Pro Wrestling Only

WMXXI Predictions/Discussion

Coffey

Eddie vs. Rey- Eddie should win... unless they are going to give Rey a run at the world title :)

Orton vs. Taker- Orton should win but more than likely Taker will take it.

Money in the Bank 6-man- Benoit should win but won't. I'll go with Christian??? Fuck, I don't know.

The big Show vs. Akebono- What are the rules for this match?

Christy/Trish - Who gives a shit?

HBK vs. Angle- I think HBK will win.

Cena vs. JBL - JBL should retain so that Rey can challenge for the title :)

HHH vs. Batista - Batista wins and loses it a month down the road.

Guest Bruiser Chong

This has to be the most apathetic I've ever been about a Wrestlemania, and this is coming from the person who ordered Wrestlemanias IX and XI with no questions asked.

The card just seems like a copy of what we've gotten for WMs the past couple of years. HHH is a title match where he seems destined to lose, but because of his track record, we're convinced he's either going to retain or lose and regain it a short time later.

HBK is once again partaking in one of the final "dream matches" available for him, and while it should be a good match, he's so played out that he just needs to go home.

We've got our token women's match that NOBODY cares about; an undercard match that has great potential, but isn't likely to get more than 10-15 minutes tops.

Then there's yet another person challenging Taker's Mania record in a lose-lose situation. A Taker win does nothing and an Orton win just gives the underserving schmuck yet another notch in his belt.

Some of the matches have me curious, but I can't envision dropping 50 bucks on this myself and the likelihood of a group effort to get the show seems like a pipe dream these days.

Guest Some Guy

HHH/Batista - I wavering on whether or not HHH is jobbing here because of HHH gettin gbeat down at the end of Raw but I still think that Batista will go over.

HBK/Angle - HBK will go over in a very entertaining match that will be loved by many and panned by some. I can't wait for the "Why did he do a kip up after being in the anklelock for ten minutes?" stuff.

Cena/JBL - I'd have JBL go over here. Cena and JBL have decent heat right now adn the feud will turn up a little bit more with an extended feud, plus SD! has no one else close to that level to feud with Cena if he wins. But I suspect this will be ht eultimate feel good show with almost all face wins, so I pick Cena.

Christy/Trish - Trish has to win and be the heel execption.

TBS/Akebono - I suspect that Show will not be jobbing to a guy who is not under contract and I suspect that Vince has truly lost hi sfucking mind for allowing this bullshit to waste time on the show. Why not just do a fucking SD! and RAW battle royal so a lot of guys can get a pay day and put Show over in that? Same effect and happier wrestlers would result.

Eddie/Rey - Eddie goes over but does some type of cheating that would be a little too much for a match with his friend to further the stupid heel turn.

Orton/Taker - Taker wins because Orton is getting surgery or so says TSM.

Money in the Bank 6-man - I think Shelton goes over here. If the point of this to have the winner ME a PPV this year the Christian won't win because he ain't going to ME a PPV, Kane won't win because he was last man standing on Raw, Benoit and jericho won't win because they are Benoit and Jericho, Edge won't win because getting squashed in a bad match by Batista will do him no good. So that leaves Shelton, who can easily turn heel (he got a minor heelreaction on Raw) and can possibly get something decent out of Batista. Plus that is new blood inthe ME scene. That is assuming HHH doesn't take the belt back at Backlash, because you know that's when the firts rematch will happen. If HHH takes the belt back then I'd nix the Shelton win because HHH doesn't do very well when feuding with black guys. He'll probably stand in the ring wearing a pointing hat and call Shelton a "nigger" and then make Shelton tell HHH how much he respects him.

Then we'll also get a Piper's Pit segment with Austin. - Hassan runs in and lays out both guys leading to a match with Austin at Backlash. If they do Hassan/Piper I'll shoot myself.

HHH/Batista

I think Batista's going over. I also think he'll be dropping the title within two months though. The match will be as good as HHH wants it to be.

HBK/Angle

I think Shawn will go over in a match that is very good but will still dissapoint everyone. What I want to happen, is for Angle to win by cheating and Shawn to go to SD to feud more with him. It would open up alot more interesting matches with some guys.

Cena/JBL

JBL will retain the belt. I'm not seeing this match being very good but JBL has been surprising me.

Christy/Trish

Christy will go over causing everyone online to commit suicide.

