Pro Wrestling Only

Rey or Eddie

goodhelmet

Which one do you prefer?  

1. 1.

• Rey Mysterio Jr.
    • Eddie Guerrero

Guest The Man in Blak

Without even a second thought, Eddie Guerrero.

Guerrero could adeptly deliver both face and heel personas and work with multiple styles effectively. Guerrero carries a better interview, works the crowd more effectively, and also seems much more credible as an upper card competitor.

I can't vouch for overall match quality, as I'm sure there's a thousand different Mysterio matches from Mexico that I've never seen, but I know that, if I were to choose one of these two to build a promotion around, it would be Guerrero in a heartbeat.

Eddy.

As far as it goes in the ring, I like both guys and could watch them wrestle all day long.

However, Rey has never had any type of substantial heel run that I'm aware of, and without that it's hard to call him better than Eddy, who has done both and been successful at both.

I actually chose Rey but I have also seen most of the best he has had to offer in Mexico. I also think that Rey is an incredible seller and has had just as many high end matches as Eddy. Trust me, this is like choosing between my children but I think history will look more fondly on Rey when all is said and done.

Eddy.

Unlike Rey, Eddy could get heel heat without much trying. That's where I give the edge to Eddy G.

Rey though, more times than not, is someone I find more entertaining as a wrestler in the ring than Eddy though. Rey's so crisp with his shit sometimes that it's almost a pleasure to get to watch him work in the shitty WWE.

Rey though, more times than not, is someone I find more entertaining as a wrestler in the ring than Eddy though.  Rey's so crisp with his shit sometimes that it's almost a pleasure to get to watch him work in the shitty WWE.

This is why I voted Rey. There is no arguing Eddy is usually a better character but I love to watch Rey "dance" in the ring.

Guest Local Jobber R

I think history will look more fondly on Rey when all is said and done.

As the small wrestler that made the biggest impact during the 90's boom?

Guest HarleyQuinn

Eddie without a second thought.

He's proven to work well as a face (his series with JBL) and as a heel where his work in WCW in 1997 acting as Rudo as possible was gold and one of my favorite times to watch a particular wrestler.

Eddie and Rey both have had solid matches and are adept at matching their opponent but I think Eddie has the slight edge as an overall package with promo ability, star look, and wrestling skills.

Eduardo.

For reasons already mentioned regarding his ability to work as a heel, plus I think Eddy is just slightly better than Rey as far as working many styles. I love Rey with a passion, but I've yet to see him in a brawl the same level as Eddy/JBL JD 04. Rey's still awesome for what he does, though. It's like choosing between two children, when one child's headed for their second Post-doctorate, while the other's still working on their Master's.

Eddie because despite what they give him, he always manages to make it enetertaining. Eddie is much more diverse than Rey and it shows as the WWE have given Eddie numerous of different roles and he's always stayed over. Rey is however the most consistent in ring performer in the WWE, and has been ever since he came to the WWE.