Pro Wrestling Only

NWA On Demand

Gilbert vs Tatum

I love both of these guys. I thought it was going to be more hate filled. Still this had some great punches in it. I liked Gilbert's arm work, but Tatum's was even nastier. I loved the post match brawl with Missy and Journey super heated. Then Missing Link is out, but OMG comes out and lays him out. This post match was awesome.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This couldn't really have lived up to my expectations for it. I'm really glad we have it though. Great novelty. It just didn't really know what it wanted to be. Obviously, Tatum had huge reason to go after Gilbert, but they seemed to be transitioning forward so there wasn't going to be real payoff here. While Tatum portrayed a wronged man with a just cause, he was still John Tatum with his stooging, bumping, and over the top facial expressions. They work so well as a heel positioned as a heel, but this was far more nebulous. Some of the best stuff here was when they were trying to out heel one another. The rest of the best stuff was the punching at the end which was really heated. There was just too much in the way of armbars for a match like this, and really, even though he worked well from underneath and was full of fury (for the most part) when on top, the crowd just never got behind Tatum and that hurt the match. Still really glad we have it though.

The post match was, indeed, awesome.

Totally agree Matt.

This is a cage match and is worked how you're suppose to work a cage match. It starts off with a little shine for Doc. Hayes quickly puts Doc into the cage a couple of times. Hayes gets the brass knucks and just bloodys up Doc. He's working the cut like any good pro wrestler would. So Hayes focus is the cut. We even see a bulldog from him. Again the focus is on the cut. Doc fights back, and now Hayes is tasting the cage. He's all bloodied up and now Doc is punching the holy hell out of the cut. He's grating Hayes forehead onto the cage. Doc Finishes him off with a flying shoulder block. Now Gordy enters the cage and he is beating on Doc. Dibiase enters the fray to even the odds up. Their are belts being used which looks to set up a Country Whipping match. The crowd was insane for the post match. Everything made this a great segment. 4*

Freebirds vs Doc/Dibiase

This was pretty good.. The Birds were great at stooging and bumping around for the faces. Hayes was really on fire here. Eventually though Hayes is a bloody mess. The faces are all over Hayes. When they cut off Doc, Roberts was super nasty working him over. Doc gets the tag to Teddy and they cut him off and work him over. They get a hot tag to Doc, but the Birds post him and get DQ'd. The crowd was super hot for this. 3 1/2*

Bruce,

I sure don't ask for much but the date of that Moolah match you posted is the same as a Summit show.

Just tell us that when you found the reel with that match, you found the Race vs Wahoo and Bockwinkel vs Lothario main events too?

Because man, those sound great.

Quit being paranoid. We aren't going anywhere! The NWA Ringside website is down because we are improving it and integrating with the NWAOnDemand.com website so people only have to go one place.

We have NOT sold the library to WWE. They did make an offer - which was declined. Roku app is about two weeks away. And the big news is: we are going to drop the price! But don't let the cat out of the bag before we can make our "Big Announcement."

There should also be a new Bockwinkle match up today. We had to slow down on the uploads because we were busy converting everything to a new platform. Remember - this is primarily myself and Jim Ratcliff doing everything - so when we get bogged down doing something else super important - sometimes the uploads slow down a bit.

• Loss unpinned this topic