Pro Wrestling Only

Mid South Wrestling on Tour Dec. 1983

LowBlowPodcast

logo.jpg

Mid South Wrestling is coming to you from Lakefront Arena in New Orleans, Louisiana on Fox and its affiliates Fox 8 out of New Orleans, KLRT 16 out of Little Rock, WXXV 25 out of Jackson, KOKH 25 out of Oklahoma City, and KRIV 26 out of Houston.

{Mid South Wrestling opens with highlights of all the top stars of Mid South Wrestling. We then cut to the Jim Ross standing by!}

Jim Ross: WELCOME EVERYONE TO MID SOUTH WRESTLING! I am Jim Ross and Ladies and gentlemen here tonight we have got a great card including an announcement that will without a doubt shock the world of wrestling! I am by myself here tonight as Bill Watts has been in meetings throughout the week and still today. We are hoping to hear more from him this evening about a big situation regarding the National Wrestling Alliance. I want to let you fans know that we have got some great action planned this evening and without a doubt, we will see fists of fire as tonight, the Masked Superstar and Don Muraco are going to team up against Wrestling II and ThunderBolt Patterson. Last week we saw the Fantastics eliminate the Blackjacks, but tonight they are in six-man action with Wahoo McDaniel taking on the Blackjacks and Ted Dibiase. Plus tonight we will see the return of the Junkyard Dog but right now, they are perhaps the most dangerous team in all of professional wrestling and they are the Mid South Tag Team Champions, fans here are the Wild Samoans!

Ken Raper & Pete Sanchez vs The Wild Samoans

-The Wild Samoans come in and rip these two guys limb from limb here. The crowd isn’t sure how to handle the Samoans as Raper and Sanchez are just destroyed in the middle of the ring. This one is over before it really gets going when Afa and Sika hit a pair of bodyslams. Afa then throws Sika to the ropes and picks him up for a spinebuster but falls backwards and crushes Sanchez for the 1…2…3!! The Samoans will defend the titles on the 17th against the Fantastics who are going to be in action later on this evening… Ross puts them over in a big way….

*COMMERCIAL*

-MSW returns with Ross putting over the recent events of Mid South Wrestling and the big double night showcase from Houston on the 16th and 17th of December. He says that Mid South will be off the road for the holidays but says that they will be back in January touring all over the Mid South Territory and will even be exploring new areas of Texas. Jim Ross says that the December 21st and 28th editions of Mid South Wrestling will be special edition episodes highlighting the stars of Mid South and some of the best matches from the fall. Ross then begins to lead into the next contest…

El Bracero vs Mad Dog Boyd

­­­-A great little showcase for Bracero who is really catching fire with the Mid South crowd. The fans are solidly behind him as he hits a nice flying cross body for the 1….2…3! Bracero works the crowd but we hear something from the back… wait a moment… it is Superstar Billy Graham!

­-Jim Ross is going nuts putting this over and says that tonight is the night that Superstar was going to reveal what he’s been talking about. Superstar has got someone following him and he’s got a cloak over his body. Superstar gets into the ring and begins to put this man over one more time but then he grabs the back of the cloak and reveals…

25.jpg

-Jim Ross is not sure what to make of this guy. He puts over his physic in a big way as Graham then announces…

SuperstarBilly Graham: I told the world. I told everyone. Look at this body. Look at this physic. Look at the man of the hour. The man with the power. The highlight maker. The heart breaker! This is the man who has a plan daddy. This the man who will rule the world. This is the one who oozes ravishing and the one who is too rude… ladies and gentlemen… the ravishing one… Rick Rude!

­-The crowd gives Rude a little rumble but more boos than anything. Superstar is showing him off like a piece of steak while in the aisle El Bracero is walking back and shaking his head. Rude doesn’t appear to be pleased. Jim Ross says that we will have more hwne we come back!

*COMMERCIAL*

-MSW Wrestling returns with Jim Ross putting over the debut of Rick Rude. Ross says that Bill Watts may be joining us after this contest. Ross puts over the history of these four men and builds up what could be a very special contest as we head to the ring…

ThunderBolt Patterson & Mr. Wrestling II vs Masked Superstar & Don Muraco w/ Paul Jones

-A pretty hot contest with four of the big stars of Mid-South right now. Jones is doing everything he can outside the ring to keep his men on the same page. We get some fists of fire with Wrestling II/Muraco & Patterson/Superstar. The fun occurs when the teams mix and Wrestling II and Masked Superstar have got something brewing between the two of them and it spills outside the ring. We have some chaos but when it comes down to it we see Paul Jones NAIL ThunderBolt in the back of the head with the TV Title! ThunderBolt stumbles into Muraco who grabs him for a PILEDRIVER and the 1….2…3!!! This one isn’t over as we have some chaos inside the ring with officials and agents breaking up the action. Jim Ross then says there is a commotion in the back. We see a quick camera angle and it is the ONE MAN GANG CHOKING OUT JYD WITH HIS CHAIN! WE WILL BE BACK!

*COMMERCIAL*

-MSW returns with Jim Ross putting over the attack from the One Man Gang. Ross says that he isn’t sure if the JYD will be able to wrestle here tonight… we then see Bill Watts come out. Watts and Ross go back and forth on the events and then Watts proclaims…

Bill Watts: It has been an interesting turn of events over the past couple of weeks. Over the last 10 or so days some of the most trusted people in my life have gone their own way. I have had deals and programs put together with these men for years… well that time has come and gone and I am here right now to proclaim to everyone watching this television show and who watches and cares about Mid South Wrestling that we are here to stay… we are here to fight the good fight… and we are going to bring the BEST PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING IN THE WORLD TO YOU! Now… first off… on December the 16th, in Houston, Texas, we were supposed to see Ted Dibiase go up against the NWA World Champion… however those plans have changed. Next week on this show… we are going to be releasing the full card, but you can count on these big contests on the 16th

CAGE MATCH

Bruiser Brody & Wahoo McDaniel vs The Blackjacks

Junkyard Dog, ThunderBolt Patterson, & A Mystery Partner vs Ted Dibiase, The One Man Gang, & The Masked Superstar

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Fantastics vs The Wild Samoans ©

BULLROPE MATCH

Andre the Giant vs Stan Hansen

Rock & Roll Express vs Midnight Express

Bill Watts: Then on Saturday the 17th, you will see these big matches…

CAGE MATCH

TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

Mr. Wrestling II vs Don Muraco ©

NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP

Bruiser Brody vs Ted Dibiase ©

Junkyard Dog vs One Man Gang

Bill Watts: Those matches have been signed and full lineups will be available next week fans, these are two nights of action you will be upset to not see! Wait just a moment… JYD…

-The JYD comes out and he has got a bloody bandage on his head…

JYD: I wanna say something Bill… you see this blood right here… this blood… this sweat… and these tears… Bill Watts they are for every single person out there. Now I see you got me going against the One Man Gang on the 16th in that six-man… I don’t know who we will find as a partner yet… but I know he and I have a match signed for the 17th… I wanna use this… (pulls out a chain). You wanna do the thing… let’s do the thing. The Dog Collar Match… you bring your chain… one man walks out Gang! ONE MAN WALKS OUT! I AM COMING FOR YA!

-Watts and Ross put this through the roof… they put over the main event with the Blackjacks and Dibiase taking on Wahoo and the Fantastics when we come back!

*COMMERCIAL*

-MSW returns with Ross and Watt putting over tonight’s action. They say that next week we will see the Rock n Roll Express taking on the Midnight Express. They put over how next week we will also see Wrestling II taking on Masked Superstar. We will also have more matches for the 16th and 17th. They put over the main event and we head to the ring for this huge six-man tag team contest.

MAIN EVENT

SIX-MAN TAG

Wahoo McDaniel & The Fantastics v Ted Dibiase & The Blackjacks

-A big main event with some of the biggest names in the sport right now. Fulton and Rogers get a nice amount of work and shine when they are in there with Dibiase. Wahoo plays well with Dibiase and the Blackjacks. We see Bobby Fulton come in and he just gets beaten within in an inch of his life. The Blackjacks and Dibiase are continuing their assault and then out of nowhere Fulton with the tag to Wahoo and the arena comes unglued! Wahoo with chops for everyone and then Rogers comes in with a big standing dropkick on Mulligan! Fulton then out of nowhere tackles Dibiase and takes him out of the ring while Wahoo sends Lanza to the ropes and comes back with a huge OVERHAND CHOP putting Lanza down for the 1…2…3!! Wahoo and the Fantastics have won it. Dibiase is looking to circle the ring with the Blackjacks and the One Man Gang but then we see the JYD run out with the chain… Bill Watts says anything could happen when these 8 men are in the ring. Next week we will have the full cards for the Two-Night Showdown in Houston and a major announcement from Bill Watts! Fans we will see you next week!