TBS/Akebono

The Big Show. This is going to be...interesting.

Eddie/Rey

Eddie will win in the match that steals the show. I see Chavo helping him win.

Orton/Taker

Orton. I don't want him to go over but I think he needs to go over. I'm expecting this match to be a snoozefest.

Money in the Bank 6-man

I'm not sure who's going to win but I can tell you that it won't be Christian. I'm hoping this match won't dissapoint but it's really a wild card. I'm not thrilled that they shoved so many of the best wrestlers into one match instead of trying to build some meaningful feuds for them.

Then we'll also get a Piper's Pit segment with Austin.

Hassan interrupts and gets stunnered. The segment won't be great but I'll probably mark.

Guest Dazed

HHH/Batista

Man, did this feud ever go to shit? Absolutely everything up until the night after No Way Out was a textbook example of how to book a wrestling feud. Unfortunately, everything was destroyed in one segment, where Dave threw HHH threw the table and signed a contract. Things moved from subtle manipulation to "I'm not scared of you (I am really)", which is the same as almost every other feud HHH has been in over the last 4 years. Something that was never touched on at all is a throwaway comment that Batista made, about how he'd made his decision to fight on Raw "a long time ago", implying that HHH's manipulation hadn't worked. However, JR + Lawler played up how Batista had luckily heard HHH do the lamest reveal of all time to Flair.

The match should last about 6 seconds, with a Batista Bomb and pinfall. Instead, I fear that Batista will be horribly exposed in a long match, in which he'll (obviously) win the title. The match sucking will be used as an excuse to have him drop the title in the future, though. Presumably to HHH, at Backlash or whatever the show after is. Even if Batista does a "Benoit" and manages to beat HHH twice, he'll still never be the focus of Raw, no matter what McMahon says.

HBK/Angle

I love the build to this. Outside of them showing up on each other's shows (although HBK's cameraman was cleverly worked, with Angle being smart for once, but Shawn being smarter), Angle's "I can outdo your whole career in four weeks" was well worked. The training videos and video packages were a welcome change, and brilliantly, they managed to keep things fresh and not reuse any of the segments that so regularly feature in WWE feuds.

The match itself is looking to be the show stealer, although the result will be mostly meaningless. Angle can use a big victory like this, but after Shawn's Mania performance with Jericho, I can't see it happening.

Cena/JBL

Total contrast to the HBK / Angle build. Is there *any* Russo trademark that hasn't been used here? I notice that this week Cena is arrested and resurfaces within minutes, there's been a screw job on the US Title, and God knows what else. As a result, the feud feels as generic as it gets.

Don't have any desire to see the match, but assuming HHH / Dave is the main event, having Cena go over will lessen the impact of Dave's win. However it is the perfect time and place to end JBL's reign, unless they go for a SummerSlam rematch.

Christy/Trish

The feud hasn't been bad, per se. Having the defeated Lita train someone new to take on Trish is novel in contemporary WWE, but the weakness is evident; Lita is actually training someone with zero wrestling skills. And really, isn't "retard who emulates other people" Eugene's gimmick?! ;)

Match will obviously blow, Trish isn't quite Jesus. Again, there's no desire to see this. Had they worked this angle with someone who didn't actually suck, and then took them off screen for a period of time while they "train", that'd own. Doesn't this mean that the Women's title is only one of three being defended on the show?

Part 2 later - I really should do some work

Guest The Metal Maniac

HHH/Batista - Batista had damn well better win, or else his career is fucked. However, as a friend of mine pointed out, HHH has pretty much looked like crap during the whole feud, so he may try to talk his way out of it. I still hold out hope that they're not THAT stupid, and Batista goes over.

HBK/Angle - Umm...HBK, probably? Should be a decent match, though I honestly never considered this a "dream" match (especially not these days) and I don't have the high hopes that everyone else does.

Cena/JBL - Honestly, I think this depends on the finish of HHH/Batista. I can't see them having both faces go over both champs, because, as someone said, it could lessen the impact of both victories. However, I think it's more likely that Cena will lose due to screwjob then it is that HHH will go over. I hope.

Christy/Trish - Really don't care.

TBS/Akebono - Second verse, same as the first.

