Pro Wrestling Only

NWA On Demand

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay guys - we are back from WrestleMania weekend - where we had an amazing NWA event in Ft. Worth and participated at WrestleCon. And we just returned from Cauliflower Alley in Las Vegas where we inducted Jim Ross and others into the NWA Hall of Fame. So the uploads will now resume! Thank you for your patience. Soon to be online will be a 70's HARLEY RACE NWA World Title defense in Japan.

Midget Match

Damn this was good. Their was limb work, some wrestling tropes like Littlebrook hurting his knee on Johnson's head because a black man's head is right below a Samoans. They worked a midget spot or 2. The key was they kept those to a minimum, but built to them well. This was really good stuff. It also had a Memphis feel to it in a way. 3*

A blast. It's about 16 minutes of action, 2/3 falls, a beautiful shine, two FIPs, the double refs smartly used by the heels since they'd draw back and let Slater or Rich draw them away, a super athletic Tully and Gino, a super fiery Rich and Slater, hot tags that are generally earned, and a finish that did a great job of justifying why Slater brought Rich into Houston to even the odds.

I wish it had just a few more minutes for the shine and just a few more on both FIPs; that holds it back from being a classic, but the world is a just a little bit of a better place for people being able to see it for the first time in 35 years.

Start making selections from the previous list and we will start trying to get two matches up a day - if at all possible. Also - and don't freak out on me now - I have the been provided the following list of matches - and they look amazing. Which ones do you want to see first?

PAUL: Bruiser Brody vs Bockwinkle: New Match? (After Bockwinkle DQ, Harley Race attacks Bruiser Brody in the ring

PAUL: Harley Race vs El Halcon Title Match

PAUL: Tony Atlas vs Gino promo; Harley Race interrupts promo; Harley Race promotes title match vs Tony Atlas

PAUL: Lothario vs Ken Patera

PAUL: Gino & Tully vs Ricky Morton & Kenny Lucas;

Title Match: Bockwinkle vs JYD; Promos on HD#7; Crowd-Noise Only

PAUL: Atlas vs Markus

PAUL: Brody vs Gino

PAUL: Dusty vs Graham; New Match?

10) PAUL: Lewin vs David Von Erich (Captain’s Match); Followed by Kevin Von Erich vs Spoiler; Gary Hart and 3 Von Erichs all in for rest of it; One continuous program; 40-minute tape

PAUL: David Von Erich vs Spoiler

PAUL: Lewin vs Brody

PAUL: Atlas promotes Gino match

PAUL: Lewin vs Gino with Gary Hart in a Cage CROWD NOISE ONLY:

AWA World Title Match: Bockwinkle vs Ricky Morton

CROWD NOISE ONLY: Stomper vs Slater

PAUL: Cage Match: Humongous managed by Humperdink vs Jake Roberts

PAUL: Bruiser Brody vs Dale Valentine

PAUL: Mark Lewin vs Tom Jones

PAUL NARRATES: Paul Boesch vs George Harris III

PAUL: Gino vs Rocky Johnson

Bruno vs Superstar Graham: WWWF World Title Match from Maryland

Greg Valentine vs Wahoo McDaniel; Mid Atlantic Title Match;

Ric Flair & Ricky Steamboat post-match free-for-all in ring Wahoo & Bobo Brazil; Post-Match Promos

PAUL: Gino & Tully vs Mil Mascaras & Tito

PAUL: Tully vs Mil Mascaras

PAUL: Mongolian Stomper vs Scott Casey

Gino & Tully vs El Gran Apollo & Mil Mascaras

This is the last list you mean, right Bruce? Most of these have gone up, some haven't.

Okay guys. The latest hard drive has arrived. And I am maybe only 25% into the content - but this is what we have so far: (help me out with dates guys!)

DICK MURDOCH vs. ALBERTO MADRIL (2 out of 3 Falls)

DALE VALENTINE (Buddy Roberts) vs. SPOILER (with Gary Hart) / 2 out of 3 Falls 2/9/79

TIGER CONWAY SR. and JR. vs. MARK LEWIN / GARY HART 2/9/79

ICHIBAN (with Gary Hart) vs. TIGER CONWAY JR. November 24, 1978

BULL RAMOS vs. RANDY BREWER

DUSTY RHODES vs. BILL WHITE 12/1/78

promo - ERNIE LADD / TIGER CONWAY JR.

