Pro Wrestling Only

Jerry Jarrett at WWE Headquarters

Guest EastCoastJ

Guest EastCoastJ

In the weird development of the month, WWE.com had a frontpage story with a photo of Jerry Jarrett at their headquarters, with a cryptic message about him not being alone.

Does anyone know what his status with TNA is?

Guest teke184

The "He's selling the Memphis tapes" theory is out the window...

Those tapes went to Lawler then were sold, along with the USWA, to a group out of Cleveland that went out of business shortly thereafter.

I think Jerry wants in as part of the booking crew but I think NO ONE involved would particularly want Jeff coming along outside of Jerry.

Meltzer:

--Jerry Jarrett was in the WWE offices and it was made a pretty public deal. Jarrett had called Jerry Lawler recently and told him about being disenchanted with TNA, believing he put the company on the map and now that it is on the verge of success, he has pretty much no power. With the exception of working at the Gorilla position at tapings, Jerry Jarrett has virtually no involvement in the company at this point in time. In May, he was vocal against putting the new creative team in place and told anyone who would listen that they would fail. When they didn't tank the company, his opinions stopped being listened to. The story is he was there to negotiate with WWE for a big Russian he was representing, but at the meeting, made it clear he was unhappy with TNA. Virtually nobody, and that includes the people closest to Jeff, were aware he was going. The "other guy" that the WWE web site doesn't say but wants everyone to believe was Jeff, would have been the Russian, whose name we're not aware of. The way the story is being slipped out on the internet is a very public FU to TNA from WWE, and no doubt, Jerry perhaps even more, knowing it'll shake everyone up. To say people in TNA are pretty furious at Jerry for how he played this game would be an understatement. Stories that Jerry was there to sell the Memphis tape collection are entirely untrue as he has no rights to the collection. Jarrett sold his 50% of the company to Jerry Lawler circa 1997, who in turn sold it to a Cleveland based group, who in turn, put it quickly out of business resulting in a messy lawsuit.

How much you wanna bet that Double J gets tagged and loses the title here shortly because of his dad?

Wow, way to say fuck off to the company you helped build.

And this just happened, so guess who's gonna pay the piper and soon?

Yeah, that's right. Good ol' Double J. Why do I think this is also probably the excuse Dixie Carter needs to shuffle Double J out of any sort of power he's got? I mean, if his dad's gonna split cause nothings going all his way and like father like son ya know?

This is some of the best news a TNA fan could hear. Not only is it possible that Jerry Jarrett could be gone, it would mean the end of Jeff being rammed down everyone's throat as a main eventer and champion.

The best part is WWE made a fuss over thiis thinking it would stuck it to TNA, and it could end up being the best thing that ever happened to them. I'm sure Vince is probably doing his Movie Villian Laugh thinking this will destroy those pipsqueaks who think they can challenge his company.

Guest Crucifixio Jones

Apparently he has a pretty big resume. He's 6'6", 370 lbs. and has a backround in Judo and Sambo. Apparently, he's done some acting work too. I don't see any reason why WWE wouldn't be high on him.

Sadly, none of this translates to any in-ring pro wrestling ability. He doesn't have a really impressive look; I can't see chicks going for him. He looks about as charismatic as a lump of coal (granted, that's an unfair assessment/judgement based soley on one photograph). He may have been a BAD actor, so great promos aren't promised. These are the most important things, I think, in the business today unless he's some sort of PHENOMENAL wrestling PRODIGY who will absolutely wow us from bell-to-bell night in and night out but I seriously doubt that at 6'6", 370lbs.

Sounds like he'd make a great Hollywood stuntman but his MMA and straight-to-cable acting credentials mean nothing when it comes to "sports entertainment."

Guest Dangerous A

I really am intrigued by what this means politically for Jeff Jarrett, the Carters, and the TNA booking committee. Meltz's post said internally TNA people are very upset. Wonder if Jeff is going to try to smooth things over or if he even knew his dad was taking the trip to Stamford.