NEXT WEEK ON MID SOUTH WRESTLING... Ted Dibiase takes on Bobby Fulton... Wrestling II vs Masked Superstar... and The Rock N Roll Express vs The Midnight Express!!

logo.jpg

Mid South Wrestling is coming to you from the Civic Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on Fox and its affiliates Fox 8 out of New Orleans, KLRT 16 out of Little Rock, WXXV 25 out of Jackson, KOKH 25 out of Oklahoma City, and KRIV 26 out of Houston.

{Mid South Wrestling opens this week with Bill Watts sitting behind his desk ready to make an announcement…}

File0157.jpg

Bill Watts: Welcome ladies and gentlemen to Mid South Wrestling. It is with a great honor and pleasure that I am announcing a partnership with Jim Crockett Promotions and the National Wrestling Alliance. The gravity of this partnership is such that we will be putting together a joint promotional show with all the members of the National Wrestling Alliance called Starrcade! This event will be held on December 25th live from the Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro, South Carolina. Fans will be able to see the show live and for the first time on closed circuit through the Mid South and South Eastern pasts of the United States. Towns like Baltimore, Chicago, St. Louis, and even New York will be carrying the show in select theaters. This is the kind of event that you take your kids to that they will never forget. This is going to be a happening and everyone knows that the National Wrestling Alliance is the oldest governing body in professional wrestling and I look forward to putting this card together and showcasing the top Mid South talent at the event. As of this point… the Mid South Tag Team Championship will be on the line as will the North American Championship as the Junkyard Dog will challenge the champion… either Bruiser Brody or Ted Dibiase. Fans we will have more matches announced next week on our broadcast. Stay tuned for the best wrestling action anywhere right here with Mid South Wrestling!

-We cut to the ring with Jim Ross standing by...

Jim Ross: WELCOME EVERYONE TO MID SOUTH WRESTLING! I am Jim Ross and fans we have got a huge card tonight and you just heard Bill Watts… Starrcade is upon us. Live next week on Christmas night, it is going to be the wrestling event of the century. Everyone is looking forward to the NWA title being on the line along with such titles as the Mid South North American and Tag Team titles along with the NWA Mid-American title out of Memphis, the US Championship and so many more. Fans this is going to be the event that shapes the future of professional wrestling… wait just a moment… Ted Dibiase…

-We see Ted Dibiase come out and he isn’t alone as he’s got the Blackjacks and the One Man Gang with him. They walk over to the table and talk to Jim Ross…

Jim Ross: Now what do we owe this pleasure?

Ted Dibiase: Don’t you be smart with me Ross. Don’t you be smart with me for one second. I am sick and tired of people like Bill Watts and Grizzly Smith making matches for me. I am tired of them saying I need to be in one place when I don’t want to. Christmas night? I am supposed to wrestle the Junkyard Dog on Christmas night? What about Brody? Now this Friday night…

{Bill Watts walks out and he looks hot…}

Ted Dibiase: You listen to me Watts… this Friday night, you put me in a match. Tonight I’ve got a match. Tomorrow night I’ve got a match. Then Saturday I am supposed to defend my North American Title against Bruiser Brody. You’ve got to be kidding me!

Bill Watts: It is no secret that I expect a lot of out the North American Champion. The man who holds that title is the one who is the best wrestler in Mid South and perhaps the toughest champion in wrestling. May just be that you can’t cut it Dibiase.

Ted Dibiase: I have held this title more times and longer than anyone Watts and that includes you. Let me tell you something… I am not wrestling on Friday night. I will not be in Houston. I have got a specialized training set up. I know that this title is important and I want to make sure all the people who come out to support me see me at my best against that Mad Man Brody on Saturday!

Bill Watts: So you’re afraid huh?

Ted Dibiase: No Watts, I am smart… smarter than you for all intensive purposes. Now the way I see it… you can still have your little six-man but since the Junkyard Dog and ThuderBolt Patterson haven’t announced their third partner… I might as well let the cat out of the bag and say who is going to be joining the One Man Gang and Masked Superstar… ladies and gentlemen… without a doubt… he is the strongest man in the world of professional wrestling… he is the MASTER OF THE 5 COUNT… KING… KONG… BUNDY!

wwfe1985_jimmyhart-kingkongbundy_01.jpg

Jim Ross: Wait just a minute… Jimmy Hart… what are you doing out here?

Jimmy Hart: Well lemme tell ya something baby. You are looking right now at the biggest and the baddest and that’s no offense to the One Man Gang but you have got one of the strongest men on the planet right here with my man… King Kong Bundy! I have spoken with Ted Dibiase and we’ve agreed to take his place on Friday night in Houston and lemme tell ya something baby… we cannot wait to put that big goof the Junkyard Dog DOWN for the 5 Count! HAHAHAHA!

Bill Watts: Well Dibiase, looks like you may have surprised everyone… but don’t you forget that you’ve got a match tonight and Bobby Fulton is going to push you pal and he may just get that victory. Anything can happen in Mid South and I can’t wait to see exactly what he does to you!

Dibiase: Watts… I am more untouchable now than I have ever been! HAHA!

-Jim Ross puts over this announcement and wonders who will join the JYD against that big threesome on Friday night. He then puts over our opening contest as we cut to the ring…

El Bracero vs Dennis Stamp

-A nice opening contest with Bracero getting a good victory here. He has got a lot of momentum right now but the real issues builds up when Rick Rude and Superstar Graham walk out. Rude is flexing in the aisle and working over the fans. Bracero continues to look at him like a fool as Rude grabs the microphone…

Rick Rude: Hey… hey common man. He worker… HEY!

{Bracero turns and looks at him…}

Rick Rude: Hey there laborer… why don’t you get back to work instead of taking up my camera time!

{Bracero begins to walk away…}

Rick Rude: That’s right there common man… you keep walking. Don’t you dare take up my time. These people paid to see this body… not your scrawny excuse of a…

{Wait just a moment. Bracero walks back to the ring but officials come out… lemme tell ya this is about to explode… Ross puts it through the roof and says we will see the Rock N Roll Express taking on the Midnight Express when we come back!}

*COMMERCIAL*

-MSW returns with Ross putting over Starrcade and the big six-man tag this Friday night in Houston. He says that Grizzly Smith just signed a one on one contest with Rick Rude taking on El Bracero this Friday night in Houston. He then puts over the big tag team contest about to take place with the Rock N Roll Express and the Midnight Express. He says that these are two of the top teams in wrestling. He wonders if either of these teams will get a chance at the tag titles in the future and wonders how they would fair against the Samaons and drools over the matches with the Fantastics. We cut to the ring.

Rock N Roll Express vs Midnight Express

-Jim Ross put it all on the table fans, these are two of the premiere teams in all of professional wrestling and here we go. These guys go for 9 solid minutes. Rose and Condrey isolate Ricky Morton who sells the farm and he is beaten down something awful. The fans are aware of Morton and give him some pop and they know the attitudes of the MXE. This gives the Rock N Roll the edge as the MXE get some nice heat. We then see the hot tag to Robert Gibson and he comes in like a house of fire. Gibson with some big time shots. Rights and lefts and Rose and Condrey are backing up. The MXE come with a big clothesline but Gibson rolls underneath and joins up with Morton who comes with a big pair of DROPKICKS! MXE goes out of the ring and the Midnights go out on the apron and big cross bodies! We have got a pier six brawl outside the ring as the Midnights and the Rock N Roll are throwing bombs! The referee continues the count and gets to 10 as this one is a double count out! The fans get pretty pumped for this one with these four guys giving it all they had out there. Ross puts this through the roof and says he hears that Don Muraco is going to be coming out and he has some kind of a challenge for Mr. Wrestling II!

*COMMERCIAL*

-MSW returns and Don Muraco walks out with Paul Jones. They are hucking it up and talking about the television championship this weekend. Jim Ross puts over how Saturday night, he may be leaving in a crimson mask against Wrestling II but then Muraco says the only mask he is going to be leaving with is Wrestling IIs. He says that without a doubt he doesn’t even think that Wrestling II is up for the challenge. Paul Jones and Muraco say that they have hired someone to freshen up Wrestling II on Friday night in Houston… they introduce Krusher Kruschev…

krushchev_krusher.jpg

-Ross puts him over as a strong competitor and wonders just what he can do in the ring as Kruschev walks into the ring to face…

Tommy Gilbert vs Krusher Kruschev

-You can count this one by the second’s hand on your clock as Krusher makes quick work of Gilbert. Kruschev is known in the Mid South area and Ross puts him over in a big way. We see him bust out a huge Russian Sickle and cover for the 1….2…3!!

