Pro Wrestling Only

[2014-05-04-WWE-Extreme Rules] Daniel Bryan vs Kane

Loss

• 1 year later...

Fun match, the best it could be with the storyline it was given, its structure, and the fact that both men were severely broken down at this time. D-Bry went after Kane with everything he had, using weapons, speed, and furious kicks, but due to Kane's massive size, Kane would be able to land one blow and regain the heat. This was pretty much the story of the match until they brawled to the back, and I couldn't believe the unnecessary risk of having Kane throw an electrical item into a garbage can filled with water. There was no point to that and many people could've gotten severely harmed.

There happened to be a forklift backstage, so when D-Bry knocked out Kane with a tire iron, he placed him on the pallet and drove the machine to ringside, showcasing he could probably get a decent factory worker salary should he ever desire to earn his income in that field. He titled the pallet over the ring to dump Kane and hit a diving headbutt off the pallet for a nearfall.

They had a few more decent minutes, highlighted by the finish. Kane set a table at ringside on fire and then went to battle with D-Bry on the nearby apron. With Kane's balance off, D-Bry shook the ropes violently, forcing Kane to land on the table and get doused with a fire extinguisher. Kane went into the ring, his mind not being right for obvious reasons, and ate a Busaiku knee for the finish. As D-Bry leaves in celebration, Kane gets up and poses with fire being lit at the entrance and on the ringposts. Fun match with limitations and unnecessary risks, and I'm not particularly saddened we didn't get to see this program continue. ***

• GSR changed the title to [2014-05-04-WWE-Extreme Rules] Daniel Bryan vs Kane
  • 3 years later...

Bryan attacks Kane as soon as he comes through the curtain.  He shows a ton of fire early, taking out all of his frustrations on Kane.  Kane looks so big next to Bryan, and every time he hits Bryan, he goes down.  Bryan had been wearing a neck brace recently on television, selling the multiple Tombstone attack from Kane on Raw.  The neck injury never comes into play in the match, which seemed like a misstep.

The brawl around backstage some.  There are a few planned spots where Kane throws something through a car window, then puts his fist through another.  That was cool.  Bryan gets a hold of a tire iron and wallops Kane.  For some reason, the match is No DQ, but pinfalls came only happen in the ring.  So Bryan rolls Kane onto a forklift and drives him back to the ring.  He lifts Kane up over the ropes and dumps him.  Bryan then climbs up on to the pallet and chants YES! before hitting Kane with a huge headbutt for a near fall.  I drive a forklift and pallets are not always very sturdy when on the forks.  I was pretty nervous watching Bryan climb up and jump off but it all worked out.  There is nothing cooler than Bryan standing tall with the entire crowd chanting YES!

Kane worked a few spots where he caught Bryan coming at him with a chokeslam.  He caught a Bryan tope and chokeslammed him through a table.  Bryan looked done, but instead of attempting a pin, Kane got out another table and lit it on fire.  Bryan recovered enough to slingshot Kane into the table.  They went wild with the fire extinguishers, which had to suck for everyone ringside.  Kane was so disoriented from everything as he rolled into the ring, Bryan hit a perfectly timed running knee and got the pin.  The fire spot was pretty safe but looked cool.  It gives Bryan the visual of sending Kane "Back to Hell" which he promised to do.

As Bryan is leaving, Kane gets up and cackles in the ring.  There was a lot of complaining about Kane being the first challenge for Bryan after WM30.  I didn't have a problem with it as long as Bryan was booked strong.  I would have preferred Bryan get the clean win, Kane goes away for a while, and Bryan moves on to another challenge.  Instead it looks like the Kane feud must continue.