Pro Wrestling Only

Looking at things to fix # 1

LowBlowPodcast

Discussion # 1 – Inactive promotions

- The first thing we need to look at is inactive promotions.

Right now for active promotions we have

AWA – Rain

CWF – Superfan

BigTime – Dexstar

WWA – Jhawk

Memphis – Kevin

Southeastern – Boon

Mid South – Low Blow

We have a couple of bubble promotions

World Class – Jesse

WWC – El Boricua

Mid Atlantic – Beast

All Star – Wahoo’s leg

We have promotions who have dropped

Southwest

Stampede

ICW

International

Now those promotions have got rosters held for them right now. We have to make a call on the inactive and bubble promotions unless they speak up. I know Beast has had some reservations, but I am going to let him make his announcement if he goes that route (which I hope he doesn’t). Jesse, El, and Wahoo haven’t posted shows in quite some time, and while we have the frame of mind that they can “catch up” it is just not happening at this point.

We have 4 people interested in coming in at this point and I am working with admin on getting them set up. Hopefully that process will be complete for each of those individuals to take over a promotion.

The question at hand is what should we do with other bubble promotions. If someone hasn’t been active for an extended period of time (say 60 days as a frame of reference from Dex) is the promotion considered able to stay in? Now I know things happen and real life is tough, so could we look at 90 days of not posting a show? If an individual doesn’t post a show in 90 days, then the promotion is relinquished?

What are our thoughts on that movement?

I am not sure where they are but I just looked under the promotions tab to see when the last time the bubble promotions posted a show and except for Beast, they don't exist. That being said, I like the 60 day rule. If they do not answer this post in a few days, we can move forward without them.

Much of their roster could still be intact after the re-draft and if it has completely changed they could always pick another promotion to write. We are not kicking anyone out but they may have to make some adjustments to continue to play.

My view is, 60 days for no communication at all, 90 days for not posting a show.

Edit : just to clarify, the 90 days applies to people who post and say, for whatever personal life reasons, they will be unable to post shows for a stretch but once that temporary situation ends they will be able to continue writing. In those cases they can maintain their promotion as long as they start back up again within the 90 day timeframe. (With some flexibility for individual cases. For example, if someone is forced to be away for 93 days but absolutely commits to being back up and running at the end of that, we don't have to limit ourself to the letter of the law. On the other hand, if someone posts one show within the 90 day time frame, then posts one more in the next 90 days, then we might want to discuss with that person whether or not they can really maintain the commitment.)

If a person does not post at all with no warning for 60 days, in that case we mark the promotion as inactive.

Also, if a person falls a week or two behind due to time issues (such as myself), then we should give them leeway to get caught up. However, if a promotion is behind for whatever reason in more the 4 weeks plus timeframe, but then is able to start up again, then the promoter should be encouraged to consider the promotion "on vacation" during that time. When they start back up again, they can pick up where they left off booking-wise, but consider it as being at that point going forward in the calendar. That way, they don't have to feel the pressure of "Oh my God, how am I ever going to get caught up on 6 weeks worth of writing?"