Pro Wrestling Only

Lex Luger Shoot Interview

Loss

God, this is a riot!

Luger really does seem like the nicest guy to ever be in wrestling. He refuses to bash anyone.

Question: What were your initial perceptions of Tully Blanchard?

Answer: He hated me because he thought I was a big musclehead. But I liked him. Good guy. I'm just telling you how he felt about me.

"The Internet hates me. But I have nothing against the Internet. Free speech, right?"

"Vince McMahon is a schmoozer. But I don't mean that in a bad way. Not at all."

Luger also has trouble speaking properly and can't even formulate a sentence.

More later.

Guest teke184

If you REALLY want a drinking game, watch the Iron Sheik's shoot interview.

Every time he does the "Tehran Iran, 1968 Olympics Mexico City, 1972 Olympics Munich Germany..." rant, take a drink.

If you read my shoot review, you'll see exactly how many times he does it... and it's a fucking lot.

49 minutes in, Luger finally makes a decent observation when he says that they took advantage of the fact that he could get over as a face and as a heel by turning him too many times. He also got a spark in his eye when he was asked about Brian Pillman and put him over huge. It was the first time it seemed genuine.

Also put Funk over huge. Said he never took Flair refusing to job to him personally because he saw it as Flair having issues with the company. This is a guy practically groveling for work, and it's kinda pathetic. Gets in a mild cheapshot at Flair leaving the company with the belt, but thinks better of it and says Flair wasn't trying to embarrass WCW at all by doing it.

Luger on Montreal:

"This is the first I've heard that Bret could have left with the belt!"

Says he got along with Race very well, with Race has always said as well. Substantiated the story that the company once fired Race and he quit until they brought him back. He's being very careful not to blame Flair with his wording here, because he keeps saying that he had to get a new belt over after Flair left, and you know he's dying to say what he really thought of all that, but won't do it.

Also says he was ribbed big once because he didn't know who Lou Thesz was.

Luger really does seem like the nicest guy to ever be in wrestling. He refuses to bash anyone.

I see Luger has learnt some humility during his very public fall from grace, because his rep amongst most of his peers was that he was very aloof and arrogant, almost like he was above professional wrestling. Your later observation that "This is a guy practically groveling for work, and it's kinda pathetic" sounds spot on, but unfortunately for him it's too little, too late.

Guest Some Guy

I found it kind of sad tha he was stumbling over his words and seemed to be fucked up on something during the shoot. He was twitching like a junky for the whole thing.