Pro Wrestling Only

10/8 New Japan

Mad Dog

NJPW "TOUKON SOUZOU NEW CHAPTER", 10/8/05 (WPW/PPV/NJ+IWTV Internet)

Tokyo Dome

1. Koji Kanemoto & Wataru Inoue vs. Tatsuhito Takaiwa ZERO1-MAX & Yoshihito Sasaki ZERO1-MAX

2. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Takashi Iizuka, Yutaka Yoshie & Naofumi Yamamoto vs. Shinjiro Otani ZERO1-MAX, Kohei Sato ZERO1-MAX, Ryouji Sai ZERO1-MAX & Kamikaze ZERO1-MAX

3. Tatsumi Fujinami & Osamu Nishimura vs. Riki Choshu & Tomohiro Ishii

4. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Minoru & Hirooki Goto © vs. Negro Casas & Felino

5. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title & NWA Jr. Heavyweight Title: Tiger Mask © vs. Black Tiger ©

6. Team JAPAN vs. Former WWE - Special Tag Match: Manabu Nakanishi & Kendo Kashin vs. Charlie Haas & Mark Jindrak

7. Team JAPAN vs. Former WWE - Special Singles Match: Yuji Nagata vs. Matt Morgan

8. Three Way Match - IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuyuki Fujita © vs. Masahiro Chono vs. Brock Lesnar

I think this is huge for New Japan. Brock Lesnar and Matt Morgan could be megastars for them. They've been wanting to put the IWGP Title on Lesnar for awhile so you might see that happen here.

Notes from this week's Observer on Lesnar and New Japan:

---On 8/30, WWE asked for everything to be sealed as it pertains to the lawsuit and countersuit and it was approved on 9/20. Neither side is allowed to say a thing. Meltz speculates that something probably happened beofre 8/30 that damaged their position and they want to keep it quiet.

---It is unknown if the settlement will keep Lesnar from working for TNA or not.

---It is specualted that the WWE offer was far less than the million dollar downside guarantee of the original contract and Lesnar called the offer insulting. It was a tactical error on WWE's part because they were offering him less than market value that they themselves had helped create so there was no reason to uphold the non-compete clause.

---Lesnar turning down the offer came about the same time that the judge ordered them to settle rather than going forward, which in turn ended the WWE's "starve him out" stalling tactic.

Guest Dorian

Two things. First thing, that new belt I highly love. Awesome looking.

Second thing, I'm happy Lesnar is able to wrestle again. I might go out of my way to watch some NJPW now.