Pro Wrestling Only

Where the Big Boys Play #66 - Clash of the Champions XVI

I fully admit I do have a scorned woman vibe with Mick. I remember being thirteen when Have a Nice Day came out. I read many aspects of that book and saw how they reflected my own life. One year of wrestling in high school, check. Overweight guy that relies of self- deprecating jokes to win people over, check. I saw myself as being a Mick Foley type guy with potential. Then, WM 16 happened and it was like finding out that Santa Claus wasn't real. I felt really betrayed and have taken most of Foley's comments and actions with a grain of salt since.

• 1 month later...

Just catching up on this one (which is not like me for a stellar series like WTBBP) - I never knew the origin of the Foley scorn there Chad. While I remember being disappointed he wrestled at Mania 2000, the fact that he didn't come back for quite some time after retconned it as being ok for me. Plus we thought maybe he'd win it as a going away gift (and I thought he was very good in that match - outside missing the elbow badly - going quasi-heel mid match).