Pro Wrestling Only

Free TV Match of the Week, Week 6: February 2 to 8

Grimmas

Free TV Match of the Week, Week 6: February 2 to 8  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What was the best free TV match for the week 6?

• Big E Langston & Rey Mysterio & Kofi Kingston vs The Shield (WWE Raw, 2/3)
    • Rhodes Brothers vs New Age Outlaws (WWE Raw, 2/3)
    • Daniel Bryan vs Randy Orton (WWE Raw, 2/3)
    • Sheamus vs Ryback (WWE Smackdown, 2/7)
    • Daniel Bryan vs Antonio Cesaro (WWE Smackdown, 2/7)
    • Other (Please Specify)

Previous Winners:

Free TV Match of the Week, Week 1: January 1 to 4: Negro Casas vs Titan (CMLL on Terra, 1/3)

Free TV Match of the Week, Week 2: January 5 to 11: Real Americans vs Rhodes Brothers (WWE Raw, 1/6)

Free TV Match of the Week, Week 3: January 12 to 18: Negro Casas & Puma & Tiger vs Black Panther & Blue Panther & Cachorro (CMLL on CadenTres, 1/18)

Free TV Match of the Week, Week 4: January 19 to 25: Goldust & Cody Rhodes & Big E Langston vs The Shield (WWE Raw, 1/20)

Free TV Match of the Week, Week 5: January 26 to February 1: Virus vs Titan (CMLL on CadenaTres, 2/1)

A very WWE week, as nothing else really jumped out this week. Although some awesome WWE matches.

Just a note, I made the votes public, so you may need to defend your stance.

No links, since its all WWE. Voting will continue until next Friday, so you have a week.

I was wondering if anybody is interested in tying up each month with a vote from all the winners from the previous month?

So got home from classes and sprinted through these. Okay so I found at least elements of all these fun. Gonna do some ranking because LISTS:

5.NAO vs. Rhodes Brothers(Cage Match): Well Rhodes bothers I was enjoying and then that ending happened...O_O

4.Sheamus vs. Ryback: OK, so this was a LOT better than I would have thought. Fun big man match. Sheamus is still a jerk and Brogue Kicked Axel. Started laughing my arse off with Ryback going airborne. The Brogue Kick counter was swell.

3.Big E., Kofi, Rey vs. SHIELD: I don't remember the last time the Shield put on a trios match I didn't enjoy. Same apply hears. Rey gets to come in off a hot tag and looks awesome and Big E gets a hot tag throwing some BODY around.

2.Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton: Enjoyable main event that got time. Had a big-ish feel to it.

1.Daniel Bryan vs. Cesaro: So not at the length of the Orton match but I tend to favor shorter stuff. They had a good chunk of fun stuff like UPPERCUTS and it is Cesaro vs Bryan. What's not to like?

Ryback vs. Sheamus was a great short monster match. Ryback leaned into elbows and brogue kick, crazy powerbomb spot with Ryback catching Sheamus midair. Sheamus has looked incredible since coming back. Ryback is way underrated.

Bryan vs. Cesaro was a great 6 minute match that was like the most perfect Worldwide match possible. Cool Cesaro strength spots, insane Yes Lock out of a Cesaro running tilt-a-whirl, Bryan blasted Swagger with the knee off the apron. Awesome.

But Orton vs. Bryan was the best match this week. Excellent main event that would be considered even better if it had been on a high profile PPV.

I voted for Cesaro v. Bryan.

I will grant that Orton v. Bryan had more good stuff, great drama down the stretch, and a bigger feel. But the legwork being completely meaningless bothered me. I can handle that sort of thing to a degree, but when it was as impactful and vicious as it was I want it to go somewhere. Still a great match, but Cesaro v. Bryan was a real showcase match for all the things that make Cesaro great, against a guy who is really good at adapting his game to other great workers.

This week really came down to the two Daniel Bryan matches for me. Both were really awesome in different ways.

I had to give the edge to the Cesaro match, just because that opening leg work that Orton neglected for half the match slightly bugged me.