Pro Wrestling Only

Weekend WWE News

sek69

--After his performance on Tuesday against Kurt Angle, WWE has signed Marty Jannetty to a contract. It is not 100%, but he is expected to be on the Raw side and interact in some form with Shawn Michaels

--Vince McMahon returns to television (backstage, I don't expect him on TV) this week at both the Raw and Smackdown shows, and will be at this point attending all shows from this point forward. I just hope that's for the best.

--Be Cool is projected as doing $5.8 million for this weekend and being No. 6 at the box office. It would end with a three-week total of $47.2 million domestic.

--There will be a live Raw on 5/2 in Boston, the day after Backlash in Manchester, NH. The advertised main event is HHH & Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels & Batista (thanks to David Fournier)

--A-Train debuted earlier today for All Japan Pro Wrestling, starting a feud with former WWE wrestler Jamal as he interfered in a Jamal & Taiyo Kea tag title defense against Chuck Palumbo & Johnny Stamboli

Alright, there's a couple of things that I want to address.

First off, all the crap I feel about the Marty Jannety signings can be read at TSM. I'm not going to post about it again. Let's just say that we'll have to wait and see how it pans out.

Secondly, I really don't want to see all the box office sales and shit for every movie that The Rock is in from here until eternity. It's already starting to get old. Yes, he wrestled in WWE. Yes, he's in movies now. Shouldn't that be the end of it? How is that Observer newsworthy?

Next, I REALLY think WWE is dropping the ball by having Batista in all these matches leading up to Wrestlemania. Regardless of if they're tag matches or house shows or whatever. I don't think he should even be in physical confrontations, let alone matches! I guess it's a little late for that now though, huh?

Finally, does anyone have the Royal Rumble DVD? I read that Vince tore both quads when he did his entrance at the Rumble. However, one of the extras on the Rumble DVD is to see some "after the PPV ended" footage between Batista & Cena. Basically, they shake hands and Cena tells Batista to win the belt. However, what caught my eye was in the backround, it appeared as if Vince was walking off on his own power. Triple H couldn't even do that with one quad tear, so what's going on?

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

Finally, does anyone have the Royal Rumble DVD? I read that Vince tore both quads when he did his entrance at the Rumble. However, one of the extras on the Rumble DVD is to see some "after the PPV ended" footage between Batista & Cena. Basically, they shake hands and Cena tells Batista to win the belt. However, what caught my eye was in the backround, it appeared as if Vince was walking off on his own power. Triple H couldn't even do that with one quad tear, so what's going on?

Vince tore the first quad when he tried to slide into the ring. He tore the second backstage, when he tried to walk on his own, because he didn't want to look weak in front of everyone.

Oh. See, I thought he tore his first quad on the slide into the ring and the second when he tried to stand up.

OK, that makes a little bit more sense. Still, you'd think he'd need some help on the walk back. I guess that's why he tore his other quad.

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

OOK, that makes a little bit more sense. Still, you'd think he'd need some help on the walk back. I guess that's why he tore his other quad.

He did have help. Shane was helping him walk in the back, but Vince pushed him away when he got in front of a lot of people, because Vince didn't want to look weak in front of them. So when he put all his weight on the other quad, that's when it tore.

Secondly, I really don't want to see all the box office sales and shit for every movie that The Rock is in from here until eternity. It's already starting to get old. Yes, he wrestled in WWE. Yes, he's in movies now. Shouldn't that be the end of it? How is that Observer newsworthy?

Because almost every review of the movie mentions that the Rock is (was?) a wrestler, and every TV appearance I've seen he talks about wrestling, which makes it an acceptable topic for a wrestling newsletter.

I'm sure if Hogan made another movie, Meltz would provide box office information on it as well.

Next, I REALLY think WWE is dropping the ball by having Batista in all these matches leading up to Wrestlemania. Regardless of if they're tag matches or house shows or whatever. I don't think he should even be in physical confrontations, let alone matches! I guess it's a little late for that now though, huh?

Just as a note, the Observer information was talking about a Batista tag AFTER Mania. In fact, after Backlash, a full month after Mania.

Guest Crucifixio Jones

OOK, that makes a little bit more sense. Still, you'd think he'd need some help on the walk back. I guess that's why he tore his other quad.

He did have help. Shane was helping him walk in the back, but Vince pushed him away when he got in front of a lot of people, because Vince didn't want to look weak in front of them. So when he put all his weight on the other quad, that's when it tore.
That's as hilarious as the initial tear.

Dumbass.

See, kids...this is what happens when you try to play hard in front of your boys. You'd think a 50+ year old man would be beyond all that but I think everyone here knows Vince never really ever grew up nor do I think he ever will.

I'm still trying to figure out how he can even call himself a man after trying to bully Bob Costas on "On The Record."