls between the transition from Taker leading to Orton, because it just went from Taker being in control to Orton being in control and it felt long. Especially when Taker was leading. He did that annoying slow walk around the ring. They managed to establish roles well which was cool, and although the ending wasn't anywhere near the levels of 'Mania, it was still cool to playoff 'Mania.

Eugene vs. Angle: Angle was bad ass in this match. Everything he did was brilliant and you really got the sense that he was gonna kick ass. I don't mind the idea of him going up against Cena as long as Cena retains. I really want Edge to be the next heel Champion on the show. Eugene needs to do change character because no one gives a shit about him.

Jericho vs. Cena: I found the first half of the match quite boring actually. Jericho was far too much in control and you could clearly see that he was the one calling all the shots. Jericho was carrying Cena more than Michaels was carrying Hogan, and to be honest, I wouldn't say Michaels was carrying Hogan that much. Hogan more than held his own in that match. The last half was good though as the crowd had that mini battle and it worked in the wrestlers' favour as the nearfalls were well recieved. Had the beginning been a bit more stronger I would've liked this a lot. Easily Cena's best match this year though and I prefered Jericho's outing with Benjamin.

Batista vs. JBL: Nothing was wrong with the match and the bookers were smart to have this short as you shouldn't expose wrestlers. The spots were alright and the ending was good as well. Nothing to shout about, but it weren't shit at all.

Hogan vs. Michaels: I liked this match way better than I had planned to like it. I don't like either guy, but as soon as Hogan did his entrance I was rooting for him man. The stuff with Hogan out powering Michaels with Michaels bumping everywhere was cool and really easy to get into. Like Taker, Hogan was in control for a lot at the beginning but unlike Taker, Hogan knows how to keep the crowd hot whilst doing it so it didn't feel long. Michaels' bumping at time was a bit too much, but as a whole he got the point accross that Hogan was kicking his ass and he was pissed about it. Michaels shaking Hogan's hand was no surprise. He was never a heel apart from last week, and on his entrance he was slapping the crowds hand.

Great show, I gotta get the DVD.