Pro Wrestling Only

Squared Circle Gazette Radio #17 - Was The Invasion Always Destined To Fail?

After sourcing feedback from here, there and everywhere, the show is now online to listen to, as the SCG panel discuss, from start to finish, the entire Invasion angle. Including inside notes from the Observer and Figure Four Weekly Newsletters from 2001, breaking down how the biggest potential angle of all time fell apart, week by week.

We go through and talking about all things macro and mirco of the Invasion, and of course, your feedback on expectations, high points, and the moment it died for you.

Check it out, and as always, let me know what you think...

http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/web/8bhesf/SCGRadio17-WasTheInvasionDoomedToFail.mp3

Another good one. Enjoyed reliving the whole period.

One thing you didn't really mention, and fair enough you were concentrating on the booking, but match quality was pretty high throughout the invasion angle. For my money WWF standards from 2000 were maintained, and SummerSlam through Survivors were all mighty fine PPVs.

LOL. Yeah its just a thing with me and all media. As soon as I hear someone talking with that U.K. or Australian accent, it takes some adjusting. Usually its turned off the first go around and then the second is 'already let's give this a fair shake' and everything is usually smooth selling from there. At this point I'd be pissed if the gents sounded any different or 'more American' as I feel the accents add to the charm and makes me pay attention to their words more.