-After the contest Kruschev, Muraco, and Paul Jones are laughing in the ring but then Wrestling II comes out. He looks into the ring and he knows that a fight could go down right not but Ross says Wrestling II is smart enough o pick the good fight. We have officials who come out and get between them. What is Wrestling II going to do when he faces Masked Superstar next?1?

*COMMERCIAL*

-MSW returns with Ross announcing that this Friday night, there will be the big tag team championship match with the Fantastics taking on the Wild Samoans but just signed, it is going to be a rematch, the Midnight Express taking on the Rock N Roll Express! Ross says he expects it to be a hell fire of a matchup with these four again. He wonders who will go to Starrcade as the tag champions and who they will defend against. Ross puts over the debut of Krusher Kruschev and says he and Wrestling II are sure to have a war in the middle of the ring on Friday night. He says Saturday that Wrestling II will do whatever it takes to keep his mask and win the TV title. Ross puts over how Masked Superstar will be in the six-man tag on Friday but Saturday he will be facing ThunderBolt Patterson and that match may have some television title implications. We then cut to the ring for this big time contest!

Mr. Wrestling II vs Masked Superstar

-A really fun 7-minute contest with two guys who have got a lot to prove to one another. Masked Superstar is pretty powerful and showcases his ability tonight as Wrestling II is doing everything he can to keep bringing the fight. The crowd is 100% behind Wrestling II and he fights back with some stiff shots. We see Muraco, Kruschev, and Jones walk down to the ring and cheer on Masked Superstar. Wrestling II has the odds stacked against him but he isn’t letting it get to him until we see Muraco grab his foot and distract him. Masked Superstar comes over and grabs him for a nasty back suplex and crushes Wrestling II’s head on the mat for a 1…2….3!! Here we go! Kruschev and Muraco are beating him down something awful. We have got a three on one demolition. The worst part comes when Muraco hoists him up and we see a triple spike piledriver right in the middle of the ring! Muraco covers him and Paul Jones counts 1…2…3! Muraco runs around with the belt like he won it! We have officials and agents coming down as these guys back off… there is more to this when we come back!

*COMMERCIAL*

-MSW returns and we can see Wrestling II at the announce table and he is barely standing. He grabs the microphone and lets Jim Ross know that if it is a fight that Muraco wants… he’s going to get it. He doesn’t usually call for back up, but if he has to, then he will get the best there is for it! Jim Ross puts over Wrestling II’s big weekend and says he wonders how good of shape he will be in to get his hands on the TV title this Saturday night. Jim Ross continues to put over the big card this Friday and Saturday in Houston and says the cards will be revealed after the main event… Bobby Fulton gets the chance of a lifetime… let’s go to the ring!

Ted Dibiase vs Bobby Fulton

-What an opportunity for Bobby Fulton tonight as he steps in the ring with one of the best in the business at this point. He and Dibiase have good styles to mix with one another. We see these two only get about 11-minutes with tv time running down to the minute and Jim Ross putting it over like crazy. We see Fulton spend some time bumping for Dibiase and making him look strong and then Dibiase returns the favor and it is Fulton who looks like a million dollars! The crowd is going wild as Fulton is looking to finish on Dibiase as we see The Blackjacks, OMG, Bundy, and Jimmy Hart come down to the ring. You can sense this one is about to break loose but here comes the Junkyard Dog, Wahoo McDaniel, ThunderBolt Patterson, Tommy Rogers, and if you can believe it… ANDRE THE GIANT! The sides are definitely even right now with Andre and the JYD. The fans are really stirring as Dibiase is looking to get something from Hart and Bundy but here comes Bill Watts. The Cowboy may be getting involved here and Dibiase falls backwards and Fulton with a school boy for the 1….2….KICK OUT! Dibiase gets up and goes for a big swing but Fulton ducks and then with a roll up for the 1….2..KICK OUT! Oh my! It was there. Ross is going absolutely nuts on commentary and Fulton hits the ropes and goes for a cross body but Dibiase grabs him and HOT SHOT OFF THE TOP ROPE! Fulton is grasping his throat and then Dibiase grabs him for a PILEDRIVER! 1….2….3!! Dibiase has won it and here comes his men to attack Fulton but we see the JYD lead a charge against them! Andre and the One Man Gang are throwing and the fans are going nuts. Dibiase is trying to sneak out and he is backing up the aisle… wait just a moment…

tve74592-19911013-1877.gif

-HACKSAW JIM DUGGAN IS HERE! HACKSAW DUGGAN! HE TURNS DIBIASE AROUND AND JUST NAIL HIM WITH A HUGE RIGHT HAND! HE SENDS DIBIASE REELING BACK TO THE RING AS JYD, ANDRE, WAHOO, THUNDERBOLT, AND THE FANTASTICS CLEAR THE RING! JYD gets on the microphone and says this is his third man and if Dibiase and his boys want to do the thing then they need to get in the ring and do the thing right now as the fans go wild! Jim Ross puts over this Friday night in Houston… fans this is an event you can’t afford to miss!

MID SOUTH WRESTLING PRESENTS

DOUBLE TROUBLE

2 ACTION PACKED NIGHTS

LIVE FROM THE SAM HOUSTON COLISEUM

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

FRIDAY DECEMBER 16TH

MAIN EVENT

CAGE MATCH

The Junkyard Dog, ThunderBolt Patterson, & Hacksaw Duggan

VS

King Kong Bundy, The One Man Gang, & The Masked Superstar

BULLROPE MATCH

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Mr. Wrestling II vs Krusher Kruschev w/ Don Muraco & Paul Jones

El Bracero vs Rick Rude

SATURDAY DECEMBER 17th

CAGE MATCH

TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

Mr. Wrestling II vs Don Muraco ©

DOG-COLLAR MATCH

ThunderBolt Patterson vs The Masked Superstar

EIGHT-MAN ELIMINATION

The Fantastics & Rock N Roll Express vs The Midnight Express & The Wild Samoans

Prologue: As a reminder for our new writers and readers, these shows were not shown on television, therefore there is no commentary to go along with them. Now perhaps some companies would have the cameras rolling during these types of shows, they were really only accessible to the fans watching them in the arena. This is something to add to your production when it comes to the presentation of the shows. These shows are being written as though you are in the arena watching them or perhaps reading them from an Apter mag.

logo.jpg

DOUBLE TROUBLE

FRIDAY DECEMBER 16TH

SAM HOUSTON COLISEUM, HOUSTON TEXAS

S.D. Jones defeated Dennis Stamp via POWERSLAM!

Rick McGraw defeated Tommy Gilbert via BULLDOG!

The Barbarian defeated Victor Rivera via TOP ROPE SHOULDER TACKLE!

El Bracero vs Rick Rude w/ Superstar Graham

-A nice way to open things up with this Houston crowd who doesn’t take kindly to Rude making fun of Mexicans and says Bracero is nothing but a laborer and doesn’t deserve to be in the ring with him. These guys get 10-minutes and Rude is very raw at this point. He has some power offense but more of a Memphis stalling style which ignites the Houston crowd. Superstar Graham is getting some nice heat outside the ring when he takes jabs and punches at Bracero when the referee’s back is turned. The big moment happens when Bracero is looking to hit the flying forearm but Graham grabs his foot and then Rude comes from behind with a big double axe-handle smash and then turns him around for a RUDE AWAKENING (DDT) and the 1…2….3! Rude and Graham then jump in and put the boots to Bracero as the fans are getting hot but here comes JOSE LOTHARIO! Jose runs to the ring and cleans house! Rude almost pushes Graham into him and backs up the aisle… the fans are rabid and cheering for Lothario as he holds up Bracero.

-Our next contest picks right up where the last one left off. The RnR and Midnights continue to build this big feud with some nice action. They get around 12-minutes and we see the MXE just break down Ricky Morton who looks as though he is dying in the middle of the ring. Rose and Condrey just barrel down with some big rights and lefts and they work over the shoulder something awful. Morton goes for a big tag but Rose has the referee’s back turned and Gibson comes in like a house of fire but PeeWee Anderson has to back him up. The fans are really getting riled up now. Rose and Condrey continue to break down Morton but then somehow, someway he finds a way to make the big tag and Gibson comes in and he lays a huge fury of rights and lefts on Rose and Condrey and the crowd is going wild! Gibson looks to be in control but the numbers game gets the best of him. Rose holds him by the arms but Morton comes in and he cracks Condrey! Morton goes up top and Gibson sees him and moves as Morton comes off the top with a dropkick right off Rose’s nose! Rose’s nose must have EXPLODED! Blood is everywhere! Gibson covers for the 1…2….3! The crowd pops Gibson and Morton as they walk to the back. PeeWee holds a towel over Rose’s face as it is a gusher and some of the fans shreak when he walks by!

