Pro Wrestling Only

[2014-01-04-NJPW-Wrestle Kingdom VIII] Hirooki Goto vs Katsuyori Shibata

Loss

• 4 weeks later...

I loved this match the first time I watched it back in January and probably overrated it a bit. Shibata and Goto absolutely lay in some shots to one another. One aspect that drags the match down for me is that we get amazing sequences then they have to rest giving the match an up and down flow. Don't get me wrong it doesn't drag the match down much as this is a must see great match of 2014 but not the 5-star classic I was praising at the beginning of the year. Watch this! ****1/4

• 3 years later...

Goto & Shibata delivered a beautifully violent match, a finale to their 2013 - 2014 singles match saga with Goto finally getting a win over Shibata. I thought it was even better than their great Dominion match - it was just as hard hitting as that one, but this was paced in more dramatic fashion. I loved it. And I gotta say that the whole vibe of the Dome crowd, their "oooh's" & roars for both men really added to the match as well. ****1/2

• GSR changed the title to [2014-01-04-NJPW-Wrestle Kingdom VIII] Hirooki Goto vs Katsuyori Shibata