Pro Wrestling Only

The Bix Show Ep. #1 - Brock Lesnar is the Id of Middle America

Bix

http://davidbix.com/the-bix-show-episode-001/

banner-700x329.jpg

Sherdog.com contributor/MMA preview expert and Heavy Hands Podcast host Patrick Wyman joins me to discuss his lapsed wrestling fandom being reignited by Brock Lesnar and WrestleMania chatter We touch on Patrick being a Nitro-era WCW guy who didn’t quite “get” Mick Foley, why Brock Lesnar is the most compelling man in the world, how Patrick knew coming in cold that Roman Reigns wasn’t quite ready, and more.
After that, we move into the MMA and kickboxing realm with a look at UFC’s surprising strong morning/afternoon card this Saturday covering topics that include whether or not Ricardo Lamas is boring and the greatness of Al Iaquinta. Finally, we briefly delve into this week’s Glory card, as well as the awesomeness of UFC Strawweight Champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk.
Time stamps:
0:01:44 Patrick Wyman: Un-lapsed wrestling fan.
0:15:43 WrestleMania discussion.
0:41:58 UFC Fight Night: Mendes vs. Lamas
1:01:07 Glory 20: Van Roosmalen vs. Ristie
1:02:48 Just how awesome is Joanna Jedrzejczyk?
If you enjoy the show, please consider using my Amazon Associates link and/or donating to my Patreon, both of which are handily linked in the post as well as in the top menu of davidbix.com.

What's the world coming to? There's just too much MMA in the BIX these days.

It definitely won't be close to every episode (I'll have Patrick back on around the Newark Fox card in a couple weeks, for example, since it's a big card and I'm going there as media to cover it for WO.com), but I'll always have it segmented/time stamped and almost always have it after wrestling content.

I have not listened to this yet but glad that you have kept it to a manageable length and I hope that you keep doing so. A lot of the wrestling podcasts these days (both amateur and "pro") tend to be too long these days in my opinion.

I think there's also a weird chicken/egg thing where wrestling fans seem to have a higher tolerance for longer shows.

Dylan and I didn't plan to go as long as we did on the first Trade Marks, but it being the first in large part becuase of lots of stuff happening on top of the WM lawsuits topic turning out meatier than we expected made it, well, long. :) Though I figure for that show the length doesn't matter quite as much since it's more niche of a niche.Future shows will more likely be single topic I would think.

My goal for The Bix Show is to cap at 90 minutes, whether it's all one shot or combining multiple segments.

It's your show Bix, but I'm pretty much anti-MMA these days, and really don't need it in my wrestling world. It's a reason why I don't seek out the Observer, bother with Fighting Spirit Magazine, or listen to Live Audio Wrestling anymore. I'll probably just stick with The Trade Marks, but by all means congrats and good luck on your new venture. :)

It's your show Bix, but I'm pretty much anti-MMA these days, and really don't need it in my wrestling world. It's a reason why I don't seek out the Observer, bother with Fighting Spirit Magazine, or listen to Live Audio Wrestling anymore. I'll probably just stick with The Trade Marks, but by all means congrats and good luck on your new venture. :)

It'll always be secondary (later segment, too) with clear time stamps in the description, so it will never, ever get in the way of the wrestling content. It'll always be clearly segmented out and even then it won't be every episode (next week won't have any, for example), so please, please listen. :)

Also as far as FSM gos, usually the only MMA content these days is in the major event & TV recap section, so you should be reading that, too.

I have not listened to this yet but glad that you have kept it to a manageable length and I hope that you keep doing so. A lot of the wrestling podcasts these days (both amateur and "pro") tend to be too long these days in my opinion.

I think there's also a weird chicken/egg thing where wrestling fans seem to have a higher tolerance for longer shows.

Dylan and I didn't plan to go as long as we did on the first Trade Marks, but it being the first in large part becuase of lots of stuff happening on top of the WM lawsuits topic turning out meatier than we expected made it, well, long. :) Though I figure for that show the length doesn't matter quite as much since it's more niche of a niche.Future shows will more likely be single topic I would think.

My goal for The Bix Show is to cap at 90 minutes, whether it's all one shot or combining multiple segments.

No complaints on the length of the Trade Marks, it was very interesting from start to finish and there was a lot of information I didn't know about. Some parts could have been shortened but I never found it boring or dragging.