-Before this one gets going, Kruschec comes out with Muraco and Jones. They put over how they are going to end Wrestling II’s career tomorrow night inside of the steel cage. They say that Wrestling II will not survive, nor will he mask. This is getting the crowd pretty riled up as Wrestling II comes out and he says that he knew this would be a fight and that he’d need some back up… so he got the help of a man with whom he has trusted and someone who he knows will be behind him… he brings out… MAGNUM TA!

Mr. Wrestling II w/ Magnum TA vs Krusher Kruschev w/ Don Muraco & Paul Jones

- Magnum TA comes out to a great ovation, as he is decently known here in the Mid South Area. He joins up with Wrestling II to combat the Muraco and Jones factor outside the ring. This one is a good power contest with the Krusher who is a great physical presence in the ring. He control the pace and allows Wrestling II to get a great build up from the crowd. Magnum TA is pounding the mat and getting the fans riled up as Wrestling II finds a way to get going on offense before Muraco attempts to get involved. Magnum runs over and he cracks Muraco and then Kruschev grabs at him but Wrestling II with a high knee sending him out of the ring to the floor. Wrestling II joins and we’ve got a tag team brawl outside the ring right now and the crowd is chanting for Wrestling II and Magnum! The referee continues to count as Wrestling II leaps inside the ring as Muraco attempts to get his leg but doesn’t and Wrestling II with the count out victory! The crowd gives him some love as Magnum and Wrestling II work the fans. Muraco holds up the title and says that tomorrow night in the cage he won’t be able to run! We will see how that fares tomorrow night!

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

-This is one that these fans have been waiting for. They’ve seen these teams against one another before and the last time that it happened, the Samoans destroyed Fulton and Rogers. Tonight, the titles are on the line and the fans are giving them a little something extra. This one goes roughly 15-minutes and it helps the Fantastics. Fulton and Rogers are able to dictate the pace and keep the Samoans doing. We really see some tag team execution and the Fantastics have really come into their own right in front of these fan’s eyes! Afa and Sika with some big shots and control near the end but it is the momentum of the Fantastics that leads us to a huge moment when they double dropkick Sika out of the ring to the floor. They then double dropkick Afa who no sells it but Rogers goes behind and gets on his hands and knees while Fulton runs for a cross body and Afa trips as both Fantastics cover for the 1….2….3!! Just a great moment here as the fans go wild! Fulton and Rogers grab the tag team titles and hold them high in the air. They jump out into the crowd on their way up through the Sam Houston Coliseum.

BULLROPE MATCH

­-A very interesting contest. Hansen comes out and he is throwing that bullrope around as Andre is shown coming out but Hansen won’t let him in the ring. He throws the rope one more time but Andre grabs it and pulls him out of the ring and to the floor. This one is a wild 11-minute brawl and both men get busted open from the cowbell. Hansen is digging it into Andre’s skull and the big man is a mess. Andre fights his way back and it is no Hansen who is a bloody mess. Jim Ross announced before the contest that it was a simple pinfall/submission Bullrope match without the four corners piece. Hansen is going for broke and he is trying to choke out Andre with everything he’s got but Andre stands up and throws Hansen over his body. Andre then picks up Hansen and wraps it around his throat and hoists him over his back for a hangman and Hansen is screaming with blood running down his eyes. He taps out and Andre is the winner of this bloody war. The fans give them a nice ovation as Hansen is helped to the back…

The Junkyard Dog, ThunderBolt Patterson, & Hacksaw Duggan

VS

King Kong Bundy, The One Man Gang, & The Masked Superstar w/ Jimmy Hart

-Much like the match before this, we have got a lot of heat and some nice stories intertwined in here. This one is a fun 13-minute contest with Masked Superstar doing a brunt of the work while Bundy and OMG do some major pounding. ThunderBolt is the face in peril tonight and we get to see Hacksaw and JYD throw some nice shots at all three men. This is Mid South’s first chance to see Hacksaw and Bundy for an extended length and the fans are solidly behind Duggan. Bundy is a powerful force but the OMG may be more powerful right now. The crowd erupts when JYD and OMG go at each other one on one! In the end we see Duggan and Masked Superstar battling, JYD and OMG, and then we see Jimmy Hart distract Thunderbolt in the corner and Bundy with the AVALANCHE! OH MY! He pulls ThunderBolt down for the 1….2…3!! The crowd isn’t happy about this as JYD and OMG continue to brawl and then Hacksaw brings in the 2x4. Bundy and Jimmy Hart run while the heels may have won the battle, the war could be far from over!

-As the cage is being set up, we hear Jim Ross get on the house microphone and put over tomorrow night’s card. He says that the North American Title will be on the line with Dibiase defending against Bruiser Brody. Tomorrow night the Television Championship will be on the line with Muraco defending against Wrestling II in a steel cage title vs mask match. Tomorrow night we will also see a Dog Collar Chain match between the Junkyard Dog and One Man Gang. There will be a special six-man bunkhouse match with Andre the Giant, Wahoo McDaniel, & Hacksaw Duggan taking on Stan Hansen & The Blackjacks. We will see an eight-man elimination match with the Rock N Roll Express & Fantastics taking on the Samoans & Midnight Express and then a tag team match with Jose Lothario & El Bracero taking on Rick Rude & Superstar Graham! The cage is set up and the crowd is ready for this one. We have seen these two teams do battle in the past but inside the cage, anything can happen. Jim Ross announces that this will be a Texas Tornado contest with the first team getting a pinfall or submission will be awarded the victory.

MAIN EVENT

CAGE MATCH

- A big time main event with these four men having a lot of history with one another. The Blackjacks are waiting in the cage as Brody and Wahoo step into the ring and for 14-minutes we have got a bloody mess of a brawl. We see Brody and Hansen work well together at the beginning and both of the Blackjacks get busted wide open from the get go. As the tide turns, the blood begins to flow from Wahoo and Brody and the ring is getting messy. A big moment occurs when Mulligan and Lanza double up on Wahoo and tie him in the ropes and then go to work on Brody. Just as soon as you think Brody is going to be out of it Wahoo is able to break free and nail a couple of huge chops on both of the Blackjacks and the crowd is going wild. We see Brody and Wahoo both grab the men and toss them into the steel and the fans at ringside are getting a little bit more than they bargained for! Wahoo then tosses Mulligan one more time and he nails the steel and is then caught between the cage and the ropes! Lanza runs for a clothesline but Wahoo ducks and picks him up for a huge POWERSLAM and then Brody with the running HIGH KNEE for the 1….2….3!! Brody and Wahoo have won it as they work the crowd and leave the cage. Wait just a minute! That’s Stan Hansen! Hansen runs out of the shadows and he hits Brody with a LARIAT! Brody goes down! Hansen tosses Wahoo back in the ring and he locks the cage door! The Blackjacks are recovering, as it is a 3 on 1 beatdown on Wahoo McDaniel! The Blackjacks and Hansen are softening him up for the Bunkhouse Match tomorrow night and he may not even be able to show up! The crowd is working into a frenzy as the fans get closer and closer to the ring but then we see Hacksaw Duggan run out and here comes Andre! Andre RIPS THE CAGE DOOR OFF! The Blackjacks and Hansen are trying to climb over the flimsy cage and get to safety but the fans aren’t letting that happen. We have got a very ruckus crowd and in the middle of the ring is Wahoo McDaniel laying a bloody mess!

Some great tag teams appear here in Mid South, and the main event is stacked, I think some great wrestlers will ultimately get lost in the shuffle.

With the talent you have now, I'd like to see you create your own identity and not reply on Freelancers and loans as much and move away from them.

I have to be honest, I struggle with this version of the Midnights and them being pushed very similar to Eaton/Condrey (which can't happen, I get) but two grizzly southerns don't really have the same feel as the dynamic Midnights I love. But that's my opinion.

But ultimately a good show and looking forward to you using all new talent...

I agree on all accounts. The days of the Freelancers running wild through Mid South are all but over and will be special attractions if used at all.

I know I push the Midnights in the way of Condrey and Eaton and I have to catch myself when I am writing. I know Rose and Condrey are more deliberate and I just picture them stepping up the pace a little bit with the Rock N Roll. I don't know about the long term future of the MXE in Mid South but they definitely have left a little mark on the tag division. We'll see how they fair tomorrow night.

I am interested to see who will get lost in the shuffle but I know in the new year, I am toying with some ideas of possibly a second show which would be a Wrestling Challenge type with just some highlights and promos. That would be a good way to keep these guys pushed and keep storylines fresh. I know that some people will get dropped into tag teams... for instance ThunderBolt Patterson has been one of my main dudes but at this point in his career and with the talent around him, he may end up being a JTTS tag team with SD Jones. A guy who gets wins on house shows to come back and maybe lose to an up and comer for sake of a "name win."

