Pro Wrestling Only

[1996-11-02-GAEA-We Are GAEA Japan!] Sonoko Kato & Meiko Satomura vs Sugar Sato & Chikayo Nagashima

PeteF3

• 4 months later...

Satomura might be the best pure babyface of the year, in a bad year for pure babyfaces. So spunky and full of energy that she makes Tsuyoshi Kikuchi look like Raven. She also has a good dynamic with Kato, who's bigger and more of a methodical asskicker while Satomura's all about high-flying and motion. Nagashima and Sato are fine, but I'm still waiting for them to really wow me on a consistent basis. This is a little spotfesty, but their reach doesn't exceed their grasp and they hit most of what they do (except Sato trying a Tenryu/DiBiase reverse elbow off the top and missing by 2 feet). This match also ends precisely when it needs to with a cool finishing move. Nothing that changed the world but I want to see a lot more of Satomura.

• 1 year later...

Young Meiko Psychomura was practically frothing at the mouth during her early years. I'm not sure what pills Chiggy had her on, but the supply was plentiful. She was the strongest worker here, a bolt of electricity. High flier Nagashima also impressed. Sucre was generally good, though sloppy at times. Kato a bit repetitive today. No end of toukon and energy, I certainly enjoyed it. The ending was a bit overcooked. There's no need to be that complex down the stretch as they'd already delivered a fine match. Then again it was big title bout. Kato & Satomura become the inaugural AAAW Tag Team champions.

• GSR changed the title to [1996-11-02-GAEA-We Are GAEA Japan!] Sonoko Kato & Meiko Satomura vs Sugar Sato & Chikayo Nagashima