Pro Wrestling Only

[1984-08-03-Houston Wrestling] Hector & Chavo Guerrero vs The Fantastics

shoe

I believe this is a new match too, and I was at this show.

This was pretty interesting. Chavo has so many variations on the suplex. Fantastics had a really strong shine sequence. They did a great job working the arm and the crowd lost it later on a double row, row, row the boat spot. The heat segments were really weird. Instead of a good sized one on Fulton. We got 3 short ones on Fulton. Still I liked good far outweighed the bad. 3 1/2*

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [1984-08-03-Houston Wrestling] Hector & Chavo Guerrero vs The Fantastics
  • 1 year later...

The structure of this was a bit ropey. Rather than your traditional southern tag formula, where in a perfect world Tommy Rogers takes a beating a few minutes as very few wrestlers take a beating like Tommy Rogers, and very few teams are as good as the Guerreros at dishing one out, we got three mini heat segments on Bobby Fulton, who felt a bit off during this. He wasn't bad or anything, but there were a few miscues and it made some of the double team spots feel a little contrived, or at least less organic than they usually do. Of course the people still lost it for the double row boat, and the headlock noggin knocker, and basically everything else for that matter because it's these four and they are very good at what they do. You've just seen those things done a little smoother, or a little quicker, with a little less setup. Chavo and Hector putting cool spins on otherwise standard spots will always rule so obviously I loved the finish, which gave us a picture perfect Tommy Rogers dropkick as a bonus. Not their best match together, but of course it was good, and really, I'll take every new bit of footage involving these guys I can get. It'd be foolish to complain.