With the influx of some of these top guys, I want to keep them in the mix and when looking back, there were 8 matches on an hour of wrestling along with promos. I don't want to just disregard my television for squashes but rather put on some fun matches and really build up storylines and groups and like you said... tag teams is what Mid South is going to really be about in the turn of 84 and we will see who will combat for those tag team titles.

logo.jpg

DOUBLE TROUBLE

SATURDAY DECEMBER 17th

SAM HOUSTON COLISEUM, HOUSTON TEXAS

Magnum TA defeated Israel Matia via the BELLY-to-BELLY SUPLEX!

Krusher Kruschev defeated Steve Lombardi via the RUSSIAN SICKLE!

The Barbarian defeated Dennis Stamp via TOP ROPE SHOULDER BLOCK!

King Kong Bundy w/ Jimmy Hart defeated S.D. Jones via the AVALANCHE!

El Bracero & Jose Lothario vs Rick Rude & Superstar Graham

-A big rematch of sorts from last night. Jose Lothario is a big name in the area and the fans are solidly behind him. He and Bracero have a lot of history and it shows in their ability to tag in and out here. This is a fun tale of Graham and Rude doubling up whenever they get the chance on Bracero. They are beating him down and the crowd is waiting and waiting for the huge tag to Jose Lothario who comes in like a house of fire with some huge rights and lefts for everyone! Rude is reeling and Lothario with a big dropkick and he goes into the corner. Graham is reeling and Rude stumbles by him but here comes Lothario and Bracero for a pair of crescent kicks but Rude pulls Graham in the way and he gets ROCKED! Rude goes out of the ring while Bracero covers for the 1…2….3! Rude is almost up the aisle-way by the three count! The fans are booing him into the back while Bracero and Lothario work the crowd!

EIGHT-MAN ELIMINATION

The Fantastics & Rock N Roll Express vs The Midnight Express & The Wild Samoans

-This is more of a marathon and you’ve got four of the top teams in North American all fighting for the prize. Randy Rose has got some bandages on his nose right now and we see the Fantastics and RnR double up and before he knows it Rose’s nose is busted again and he falls to a huge roll up from Bobby Fulton for the 1…2….3!! We are able to get some more action as this one plays out with everyone getting involved and taking shots. The biggest moments happen with Ricky Morton taking on the Samoans and the sheer size difference is something to behold. All hell breaks loose before too long and we see the Samoans and Rock N Roll outside the ring brawling before we get a double count out and all four men are eliminated. It comes down to The Fantastics and Dennis Condrey. We get a fun little handicap match for 3 or 4 minutes but it is just too much as Condrey falls to a big double dropkick and then Rocket Launcher as Fulton covers for the 1…2…3!! It looks like the Fantastics are on top of the tag team mountain in Mid South and one has to wonder who is going to climb up and get a piece next!?!

ThunderBolt Patterson vs The Masked Superstar

-Not really a throw away match but not a ton of heat with this one. Masked Superstar is really coming into his own and ThunderBolt is riding a nice wave of momentum but it appears to be going on the downward slide. ThunderBolt still has taped up ribs from last night and King Kong Bundy and Superstar uses that to his advantage and the bearhug is all she wrote. ThunderBolt is having a hard time breathing and he has no choice but to give it up. Masked Superstar works the crowd and you have to know he has got title aspirations on his mind.

BUNKHOUSE MATCH

Wahoo McDaniel, Andre The Giant, & Hacksaw Duggan vs Stan Hansen, Blackjack Lanza, & Blackjack Mulligan

-This is definitely one of the reasons the fans showed up tonight as this big six-man is brewing from last night’s tag team cage match. We see the Blackjacks come out with chaps and jeans and they have got some heavy taped fists. Hansen much the same and he has got some kind of a branding iron with him. The crowd roars as Wahoo leads out Hacksaw and Andre. Andre has some swank white cowboy boots on and Duggan has the 2x4. The bell rings and for 9-minutes, we get a nasty brawl all over the ring and ringside area. Everyone is busted at some point other than Duggan who doesn’t have a fresh wound. We have two referees out here as this is pure chaos. At one point we see Hansen Lariat Duggan over the railing into the crowd and that’s there that fight goes. Wahoo and Mulligan lay into each other with some stiff chair shots outside the ring but Wahoo hits the final one putting him down. Andre then finishes things off when he nails Lanza over the head with the branding iron, bending it in half. Lanza falls to his knees and then Andre picks him up for a bearhug slam and the 1…2…3!! A chaotic brawl that spilled everywhere. Andre, Wahoo, and Duggan work the crowd.

-After the brawl that just occurred, Ted Dibiase and Bruiser Brody pick up where they left off in the beginning but turn the tide in this 30-minute championship match. From the outset Brody looks to brawl with Dibiase but the Champion changes the pace of the contest and dictates all of Brody’s movements. He tries to wear him down at the knees and does what he can to slow the big man down but Brody continues to find a way. Brody does hit some high momentum moves but when he goes for power moves his knee breaks down. Dibiase is reeling but he continues to go on the offense. At one point Brody goes for a big clothesline and he and Dibiase go out of the ring to the floor. The crowd is buzzing and both men are chopping one another into oblivion! Brody then with a big right hand and Dibiase goes down and he is a bloody mess. It looks like it was a hard-way and now Brody is looking to finish. He is limping around but he has just enough to get Dibiase in the ring. The champion is now digging in his tights and he pulls something out… he shoves it in that glove and he gets to his feet to throw a big right hand but Brody ducks and picks him up for a powerslam! Brody then goes for the running knee to finish but Dibiase moves and Brody nails his bad knee on the mat and he’s hurt! Dibiase gets out of the ring and it has to be the momentum of Brody as he gets out and Dibiase with that huge right hand and that loaded glove and Brody goes down! The referee is counting and he gets to 8…9… Dibiase is in the ring as he counts to 10! Dibiase has won the match via count out and Brody is starting to get up with a stream of blood coming down his skull. He looks at Dibiase who grabs his title and goes to the back… Brody is on the chase, bad knee and all this one is far from over!

DOG-COLLAR MATCH

-What the last match had in great technical wrestling, this match lacks for all intensive purposes. It is an odd pairing as the collar doesn’t fit very well on the Gang’s neck and he takes it off during the match, which just leads it to being a chain match. Gang is able to get some good offense to start and he wears down the dog pretty well but it is as formulaic as they come. The Dog finds a way to fight back and he handles the big guy. We even get to see a bodyslam, which pops the crowd. There are some instances of violence, namely the Gang trying to hang JYD with the chain over the top rope but that is quick to turn and we see the finishing touches with the JYD hitting the THUMP and getting the pin for the 1….2….3! Nothing too special but JYD with the victory and the Gang gets out of town alive.

-Jim Ross jumps on the house microphone again to put over Starrcade next week. He says fans in Houston will be able to see the show at two different theaters. He puts over the card and talks about the Tag Team Championship Match and says that the Fantastics will be taking on the Russian team of Krusher Kruschev and Boris Zhukov. He then puts over the North American Championship Match. He says that it will be officially Ted Dibiase defending against the Junkyard Dog. The crowd then stirs… waits a moment… who is this…

Tully%20Blanchard_zpsogj2bnds.jpg

Jim Ross: Wait just a moment… Tully Blanchard…

Tully Blanchard: Listen to me Ross… listen to me right now. I am sick and tired of turning on the television and seeing all of these “wrestlers” coming out here and saying they are something special. I am sick and tired of all these overweight goofballs saying they hold a title. Well look at this…

{He pulls a championship belt…}

Tully Blanchard: This right here is a championship. I fought all over Texas for this title and I am going to remain the champion and I am putting…

Jim Ross: But that company doesn’t exist anymore Blanchard… that title is meaningless…

Tully Blanchard: You look at me Ross… let me tell you something right now… this title is the signification that I am the man when it comes to professional wrestling.

Jim Ross: That title isn’t even sanctioned… it is nothing more than a belt…

Tully Blanchard: Don’t you start with me Ross or you’ll end up like the rest of em! I am putting you and everyone else in Mid South on notice… this title may not hold any clout in the NWA or Mid South… but to me… it shows that I was robbed! I was robbed of my chance. So I am out here to say that I am keeping a close eye on the gold around Mid South. I am keeping a close eye on the gold in the NWA. If you are a champion… consider yourself warned… Tully Blanchard is here and you better damn well know I am coming for all the gold… and I am not alone!

-Ross is shocked by this as Tully is getting a chorus of boos from the crowd here. Ross puts it over and then does the announcement for our main event.

