Pro Wrestling Only

The World According to DAVE~!

sek69

Some tidbits from an interview that can be read here:

He got heat for his comments about Smackdown guys being lazy when he was still on RAW, but he still thinks there's some people who aren't completely motivated. He thinks the hardest working guys in the company are HHH and Taker.

When asked about him going over HHH three times "there were no politics involved".

He buries JBL by not offering any comment on their matches beyond "We had zero chemistry".

He buries OVW again while saying Bobby Lashley isn't ready to be in WWE yet. Obviously DAVE~! doesn't watch OVW TV, as he'd see what a good booker can do with someone like Lashley.

He repeated the new mantra that the Hassan disaster was all the worker's fault. Someone else could have made it work, but Copani's heart just wasn't in it.

His views on TNA (after admitting he's never watched): "I've also seen clips of their car wreck matches with AJ Styles doing his stunts. That's not wrestling. Wrestling is storytelling."

It's funny, you can practically see Vince's hand up his ass puppeteering the whole interview.

Batista is smart and knows what to say. Undertaker is the hardest working guy in the company? That's funny, considering he works a reduced schedule and is relying on a 15-year old gimmick to stay over at this stage of his career.

For better or worse, yes, HHH is a hard worker.

I'm probably the only person in the entire world who thinks this, but I think JBL smokes HHH in every aspect -- as a character, as an interview and in the ring. Batista and JBL may not have had chemistry, but HHH wasn't able to have a good match with him either until they did HIAC.

Batista should realize that he's quite simply very lucky to be in the spot he's in and that once he loses the title, he'll probably never hold it again.

I think Triple H is barely better than a garbage wrestler on the indy scene now. Notice Triple H has troubles with matches where he can't use weapons or brawl the whole time. JBL's obsession with becoming Stan Hansen-lite has had a positive effect on his wrestling even though I still am bored by him.

Guest EastCoastJ

I think Triple H is barely better than a garbage wrestler on the indy scene now.

Now that's the hyperbole of the week.

Watch HHH vs. Batista without weapons, and then watch JBL vs. Batista with weapons (or without). Watch HHH vs. Nash. Watch HHH single handedly trick the world into thinking Shelton Benjamin is the future of wrestling. Watch the matches HHH will get out of Cena and then watch the matches anyone else (Kurt Angle included) has gotten out of Cena.

He may not be Lou Thesz, but HHH is a smart, well rounded wrestler and probably the best overall in WWE.

While HHH got a more watchable match with Batista than JBL did, that hardly makes him the best in WWE. Getting Batista over was HHH's pet project last year so he put in the effort he usually reserves for matches with friends.

I'm wondering how you think HHH made Shelton look like anything but a jobber by letting him get cheap wins but never a satisfying payoff. Angle and HBK went miles beyond HHH when it came to making Shelton look like a star.

If you think HHH is going to do anything with Cena other than expose his weaknesses and get the title back, I have some prime swampland for sale.

Guest Crucifixio Jones

He repeated the new mantra that the Hassan disaster was all the worker's fault. Someone else could have made it work, but Copani's heart just wasn't in it.

So I guess Copani had complete creative control of his character and the segment that pissed off UPN was his idea and his idea alone. Gimme a flippin' break. How someone can attempt to pin that disaster soley on the wrestler is beyond me. You can't win in WWE. Do what you're told and ask no questions or risk being in the doghouse or worse. Do what you're told and ask no questions and when what you're told to do pisses people off, it's YOUR fault. F*ck.

Guest TheNewAge

I think Triple H is barely better than a garbage wrestler on the indy scene now.

Now that's the hyperbole of the week.

Watch HHH vs. Batista without weapons, and then watch JBL vs. Batista with weapons (or without). Watch HHH vs. Nash. Watch HHH single handedly trick the world into thinking Shelton Benjamin is the future of wrestling. Watch the matches HHH will get out of Cena and then watch the matches anyone else (Kurt Angle included) has gotten out of Cena.

He may not be Lou Thesz, but HHH is a smart, well rounded wrestler and probably the best overall in WWE.

Oh come on. Are you serious?

You're right, Batista/Trips was better than JBL/Batista, but that doesn't mean it's any good. How about the fact that Benoit got more out of 'Tista in about 6 minutes than Hunter got out of him in his thirty minute main event "epics"? Or that EDGE had a better match (on TV) with Batista last year than either of the non-gimmicked Triple H matches? Don't take this as an excuse to blast Triple H, because it isn't, but you say he had better matches with Batista as if it's some kind of achievement. The JBL/Batista matches were BAD. That's why the Mania and Backlash matches were better.

And I think the bullrope match might be better than Backlash and/or Mania, but I'm not sure on that.

How did Triple H trick the world in to thinking Benjamin was the future of wrestling? Yes, it was a good match, and yes, Triple H did a good job in that match. But you're saying this as if Benjamin isn't (or wasn't) the future of WWE wrestling, or as if he isn't any good. IF the booking was any good, then Benjamin would still be primed to main event on Raw (and look like he should). Don't act like the H match was a miracle bout for Shelton, because it wasn't.

How can you comment on the Cena matches, in that context, when they haven't even happened yet? But hey, if you're gonna do it, why not me? No Triple H/Cena match will be as good as Benoit/Cena (the two contender matches they had) and Angle/Cena (No Mercy) were.

Oh, and JBL/Cena "I Quit" was as good as Triple H/Batista HIAC :)

I'm not going to bother with your last comment.

HHH is not bad in the ring by any stretch, but he's also not as good as a main event guy headlining in a down period needs to be in the ring to justify continuing to center the company around him completely. Jobbing isn't the issue -- he does plenty of jobs. The problem is that HHH gets more TV time than everyone else, more hype than anyone else and what happens to him is always the most important thing on RAW.

As for being the best overall in the company, I'm assuming you mean in terms of the whole package of interviews and charisma and ability to headline, along with ability in the ring. He's in the top half, but I'd put Guerrero, JBL, Angle, Michaels, Christian and maybe even Misterio above him. If Jericho was still in the company, I'd rank him above HHH too.