Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling Observer Question Archive

David

Later this week, I'm planning on starting a new feature on WrestlingObserver.com. In it, I'm going to go through the mailbag portions of Observer Radio and transcribe the questions. My hope is that it will lead to fewer repeat questions (since people can check if it has already been asked) and make research for stuff like that much easier.

Before I send it to the site, I would like to get your thoughts about it:

- Should I transcribe the entire response, or should I edit out unnecessary stuff (like whenever Dave says "you know")?

- Should I include questions about MMA?

- Should I include questions that are clearly outdated?

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Sounds like a good concept and a tall task ahead of you.

Before I send it to the site, I would like to get your thoughts about it:

- Should I transcribe the entire response, or should I edit out unnecessary stuff (like whenever Dave says "you know")?

I would certainly edit as much rambling, connectors, etc as possible. One would only really need the meat of the answer Dave provides.

This is really a judgement call, I don't particularly care about the MMA questions but I know some do. I would at least try to have two sections (one for wrestling, one for MMA) if you do include MMA.

Another judgement call but I'm inclined to say just because even if someone asked Dave what he thought would happen at Night of Champions 2009, it would be neat if we had the date and predictions Dave provided.

Good luck.

As a huge fan of Dave answering the mailbag I think this is a wonderful idea and something I look forward to reading.

I think it is fine to edit out some of the unnecessary stuff, if someone really wanted to quote Dave in full, they will be able to access the radio show for themselves and transcribe the quote.

I have no interest in MMA at all but it is not like that is the case with every WrestlingObserver.com. memebers.

I think that for history purposes Dave's answers to outdated questions could be useful and who knows, perhaps a question that seems outdated in 2014 could due to a twist of events be relevant in 2016.