CAGE MATCH

TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

TITLE VS MASK

Mr. Wrestling II vs Don Muraco © w/ Paul Jones

-This one started two months ago right here in Houston for the television title and it comes to head right here. Title vs mask. Winner takes all inside the steel. This one starts off hot and we have got some great action with Muraco and Wrestling II really knowing one another so well. Jones is almost a non-factor outside the cage but he’s still there to rile up the fans whenever he gets a chance. These guys go about 17-minutes to cap off two fantastic nights of wrestling action. In this one we see Wrestling II send Muraco from steel to steel and get the blood flowing something fierce. We then see Muraco turn the tide and he all but rips the mask right from Wrestling II’s face. Now II is a bloody mess. Both men are wearing one another out and we see Muraco trying to escape from Wrestling II who is building some big time momentum… Muraco climbs up the flimsy cage but here comes Wrestling II to turn him around and SUPERPLEX! Both men go down and appear to be out. Jones is screaming at the referee and then we see Wrestling II pull himself up and Muraco does on the other end and here comes Wrestling II with a huge running high knee and the cover for the 1….2….3!! WE HAVE A NEW TELEVISION CHAMPION! Wrestling II works the crowd and the fans are going nuts. Here comes Magnum TA out to celebrate with him. Muraco leaves a bloody mess, as Paul Jones doesn’t appear to be happy! Wrestling II holds the title high in the air…

logo.jpg

Mid South Wrestling is coming to you from the Fox 8 studio in New Orleans, Louisiana on Fox and its affiliates Fox 8 out of New Orleans, KLRT 16 out of Little Rock, WXXV 25 out of Jackson, KOKH 25 out of Oklahoma City, and KRIV 26 out of Houston.

-Mid South Wrestling opens this week with Jim Ross standing by in the studio but he isn’t alone…

JimRoss5_zps0e258d98.jpg

Jim Ross – Welcome everyone to Mid South Wrestling. We will be taking a break from our normal broadcasts for the next two weeks as the Mid South wrestlers spend time with their families during the holiday season. We have got a lot of announcements and things to go through here tonight but the first thing I want to do is introduce my partner for the next two weeks, ladies and gentlemen, Vince McMahon.

Vince%20McMahon_zpszwue2xri.jpg

Vince McMahon: Thank you Jim. It is certainly a pleasure to be here with Mid South Wrestling. I am thrilled to be part of the process here and someone who is going to be part of big changes with Mid South in 1984.

Jim: Well Vince, I think the first thing for us to do is to start off with the big announcement… Mid South Wrestling is coming to TEXAS! That’s right fans, we have got a new schedule for Mid South Wrestling and that schedule will see Mid South travel to towns like Dallas, Fort Worth, Beaumont, San Antonio, and Houston.

Vince: That’s right Jim, Mid South will be adding the Sportatorium in Dallas, Texas to its cycle of television tapings and we know the fans in Dallas will love seeing the stars of Mid South.

Jim: Names like Ted Dibiase, the Junkyard Dog, Mr. Wrestling II, The Fantastics, and the newest signee, Tully Blanchard will definitely excite crowds all over Texas. Another big addition is the bi-weekly cycle of the Sam Houston Coliseum in Houston and the Hemisfair Arena in San Antonio every other Friday nights. Needless to say, we are coming in guns a blazing.

Vince: It is going to be an awesome event to watch unfold. I got to watch some of the action in Houston this past week… some of the best wrestlers in the world are right here in Mid South.

Jim: Well let’s take a look at some highlights from those matches… fans when we come back, we will have another huge announcement!

-We cut to highlights of the action from Houston on Friday night. We see El Bracero taking on Rick Rude, Rock & Roll Express vs Midnight Express, and Mr. Wrestling II w/ Magnum TA vs Krusher Kruschev w/ Don Muraco & Paul Jones.

*COMMERCIAL FOR STARRCADE*

-MSW returns with more highlights from Houston and clippings from The Fantastics vs The Wild Samoans and the Bullrope match between Andre the Giant & Stan Hansen.

Jim: Fans welcome back… Vince, our next announcement is a big one and it has to do with our broadcasting of Mid South Wrestling.

Vince: Well Jim, as most of our fans know, Mid South Wrestling is on tour throughout the week with the Mid South wrestlers going all over the Mid South territory for all the fans. Well we want to bring some of that action to you fans.

Jim: Fans starting Sunday January 8th… coming to you fans on all of our Fox affiliates… Mid South will present the Power Pro Wrestling!

hqdefault.jpg

-We see a fun promo showcasing the new broadcast. It is an hour long broadcast with highlights from the weekend’s house shows and promos from all the top stars of Mid South Wrestling.

Jim: I know you are excited to be hosting that show Vince… it is going to be quite the action packed hour.

Vince: You’ve got that right Jim Ross. I cannot wait to call some of the top action from around the country. I know we will have some great lineups for Power Pro.

Jim: Well one of the big things we will be showcasing will be action from Houston and San Antonio on Friday nights. Some of the top action like these matches!

-We see highlights from the big six-man tag with the JYD, ThunderBolt Patterson and Hacksaw Duggan taking on King Kong Bundy, One Man Gang, and Masked Superstar.

-We return from commercial with highlights from the big cage match featuring Bruiser Brody and Wahoo McDaniel taking on the Blackjacks.

Jim: Some big matches there Vince… perhaps the highlight of 1983 for Mid South Wrestling.

Vince: What a year it has been for Mid South. The growth of not only the roster but the talent has been great and you and I both know that 1984 is going to be special.

Jim: Fans let’s take a look back at the year 1983 for Mid South Wrestling and some of the award winners!

1983 Review

Without a shadow of a doubt, Mid South Wrestling has become a force in the world of professional wrestling. Off to a slow start in July, things changed in June and Bill Watts found a new way to showcase his product and produced one of the most compelling television programs along with some of the most exciting matches in professional wrestling. Bill Watts himself went on to proclaim that 1984 was going to be a very important year for Mid South and would determine just how big Mid South could become. Watts stated that the major keys to Mid South’s success were the Junkyard Dog and Ted Dibiase. These two men carried the brunt of the load for Mid South Wrestling but he also put over just how important people like Wrestling II, The Fantastics, The Samoans, and Don Muraco were to the growth of Mid South Wrestling. He said that bringing in individuals the likes of Bruiser Brody, Stan Hansen, and Andre the Giant provided some dream matches for the fans and he looks to continue that into 1984 but also spend time building up some of the big stars. Mid South highlighted some awards for 1983… let’s take a look at who won those awards.

WRESTLER OF THE YEAR - TED DIBIASE

-Much to the dismay of the fans, Ted Dibiase was awarded the Mid South Wrestler of the year. In 1983 he won the North American Heavyweight Championship on two different occasions and is the reigning champion going into 1984. Dibiase has been able to fight off tough challengers like the Junkyard Dog, Mr. Wrestling II, Bruiser Brody, & ThunderBolt Patterson. Dibiase also put together a group of men called the Untouchables to help him control the North American Championship. Dibiase has stated that he is untouchable as the champion and he pays these guys to make sure of it!

TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR – THE WILD SAMOANS

-Without a doubt, the Wild Samoans were the most dominant team in 1983. They won the tag team titles on three different occasions. When they did lose the titles, they were quick to regain them and show all challengers that they were two of the most dangerous men in wrestling. Many thought that the Samoans would take a hit when their manager the Grand Wizard pasted away in October but they have proven to be more unpredictable without him. In December, they lose the titles to the Fantastics in a hard fought and bloody brawl. Some would say it was a fluke win, but the Samoans are out to prove that they are the rightful champions and will do whatever it takes to get the gold back to where it belongs!

MOST LOVED – THE JUNKYARD DOG

-The JYD returned to Mid South Wrestling with so much fanfare and love but his return hasn’t been as successful as he’d like. The JYD did win the North American Championship in September but thanks to Ted Dibiase and the One Man Gang, JYD lost the gold and has been embroiled in one of the most intense feuds in the history of Mid South Wrestling. The JYD did triumph over the Gang but one has to wonder what the likes of Ted Dibiase will do to keep the JYD away from the North American Championship!

MOST HATED – TED DIBIASE

-It has been documented about just how diabolical that Ted Dibiase has been in 1983, to his primary target, the Junkyard Dog. The JYD wasn’t it though; Ted Dibiase has orchestrated attacks on Wahoo McDaniel, Andre the Giant, and Mr. Wrestling II. Dibiase has shown he will go to any lengths and spend as much money as possible to remain Untouchable and 1984 is going to be a trying year for Dibiase and what his overall plans are for Mid South Wrestling.

MID-SOUTH MEMORIAL AWARD – THE GRAND WIZARD

-Mid South Wrestling was saddened by the death of the Grand Wizard in October of 1983. Bill Watts said it best that the Wizard was hated by most but respected by all for what he could do as a manager in wrestling. He at one point managed the Mid South tag team champions and died shortly before Don Muraco would win the Television Title in his memory. The Wizard’s influence was felt all over the world and Mid South remembers him for all he did to entertain the fans and make the show just that much better.

