Pro Wrestling Only

I'm Speechless

Mad Dog

Guest SweetMama Scaat

Um, I got the impression that everything you guys mentiones was exactly what they were going for. None of that was suppossed to be perceived as original or logical. The "scary character" never got over, but the whole "weird and wacky" thing was written on the wall so...

The minis *could* be awesome if they bring in the right guys and don't try to inhibit them, and also if they don't have the top heavyweight heels destroy them singlehandedly and have them participate in raunchy backstage skits. The only problem with it is that WWE should really be avoiding putting things on TV right now that at first impression would embarass a fan watching with his non-fan buddies. That's the type of thing you debut during a boom.

Guest TheShawshankRudotion

This is standard proceedure for the WWE. They did this in the mid-90's. The question is "why?".

Is it because they are well-aware they did it in the mid-90's and are doing it again hoping to recreate the atmosphere which created Stone Cold Steve Austin? In otherwords, "If it worked then, it will work now".

Or are they just throwing shit on the wall to see what sticks.

Or have they totally forgotten the mid-90's and are doing it for the exact same reasons they did it before? In other words, they are losing/have lost their current fans, have tried everything to get them back, and are now moving on to different demographics - ie: Mexicans, hoping it increase their fanbase in that area.

The third option is most likely, but I wouldn't put it passed them on the first one and second one either just cause that's where they are at right now. However, in all cases, if they don't see the results they are looking for in the first few months, we won't be seeing the "juniors" beyond Wrestlemania, and if I were to give them and their patience the benefit of the doubt, Summerslam.