Pro Wrestling Only

Jinsei Shinzaki

Grimmas

I like him, but he can be really, really boring. I feel like he lets me down most of the time, especially when he gets overly methodical. His best stuff is in WWF. I loved that run, even if most of it was short non memorable stuff. Along with Christopher Daniels, one of the smoothest, slickest performers ever. He's like breathing silk.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...

Good in short bursts: he's a solid act when it comes to the big spots and innovative work in that regard. It's just everything else that tends to drag him down in terms of his overall style. He's got a big tendency to drag matches down into plodding technical work, which almost always feels like filler between the cool stuff. His best matches for me are when his opponent (s) is able to get him away from that and instead work on more interesting stuff instead, like selling his ass off after a stiff headbutt makes him bleed like mad or beating down a underdog. He's someone who needs to be led to those kind of matches through, because him alone tends to drift into some meandering exchanges. FAR better in tags as a result typically because of that factor

He'd get a top 100 slot in terms of longevity (like he's 50+ and he's STILL having good performances for his age) but in general, I don't see it.