Eddie/Rey - I can't understand the booking leading to this match. "Hey, how about 2 weeks before WM, we have Eddie challenge Rey to a match for no real reason? GENIUS!" They should have started this feud a while back, with Eddie's cheating ways somehow costing them the tag belts, or something like that. Then you build from there. They could still have the "respect" factor, but they'd at least be wrestling for something, not just shits and giggles. That aside, I think Eddie should win, because I think he needs it more. Assuming that they're on, I think this has a better chance to be MOTN then Angle/HBK.

Orton/Taker - Honestly, if Taker loses, I may get up and leave. I *really* can't stand Orton. At all. And not in a "I hope someone kicks his ass" kind of way, but in a "I hope he never appears on TV ever again" kind of way. I just really don't see the point of him getting the win here, especially since he needs shoulder surgery (or so I'm told). Why break the streak only to vanish for months? With the WWE memory span, it'll be totally forgotten by the time he comes back. Anyway, the highlight of this match (hopefully) will be 'Taker no-selling the RKO with a Zombie Situp. You don't understand how much it would entertain me to see that.

Money in the Bank 6-man - I'm really not sure who's gonna win this. Probably Benoit, so he can make Batista look good at the next throwaway PPV. Though honestly, I think the best scenario would be for Christian to win, but not use the shot for months, just because it'd fit his character perfectly to be bragging about how he can wrestle the champ whenever he wants...he just doesn't want to right now. Then have him go uber-dick by demanding his shot right after Batista wins a hard-fought match.

Just to defend my Christian prediction... I haven't seen RAW in a year lr so or even read most of the updates in months. I just drew a random person not named Benoit to win. I had absolutely no rhyme or reason for picking Christian. It could have been Benjamin or Kane or Edge and iwould have no defense for my pick.

Guest Some Guy

I don't thin Christian has won a singles match on TV this year, they had a great opputunity to make his career with a win or a good showing against HBK in Toronto on Raw, but chose to stick to the very pro-Christian fans and have Shawn win with his formula. I think Shawn beat up Tomko as well and maybe half of Canada's army (14 people or so) and 3/4 of the Royal Mounted Police. He's a resiliant guy, you know.

Guest Some Guy

I'll buy the DVD. Fuck WM! It's Sox/Yanks tomorrow night!

GH, how can you not be interested? PIMPISTA~! is going to win the title OMG! Just think of the suit he'll wear as newly crowned champ on Raw. ::Drools and then goes off to masterbate::

Sorry, I was channeling the TSM WWE Folder.

Look at it this way Some Guy...

-- I have the WWF tv coming from you.

-- Loss is going to be sending me some old NWA and puro.

-- Tim Cooke is going to be sending along some AAA and puro.

-- I am in the process of looking into some bulk buys from Ginnetty.

-- Plus I have about 20 DVDs from innetty that I have only touched the surface of.

Ihave plenty on my wrestling platter to get my fill. I think watching WM this year would be more of a chore than entertainment. If Eddie_rey or HBK-Angle or the 6 man come through, I may rent it from Netflix when it comes out. As of now, I have no connection to WWE tv and don't fell like i will be missing out if I pass on this show.

Ginnetty is only one of the greatest tape dealers on the net. The understanding is that if Ginnetty can't find it then it doesn't exist. His VQ and prices are also off the charts. He does not have a website but does have an email address. I'll shoot it o you when I get home and back on the net. probably sometime later on tonight.

HHH/Batista: I think Batista's getting the win, but they've squashed the heat on this feud enough to give HHH the justification for winning it back in a month or two.

HBK/Angle: This match kind of exemplifies the WWE right now. These two can bring the house down if they both have their working boots on, but so what? No one's being elevated here, no new stars are going to be made here. Just two guys who both are wrestling on borrowed time. I'm going to go with HBK just because he's got the worst of the beatdowns during the buildup and that usually signals who's getting the win.

Cena/JBL: Cena really should get a win here since he's the most over guy on SmackDown by far. My spider sense is tingling however, between Vince being a mark for JBL and HHH probably dropping the RAW belt (and him convincing Vince that two title changes on one card would dilute the value of him jobbing) I think Cena might get screwed here.

Christy/Trish: Christy's gonna win here since they're going to try to get something for their $250,000. Christy seems to try pretty hard and Trish can make this look better than a complete clusterfuck.

TBS/Akebono: This will end up being a Russoific schmozz I'm sure. Seems like they're trying too hard to have a "Wrestlemania Moment" to air for the buildup for next year's WM.