ONE(S) TO WATCH IN 1984 – THE FANTASTICS

-In December of 1984, the Fantastics defeated the Wild Samoans to become the Mid South Tag Team Champions. The fans erupted with tears of joy and excitement with Bobby and Tommy walked out with the gold in front of a sold out Sam Houston Coliseum. Fulton and Rogers have got all the tools to be one of the best tag teams in the world in 1984 and have already stated they are welcoming any and all comers.

Jim: Fans for as good as 1983 was, Vince I think 1984 has got some real promise from the get go.

Vince: That’s right Jim. You and I have both been beside Bill Watts as he’s gone out and signed some of the biggest names in wrestling. Some of these faces will be known in Mid South while some may be new.

Jim: But I think we can both agree that they will make an impact. Fans let’s take a look at the 1984 Outlook!

1984 Outlook

-Mid South Wrestling is going through a period of change and it is due to this change that the scope of professional wrestling could change in the coming months. Bill Watts and Mid South Wrestling have gone out to find the best talent throughout the world and put together one of the most impressive rosters in the history of the sport. With talents like the Junkyard Dog, Ted Dibiase, Wahoo McDaniel, Wrestling II, The Fantastics, and the Samoans, Mid South already bolsters one the premiere groups of talent but with these additions, it is safe to say that the future of Mid South Wrestling is bright and will change what professional wrestling is all about!

Tully Blanchard

-Perhaps one of the most controversial wrestlers in the world today. Tully Blanchard is one of the most accomplished wrestlers in North America. He has made San Antonio his home base for most of 1983 but looks to make a splash in a big way in Mid South. Blanchard has already gone on record saying that he has his eyes on gold and will stop at nothing to get what he feels is rightfully his.

Jim Duggan

-Making his return to the Mid South area is Hacksaw Jim Duggan. Duggan is a former Louisiana Champion in Mid South and looks to return to that prominence quickly upon his arrival. Duggan has spent most of 1983 in San Antonio and traveling throughout North America. Duggan has some old friends in Mid South and some old enemies. Will he find a way to rejoin forces with the Junkyard Dog or will we see Duggan rejoin his former tag team partner Ted Dibiase and become “Untouchable?”

Magnum TA

-Magnum TA is a relative newcomer to Mid South. He has spent most of 1983 up in the Portland / Vancouver area. Magnum is no stranger to some of the talent in Mid South and has some bad blood spewing over from his days in Florida. Magnum is said to be ripe with potential and someone who could really make an impact in 1984 with Mid South Wrestling.

Krusher Kruschev

-The Russian sympathizer Krusher Kruschev returns to Mid South wrestling with some issues boiling over from his days in Mid Atlantic. Kruschev is said to be re-thinking his recent behavior and siding with Russia but one has to wonder what this devilish mind had brewing.

King Kong Bundy

-King Kong Bundy is one of the biggest names in all of the sport due to his menacing presence and general bad attitude. Bundy has gone on record in saying that he expects a three count every time he covers someone but demands a five count to prove that he is just that much better than everyone else. Bundy is the master of the Avalanche and has got a long list of individuals with whom he has left with broken ribs. Bundy has gone on record as saying that he is going to unleash the Avalanche on Mid South Wrestling and no one will be safe!

Jim: Fans thank you for joining us tonight. All night you have been seeing promotional ads for Starrcade coming up this week on Christmas night from Greensboro. It is a joint production between Mid South Wrestling and Jim Crockett Promotions along with other members of the National Wrestling Alliance. The Main Event will see Ric Flair taking on Harley Race with the NWA World Championship on the line.

Vince: It is going to be the event to end 1983 and kick start 1984. From Mid South we will see Ted Dibiase taking on The Junkyard Dog defending the North Ameircan Championship. We will see the new tag team champions the Fantastics taking on the Russians.

Jim: How about the big Mask vs Hair match with Scott Casey taking the television champion Mr. Wrestling II. The title will not be on the line, but his mask will.

Vince: How about the huge $100,000 battle royal. Names like Andre the Giant, Bruiser Brody, Stan Hansen, Wahoo McDaniel and so many others.

Jim: Fans it will be the event of the decade…thank you for joining us tonight and we will see you on Christmas night from Greensboro for Starrcade!

STARRCADE1983_1.jpg

Be interesting to see Mid South run Dallas, a bold move to run the Sportatorium for TV tapings, especially with no Von Erichs in this time period. Hope it doesn't go the same way as when Blanchard ran Dallas in real life.

Good bit of expansion, but if done in "real life" I'd be concerned it was too big all at once especially in Dallas with none of their stars, when I say stars I mean Von Erichs.

Be interesting to see Mid South run Dallas, a bold move to run the Sportatorium for TV tapings, especially with no Von Erichs in this time period. Hope it doesn't go the same way as when Blanchard ran Dallas in real life.

Good bit of expansion, but if done in "real life" I'd be concerned it was too big all at once especially in Dallas with none of their stars, when I say stars I mean Von Erichs.

The working relationship of having the Von erichs once in a while will prove to be just enough for the foot in the door.

The working relationship of having the Von erichs once in a while will prove to be just enough for the foot in the door.

That will be massive, it's no secret that the Von Erichs were the driving force behind Texas wrestling in the 1980s.

I completely agree, and the way that they are brought in and utilized during that one time a month show in Dallas is going to be able to carry the promotion staying there long term due to the love that they give and the other people that surround them. It's hard for me to say that I wouldn't be successful with guys like Tully Blanchard Gino Hernandez King Kong Bundy who are all known in this area on top of the Jyd and Ted DiBiase who have traveled around the country at this point and then good names. Not to mention a freelancer like bruiser Brody can also come in and give it a pop. I think the pieces are in place it's just about how they are played which will show whether or not I can make this a successful move in the fantasy world of Wrestling that we have put together.

Love the format. In fact that was my plan for my first show in 1984 but you beat me to the punch. I for one love the idea of the Mid South in Texas. I think if we did this game without Texas it would be a shame. It was such a big part of 80's wrestling. I also think with the roster you have, it would work anywhere south of the Mason Dixon line.

Great show!

logo.jpg

Mid South Wrestling is coming to you from the Fox 8 studio in New Orleans, Louisiana on Fox and its affiliates Fox 8 out of New Orleans, KLRT 16 out of Little Rock, WXXV 25 out of Jackson, KOKH 25 out of Oklahoma City, KRIV 26 out of Houston, KDFW 4 out of Dallas – Fort Worth, and KABB out of San Antonio.

-Mid South Wrestling opens this week with Jim Ross & Vince McMahon standing by in the studio but he isn’t alone…

JimRoss5_zps0e258d98.jpgVince%20McMahon_zpszwue2xri.jpg

Jim Ross – Welcome everyone to Mid South Wrestling. We want to wish everyone happy holidays and well wishes going into the new year. I am joined tonight by Vince McMahon, Vince, we are just days removed from what was the turning point in this sport, Starrcade was indeed a night to remember.

Vince McMahon: That’s right Jim. We saw some fantastic wrestling action. Some big title matches but none bigger than the World Heavyweight Championship contest between Ric Flair and Harley Race.

Jim: Fans we have highlights from those matches here tonight for you. It is safe to say that the sport has changed and from here forward, things will only get bigger and better in the NWA.

Vince: I think that is true Jim, I know I am looking forward to some of the things we have coming up for Mid South.

Jim: Fans Mid South Wrestling will be back on the road starting January the 4th from New Orleans in the Lakefront Arena. We hope you fans will join us there for what will be an exciting beginning to 1984. In action, we will have the Junkyard Dog, King Kong Bundy, The Masked Superstar, and the brand new Mid South Tag Team Champions the Fantastics. Vince, they won the titles from the Samoans, they defended the titles at Starrcade, it is safe to say that Bobby Fulton and Tommy Rogers are a hot commodity in wrestling right now.

Vince: I agree Jim. These two youngster have got all the talent and now they have the titles to go along with them.

Jim Ross: Let’s see how they did at Starrcade this past week!

*ALL MATCHES ARE CLIPPED*

MID SOUTH TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Krusher Kruschev & Boris Zhukov vs The Fantastics ©

­-A hot opener as the Greensboro crowd is knowledge about these four guys and with the titles on the line, Ross and Caudle put this through the roof. Fulton and Rogers play off the strength of the Krusher and Boris so well. Ross and Caudle put over how Kruschev has held the Mid Atlantic titles in the past and he knows what he needs to do in order to get the titles back. He and Boris don’t quite mesh and their arguing leads to a disagreement and before you know it, we see Fulton and Rogers taking advantage with a huge double arm drag on Krusher and then a big double dropkick sending him out of the ring to the floor! Boris comes with some double axe handle smashes but we see Fulton and Rogers with some big rights and then a double body slam! Fulton goes up for the ROCKET LAUNCHER and the 1…2….3!! Ross and Caudle put this over in a big way as The Fantastics work the crowd.

