Pro Wrestling Only

Proposal - Jobber Section

Boon

So me and Low Blow were talking about roster size etc and I suggested maybe in the new year we look at reducing our roster size to 32 and putting in an 6-8 person slot for Jobbers. This way we wouldn't have to use up valuable roster spots on talent that are just going to lose week in week out?

If we just Southeastern as an example, I'd remove the following 4 to be jobbers

Tony Falk

Josh Stroud

Bill Howard

Gene Ligon

And then add 2-4 guys as "enhancement talent". So guys may have 8 jobbers on their roster and end up freeing up 8 spots to pick up new talent? Clearly this wouldn't work if people don't have Jobbers...

I am on board with keeping the roster cap to 34 - but using 2 of those slots as almost "pack slots" to put jobber groups together. These would simply be 4 or 6 jobbers who will come in and do the job and then move on. I would keep them either weekly or monthly.

Then for other roster spots, I could have my long term job guys and my gateway guys along with my regular roster.

I think this can just be an option for some if they choose to use it.

I am sorry but I am confused. Are you saying that we would have jobber groups kind of like we have free lancers? A group would come to me for say a week and then move on to someone else and they would not count against your roster cap?

And the cap would go from 36 to 34?

I am fine with anything, just trying to understand it better.

• 4 weeks later...

Let's revisit this... so my proposal would be for our 35th and 36th spots to be "jobber pack" spots in which we would get three jobbers a piece for each of those sections. These Jobbers would be hired to come in for tv or live shows just for their purpose... to job. This way they don't take up too much space on the roster and you can designate two spots for 6 full time jobbers and if you have some guys who may be on the cusp of coming up, they can be in one of the other 1-34 spots.

Long story short...

Keep the cap at 36 for roster spots.

Use the 35th and 36th spots for 3 man jobber packs as just talent who will be losing week in and week out.

We can keep this going as we continue to do our +1 roster spots every couple of months.

I know my list would be interchangeable month to month... so if this passes... I am going to go ahead and pick up 4 more jobbers to go with Israel and Castro for my cycles. I don't think it needs to be complex enough to draft.

Will let everyone pipe in with their opinion. And then pick up...

I do think that although these are protected from others picking up and using as jobbers, if someone is wanting to use a jobber on there roster then they should be allowed to pick them up.

Example

Mid South has Tom Zenk in Jobber Section

AWA wants to give him a Roster spot he can take him?

It would need to be arranged with the companies for something like that. I mean, if I have a guy as a jobber or on my list he's under contract to me. If someone wants him, then they contact me to get him type deal.

Playing devils avdocate, if they were a jobber would it matter? Or maybe a weeks notice period?