Eddie/Rey: Didn't I hear they want to move Rey up to face more heavyweights? If so, I think Rey's winning here to get some main event cred.

Orton/Taker: I think they had Taker convinced to job until Orton fizzled as a face. They pulled the last minute heel turn, but I don't think Orton is the future WWE wishes he was unless there's a single McMahon female he can marry.

Money in the Bank 6-man: I'd like to see Shelton win so that the IC champ can actually be the #1 contender like it used to be.

So far... from Meltzer

Spoilers warning if you haven't seen the show.....

Go back now

don't go forward....

Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio are opening the show. Mysterio got the pin with a spinning head scissors into a cradle. Good opener, but I think most people will be disappointed because they would have expected more. Slightly shorter than I would have expected (and I was expecting short), and there were some rough spots. I almost sensed they were nervous out there.

Evolution just bumped into The Cabinet. HHH made fun of JBL. JBL claimed he's the only champion who never lost. JBL guaranteed a win. They are teasing a match, probably to make people think that both are retaining. Almost surely a swerve.

Adam Sandler and Rob Schneider were at ringside. They plugged "Longest Yard."

Ladder match is next. Edge won by hitting Benoit in the elbow with a chair while Benoit was on top, then climbed up to win. An incredible match. Benoit busted up his stitches with a diving head-butt off the ladder on Kane. One stunt after the other. It was more controlled and less dangerous than some of the Mania matches, but it was at the same level as the best of the Wrestlemania ladder matches.

Eugene came out, limping, talking about how much he liked midget wrestling. Muhammad Hassan is doing his angle with Eugene. Hassan put Eugene in the camel clutch when Hogan came out. No match, but Hogan cleaned house on both and posed. Of course it was the biggest pop of the show. It was smart because they left it open for a match if need be. Former world champion David Arquette was at ringside with the Hogan family, next to Linda.

Undertaker vs. Randy Orton is next. Undertaker won by reversing Orton's tombstone into one of his own. Really good match. Bob Orton Jr. interfered, after Earl Hebner was bumped, clocking Undertaker with his cast to set up a near fall. The big spot was Orton reversing a choke slam into an RKO but Undertaker kicked out.

I agree with you but I think it exposes HHH too since he usually only has good matches that last long with quality opponents. he simply can't carry the marginal workers the way guys like Austin and Rock could. He is a sorry excuse for a human being. I was also saddened that Taker beat Orton. I don't really care for Orton but have no use for Taker... at all. Now, I'll get to see HBK beat Angle.. .YIPPEEE!!!

MOre Meltzer results... spoilers.....

Very good show so far, but I wish they'd dump all the videos before the matches and save them for just the main events. The three minutes added to each of the matches so far tonight would have made all of them better matches.

Trish Stratus vs. Christy Hemme is next up. Stratus won quickly with a chick kick. Stratus did a good job carrying it, but it was clear Hemme was in over her head.

Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels is up next. They are going to have a hell of a time topping the ladder match. My money says they will. My only wish before the show was that Michael Cole wasn't going to call this match and I guess it's starting out on a positive note.

I figured Taker was going to win the moment Orton announced on RAW he was going to challenge him and pretty much got booed out of the building. They've done a pretty good job getting the fans to boo people from the opposite brand regardless of their heel/face status so that sealed the deal for Randy.

As far as HHH goes, a long match can expose him too but if they go 25 minutes and the match sucks he can just go to Vince and do the old "he can't work WWE style" and get his precious back.

WWE used to know how to book monster faces, you never saw the Warrior going 25 minutes during his time on top. Now everyone has to have a half hour chinlock match with Hunter to prove their worthiness.

Guest Bruiser Chong

Orton's going on the shelf four-to-six months after the show, anyway, so I'm not sure how much sense it'd make to give a guy the honor of ending Taker's streak and then have him disappear for half a year.

Sounds like an okay show so far, although not worthy of FIFTY dollars. Yeesh. Twenty-five minutes of HHH/Batista is gonna be uuuuuugly.

Well Meltz is raving about the Ladder match and HBK/Angle, so it's definately going to go on my DVD buying list.

Speaking of, since HBK accidentally busted Angle's mouth during their match, I wonder if Kurt's wife is going to go around calling Shawn a sloppy worker now.

Guest Bruiser Chong

They did a big beer bash with Austin & Piper, ending when Austin stunned Piper.

Good thing they didn't get cliche on us.