Winners and still Mid South Tag Team Champions - The Fantastics

*COMMERCIAL*

MASK VS HAIR

Wrestling II vs Scott Casey

-A nice clash of styles here tonight. Ross and Caudle continue to put over the individual achievements of both men. They talk about Casey’s time in Southwest and Wrestling II’s career in Mid South. They talk about Starrcade being a summit of all the top stars and this being one of those moments. We get around 11-minutes of stiff action with both of these guys throwing some big punches. We see them go out of the ring to brawl a little bit and you can tell neither man is willing to give up their hair or mask. We get back in the ring as both men are wearing down and we see Casey looking to finish. He has worked over the neck and the back and he is going for the piledriver and he nails it for the 1….2….and Wrestling II gets his foot on the rope! Casey can’t believe it… wait a moment… here comes Rick McGraw. Caudle and Ross wonder what he’s doing out there! He is cheering on Casey… wait a minute… as the referee’s back is turned, Rick McGraw with a stiff shot and Wrestling II is reeling. Wait a minute! The crowd pops as Magnum TA runs down to the ring and he nails McGraw! Magnum throws him into the ring post and now Casey is yelling at him. This gives Wrestling II a chance to get up and then he nails Casey with a running high knee and Casey hits the turnbuckle! Wrestling II backs up and waits for Casey and then hits a BELLY-TO-BELLY SUPLEX! 1….2….3!! WRESTLING II HAS WON IT! The crowd pops as Magnum gets in the ring and he’s got the hair equipment. Magnum is holding down Casey and Wrestling II is cutting away! He is throwing the hair as Casey is coming too! Rick McGraw pulls Casey out of the ring and the worst part is that all of his hair wasn’t cut! Ross and Caudle put this through the roof as Wrestling II and Magnum shake hands and go up the aisle…

Winner - Mr. Wrestling II

-Jim Ross and Vince McMahon continue to put over Mid South’s involvement in the Starrcade event this past week. They put over Wrestling II and his television championship. They talk about Scott Casey looking for a measure of revenge somewhere somehow. They talk about Don Muraco looking for a rematch against Wrestling II and he should be getting one around the Mid South territory when Mid South goes back on tour. Vince and Jim then put over the big $100,000 battle royal. They talk about all the top stars from around the world who participated. We then see the action…

STARRCADE CUP

$100,000 BATTLE ROYAL

Andre The Giant, Bruiser Brody, Stan Hansen, Abdullah the Butcher, Masked Superstar, Don Muraco, Jack Lanza, Wahoo McDaniel, ThunderBolt Patterson, Kamala, Mad Dog Vachon, Butcher Vachon, Pedro Morales, Matt Borne, Lanny Poffo, Blackjack Mulligan, Bad News Allen, Sargent Slaughter, Rocky Johnson, & Bob Backlund

­-Perhaps the most star studded battle royal of all times. Ross and Caudle put over the Starrcade Cup in a huge way and discuss the big $100,000 prize. Early one we see some allegiances and some big time power. One of the premiere guys right off the bat is Rocky Johnson who goes on a little tear throwing out Patterson and Borne early. We see the Sarge and Backlund throwing some huge bombs. Brody and Hansen finally get their hands on one another. Kamala is a wild man and tosses out Leapin Lanny Poffo as the ring is starting to clear up. Don Muraco seems to be a man alone out there as he is able to eliminate Morales but then falls to Bob Backlund who tosses him over the top to the floor! Next out is Bad News Allen who get a nasty headbutt from Andre! The Vachons are working together as are the Blackjacks. Masked Superstar makes a good run but Rocky Johnson tosses him out. On the other side of the ring Bruiser Brody with a double clothesline and the Vachons are out of the ring to the floor! Ross and Caudle can hardly follow along with the action. We see Stan Hansen come over and he tosses out Slaughter and Backlund who are tied up with one another. Abdullah and Kamala are now fighting with one another but then they team up on Andre! Andre is able to fight both men off and then he looks over as the Blackjack attempt to eliminate Johnson but Andre comes from behind as Johnson ducks and the Blackjacks go over the top to the floor. Brody eliminates Masked Superstar. We are down to Andre, Brody, Hansen, Abdullah, Kamala, and Rocky Johnson. It turns into a 6-man tag for all intensive purposes. Hansen and Brody, Abdullah and Andre, and Johnson and Kamala. Brody and Hansen get locked up but on the other side of the ring we see Abdullah and Kamal get Andre locked in the ropes and then they double up and eliminate Rocky Johnson! They walk over and eliminate both Brody and Hansen! We are down to three as Kamala and Abdullah are hammering on Andre as he gets up and out of the ropes. Abdullah runs but Andre nails him with a back elbow and then he tosses him out of the ring to the floor! It is Kamala and Andre. They are throwing some bombs as Kamala goes for a couple of huge chops but it is Andre who nails him with a huge headbutt! Kamala backs up and then Andre with a clothesline and Kamala goes over the top to the floor! The crowd pops as Andre gets the trophy and inside the $100,000! He holds up the trophy and money… Ross and Caudle put it through the roof!

Winner of the Starrcade Cup & $100,000 - Andre the Giant

*COMMERCIAL*

MID SOUTH NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP

Junkyard Dog vs Ted Dibiase ©

-Jim Ross puts this one through the roof as both men stand across the ring from one another. Dibiase holds up the title belt and Junkyard Dog howls and the crowd pops. Here we go for a solid 11-minutes. JYD tosses Dibiase all over the ring while Dibiase slows down the pace and he works over the neck of JYD. We see him go for everything including a brainbuster and JYD is hurting. The crowd is stirring as the Dog begins to make his comeback and Dibiase can’t believe it. He nails him with rights and lefts but the dog is shaking it off. He is ready and now the Dog is dishing out some big time shots. He hammers away at Dibiase and sends him to the ropes for a huge back body drop! JYD is looking to finish and he picks up Dibiase for a THUMP! JYD takes a moment to wipe the sweat from his eyes as Dibiase rolls out of the ring. JYD follows and he knows he has to pin him inside the ring for the title to change hands. JYD goes to grab him but Dibiase grabs the belt, he swings wildly at JYD who ducks and then an atomic drop into the ring post. The belt goes flying into the ring as JYD tosses in Dibiase and he is ready to put him away. He goes to grab Dibiase who hits him with a LOW BLOW! PeeWee Anderson doesn’t’ call for the bell… he doesn’t want to end it this way… but then Dibiase grabs that North American Title and he CRACKS JYD right between the eyes and he goes down and PeeWee has no choice but to call for the bell! The fans are booing up a storm. We see some debris in the ring as Dibiase holds up the title. JYD isn’t done yet though as he gets up and looks at him. We see a sprinkle of blood from his forehead and Jim Ross says this one is far from over! Dibiase may have won the battle, but the war for Mid South’s North American Championship is just heating up!

Winner - The Junkyard Dog

-Jim Ross and Vince McMahon return giving a nice summation of the contest between the JYD and Dibiase. They talk about a final showdown between these two and at some point it is going to have to happen. They talk about a war to end it all between these two and wonder when and how it will go down. They turn their attention to the NWA and put over the World Heavyweight Championship contest. They talk about Flair and Race and how both men are leaders amongst their peers and should be considered the two top wrestlers in the world right now. They cut to the match and we see the highlights and the big finish. As the match concludes we cut back to Ross and McMahon putting over the night’s action and talk about Mid South Wrestling coming back on air in January from New Orleans.

MAIN EVENT

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Ric Flair vs Harley Race ©

-The bell rings and they meet in the middle of the ring....Race clearly has words for Flair who is shaking his head and starts to strut, Race spins him around and they lock up. The match goes back and forth for 45 minutes with neither man ever having a distinct advantage for an extended period of time, Flair attempts the figure four leglock but Race kicks him off causing Flair to go crashing head first into the ringpost splitting his head open. Race works him over with repeated right hands to the head opening Flair's cut up even more. Race hooks Flair in a fisherman's suplex and Flair barely kicks out at 2! Race gives Flair a piledriver....then climbs to the top rope to deliver a headbutt but Flair manages to move out of the way and both me are now struggling to get to their feet...Flair gets to his feet first and climbs to the top rope....but Race catches him and tosses him off the top rope out to the middle of the ring.....Race lowers his knee pad and runs across to drop a knee on Flair's bleeding forehead but Flair moves and Race drives his own exposed knee right into the mat, Flair locks in the figure four leglock.....Race is in the middle of the ring....he can't reach the ropes after some struggling, Race has no choice but to submit...

Winner and new World Heavyweight Champion: "Nature Boy" Ric Flair