Pro Wrestling Only

NXT Takeover Rival Reaction Show

soup23

http://placetobenation.com/ptbn-reaction-show-nxt-takeover-rival/

Will is joined by Johnny & Pete (Titans of Wrestling), Phil Schneider (Segunda Caida) and Kris Zellner to discuss the latest NXT special on the WWE Network. We discuss all of the matches, the futures of Itami, Balor and Owens in WWE. We discuss the differences between NXT and WWE in quality and presentation. We heap tons of praise on the main event and even argue a little bit. ENJOY!!!

I don't know about how much the crowd was turned by the finish. I really don't. The ones who were already reacting to everything in an earnest way continued to act that way. Everyone else in the front was chanting "Z-PACK!" at the doctor when he came in and then bullshit when they thought the title wouldn't change hands due to the stoppage. Then they popped huge when it turned out that it would. It wasn't the match's fault, though. It's despite the amazing build and story and egregious because of it.

Alternatively, I liked the 4-Way before listening to this but thought there might have been some suplex overkill, especially in the context of the night, but you guys sold me on that aspect.

Bayley rocked that fatal 4-way and I think she stole the show from Sasha Banks. She was a great fired-up babyface and was really exciting to watch. Yes, I agree with Pete and Johnny. Bayley is more than a silly character. She is the eternal optimist and even though everyone thinks she is naive or innocent or what have you, when it comes to between the bells, she has her head down and is going to be ferocious.

What the fuck was up with Corey Graves and Becky Lynch? I mentioned it in the main thread. Pete, it is Metal or Devil Horns. I really like chicks that head bang, but then I found out she was more into punk and grunge and as a metalhead totally lost interest in her. She was brutal whenever she needed to run in the ring. Some decent throws.

Rock-a-bye-Baley was an awesome call, Will. Hey, Johnny, leave us Bostonians like Albert alone. :P