BULL RAMOS vs. MARK LEWIN / 2 out of 3 Falls for the Brass Knucks Title - blood! 12/15/78

NICK KOZAK vs. GINO HERNANDEZ (masked after hair match)

DUSTY RHODES vs. TANK PATTON / 2 out of 3 Falls

Texas Hwt. Title / 2 out of 3 Falls - GINO HERNANDEZ (with Gary Hart) vs. the Original SICODELICO! 5/9/80

promo - HARLEY RACE

promo - MIL MASCARAS

promo - BRUISER BRODY

promo - ANDRE THE GIANT

SUPERSTAR BILLY GRAHAM (shaved head) vs. TIGER CONWAY JR.

MARK LEWIN vs. TIGER CONWAY JR. / 2 out of 3 Falls 1/19/79

GARY HART vs. MIKE THE BIG 'UN (Mark Lewin interferes)

GREG VALENTINE (babyface - with Johnny at ringside) vs. GINO HERNANDEZ / 2 out of 3 Falls

ALBERTO MADRIL vs. GINO HERNANDEZ

STRETCHER MATCH - OX BAKER (babyface) vs. GINO HERNANDEZ / 2 out of 3 Falls (?)

PEPPER GOMEZ vs. MARK LEWIN

WORLD MIDGET TITLE - LORD LITTLEBROOK vs. BOBO JOHNSON / 2 out of 3 Falls

KILLER BROOKS vs. JOSE LOTHARIO / 2 out of 3 Falls

GREG VALENTINE (babyface) vs. ICHIBAN

JOSE LOTHARIO vs. GINO HERNANDEZ (masked)

8-MAN TAG! RICKY MORTON / KEN LUCAS / JIMMY GOLDEN / SCOTT CASEY vs. SUPERSTAR GRAHAM / BOB SWEETAN / KILLER BROOKS / HACKSAW DUGGAN

INDIAN STRAP MATCH - WAHOO vs. TULLY

IVAN KOLOFF vs. TONY ATLAS 9/5/80

MANNY FERNANDEZ vs. MIL MASCARAS

JIMMY SNUKA vs. KEN PATERA / 2 out of 3 Falls

LAWMAN DON SLATTON vs. TIGER CONWAY JR.

SPOILER vs. TOM JONES

GINO HERNANDEZ vs. SUGAR BEAR HARRIS (pre-Kamala!)

GINO HERNANDEZ vs. EL HALCON 9/5/80

SPOILER vs. EL HALCON 7/13/79

JOSE LOTHARIO / PEPPER GOMEZ vs. MARK LEWIN / SPOILER 5/4/79

EDIT: I bolded the ones I THINK We haven't seen yet but I'm not sure about some of them. Pete would know better.

This was a real fun match. With a little more time this would be near or up their with some of the top end MX matches. Like Gino has grown on the classics viewers. I would wager the Dynamic Duo is going to come out of this as a top flight tag team. I think the ride will be exciting.

It starts with it breaking down in H-town. It settles down and Rich scores a victory with the Thesz press. This was an old MX gimmick in 2 out of 3 falls by dropping a quick fall. Since the Duo predate the MX it's in their playbook as well. Throughout the match the Duo was so good at stooging and bumping around. You just wished they had more time . Slater and Rich were a good babyface team to boot. Again time constraints kept the match from reaching the next level. I dug Tully and Gino focusing on Slater's arm. I thought the teams had good chemistry with each other. 3 1/2*

RICKY MORTON and KEN LUCAS vs. TULLY BLANCHARD and GINO HERNANDEZ!

This was a really good tag match. What the guys do with 14 minutes is pretty impressive. We get a brawl to start.This pisses the faces off and they toss the heels over the top rope. The next 2 falls were just a great southern tag. Ken Lucas was great at providing the glue. While Morton was working at a clip ahead of his time. He even uses a rana. While Gino and Tully had swagger and were both great at stooging and at getting heat. The crowd was with the match the entire time.3 3/4*

Spoiler vs David Von Erich

This is a match designed to make David a player in Houston. He gets a lukewarm reception coming out partially based on his Dad being a huge heel in the State. So these guys go broadway with the goal to make David look like a million bucks . By the way the crowd responded to him post match the goal was accomplished.

Things I liked about the match and things that missed.

1. David's leg work was done well.

2. David had a great sleeper.

3. Spoiler setting up ways for David to get the one upmanship.

4. David's fire in the match was right on point.

5. Spoiler needed to show more hatred .

6. Spoiler's heat needed to be more focused. I liked the neck work, but needed to be longer.

7. The finish was perfect to establish an up and coming baby face.

2 1/2*

I can't wait to catch these two, Lucas, Spoiler, and David (even a young one) are all guys we don't have as much as we could of.

Bruce, any idea how long the Bockwinkel vs Ricky Morton match is? That's a brand new pairing and even though Ricky is probably a little big younger than when he reaches the real height of his powers, it's what I'm looking forward to the most so long as it gets some time.

• Loss unpinned this topic