Pro Wrestling Only

Christy Hemme = Gone

Guest Big Papi

Guest Big Papi

WWE releases Christy Hemme

December 5, 2005

WWE and Diva Christy Hemme have come to terms on her release. WWE.com will have more details as they become available.

Guest savagerulz

Sure it's not a drastic loss for them but how often do WWE come across a diva who actually wants to learn to wrestle? Plus unlike the likes of Torrie and Stacy she did seem really happy to be part of the WWE and actually had some energy when she was on TV.

Half these Divas come out on TV and have a look like "I can't believe I'm out in front of all these rednecks." I'm not saying she was one of the best Divas we've ever had...but at least she was willing to learn to wrestle, and as long as we have the crummy women's division, we might as well have a few of them that know some moves.

Guest Crucifixio Jones

It was a bad move from the start, I know most will say, but Christy did actually grow on me as time went on. I never agreed with the whole Diva Search and hiring more useless women on as eye candy in the first place but Hemme knew her place and played it to perfection. She was always and perpetually energetic and peppy to the point of coming off as hyperactive and she had an unmistakable 1000 watt smile. I'm sorry she lost her job and hopefully she can parlay her exposure on WWE TV into more opportunities to take her clothes off for cash for someone else down the line. Hizzoe.

Guest SweetMama Scaat

They better have a good reason. Hemme was a team player, well liked back stage and actually cared about what she was doing. She actually paid attention and improved tremndously over the past year. Her performance on the Eddie Gurrero RAW tribute in the diva battle royal was surprisingly entertaining. She was the embodiment (no pun intended) of a babyface in her matchs with Melina. The last one of which was pretty good (by "north american womens wrestling standards" or whatever) She had become compitent in the ring was always willing to take her clothes off. That girl was the consumate WWE Diva.

The last I heard they were going to send her down to OVW for a major angle, maybe that had something to do with it.

Guest savagerulz

I read somewhere she didn't want to take a paycut from the 250K she made for her first year.

I'd guess that newcomers Melina, Maria, Mickie James & Candice Michelle combined make roughly the same amount she does and all have active storylines. When you can hire between 3 and 5 people for the price of one, it would be foolish to keep the one especially when at least one of the replacements is able to make you more money in the future. Ashley will get the boot around this same time next year if not sooner for the very same reason that now both Christy & Puder ended up getting the ax.

Guest SweetMama Scaat

"Dont belive everything you read"- Old Internet proverb

Hemme already signed a contract extension, for less money and for like 3 years.

Guest EastCoastJ

John Laurenitis lowballed her on her renewal at the amount that lower women like Candice Michelle and Maria were making. Hemme thought that because she had been in Playboy and was voluntarily going down to Louisville to improve as a wrestler, she was worth more to the company than what they were offering so she walked, partially due to being worn out by all of the travel. That's all from Alvarez, I didn't hear that she signed a three year renewal in the past though so who knows.