Pro Wrestling Only

KOTI Night 2

shoe

Thatcher vs Massaro

Some cool grappling here. Thatcher might be the best wrestler in the world on his back. Even when he's not in control he keeps thing interesting. Nice takedown from Massaro. Another submission for Thatcher Wish it didn't happen right after a nice suplex by Massaro.. 2 3/4*

Adam Thorstowe vs Luster the Legend

A lot of energy to start. A big dive by Thorstowe that ends with the Legend taking control. That should never set up the heat unless he misses. Nice comeback by Thorstowe. A lot has happened in the 1st 5 minutes. Legen with a Texas Cloverleaf and the audience is totally buying submissions as finishes at this point. 2 1/4*

Rey Horus vs Willie Mack

Willie Mack gives off a Rufus R Jones vibe to me. Indy respect moment. Horus is good at eating WM offense. Though his selling isn't very compelling. He has some real nice high spots. A moonsault into a corkscrew plancha. Super fun match. Wish we could have built to the finish a bit more. Though in the hierarchy Willie Mack is the bigger star. 3*

Strong quarterfinals. I think all four matches were as good or better as anything from the first night, as it should be. Cobb/Cage was good. Cage's more annoying tendencies were downplayed. Thatcher/Massaro was a lot of fun, particularly the mat work. Third match was the weakest of the quarters but nothing bad. Like Willie Mack/Rey Horus a lot. Horus had a few really nice dives and Mack was a good base. Think Mack/Horus was probably my favorite of the quarterfinals.

Ultimo Dragon vs Juventud Guerrera

Both guys are great at working the crowd and gives us a totally different dynamic than the rest of the show. Dragon's dinging of his leg went nowhere. Dragon's twisting submission was tight. A fun little homage match that I'm glad they booked.

Thatcher vs Thornstorne

I like Thorstorne with some stiff kicks and strikes to the face. Thatcher's starts to dissect the arm. Love the ripping off the elbow pad to inflict more damage. Now Thatcher is manipulating the digits that leads to the coolest nearfall ever. Thorstorne is selling the arm big. Big kick to Thatcher's face to continue that story. Vice on the neck. That curb stomp was big. Thatcher on the arm again. The arm work has been really compelling. This is turning into a great match. 3 1/2 * Now I'm sad.

Cobb vs Willie Mack

Parv would have been proud of that break dancing move. Willie Mack looking good on the mat. Cobb is no slouch either. Still dissapointed about the Thatcher elimination to give this match a fair shake. Though I loved the counter of Cobb's finisher for the 3.

The match was really building to a submission took the sails out.

I don't think Thatcher losing was a big deal but like you said they seemed to be building to a different finish so the end fell flat. It seems like they wanted to protect Thatcher which is fine, but maybe a short match with Thornstowe catching Thatcher by surprise early would have been the better way to go. The way the match was structured and the finish did no favors for anyone.

I liked Mack vs. Cobb. Better build than Thatcher/Thornstowe and a more satisfying finish. Obviously not the finals people were hoping for but I think Mack has looked as good as anyone in the tournament so far .