Pro Wrestling Only

If not Cena, then who?

(BP)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was also like Brock without the menace and a lot less capable of putting on good matches. They pushed him hard though, if he stuck around I imagine that they would keep hammering that peg in.

That's also where they went wrong. Trying to fill the Brock gap with Lashley was terrible on WWE's part, namely because Lashley as you say, was incapable of bringing Brock's characteristics to the table.

Lesnar is an anomaly in so many ways. He's a once-in-a-lifetime athlete, with the credentials to back it up (Lashley's pre and post WWE accomplishments pale in comparison to Brock's) who can put on magnificent matches, move like a guy half his size, sell with the best of them, work with virtually anybody from Big Show to Zach Gowen, and still cut a good promo. He set the bar so high that nobody could really fill his shoes upon his departure from WWE.

This point always confused me....

I agree that Lesnar was a fine promo, especially in the Guerrero build up. How did he become so terrible in 2012 and DESPERATELY need Heyman?

He can be a great promo, he's just not consistently great as per your Cena's, Punk's, Austin's, etc. First and foremost, Lesnar's actions will always speak louder.

I don't think he desperately needs Heyman, I just think he's better served as the monster who never speaks. Heyman then fills the role of the loudmouth manager that you know is a coward on his own.

This.

Brock is better focusing on what he does best consistently: his matches, physical angles, presence and body language, etc. Heyman brings the heat, it's very likely if he wasn't paired with Heyman that people would be cheering for him, on the basis that he's phenomenal in ring and people like booing the ultra clean babyfaces.