Pro Wrestling Only

[2016-01-03-AJPW] Yoshiaki Fujiwara vs Atsushi Aoki

GOTNW

This was wrestled under "HARD HIT Graplling Rules". I enjoyed the opening, I think it established well that Aoki coud be a threat to Fujiwara despite him not matching him in matwork skill due to his advantage in speed and just generally not being 66 years old. Then Fujiwara starts trolling Aoki and the match completely disintegrates (in the sense of them following the rules) and they just start headbutting the shit out of each other. Then they decide that wasn't ridiculous enough and start shoot headbutting the ringpost and just doing whatever the hell comes to their minds. Once they've filled enough time with bizarre stuff to ensure Fujiwara wouldn't get blown up they go back to doing neat matwork and the match with a really well set up submission. Not something that I'd recommend to someone not familiar with either for them but it's great fanservice if you're a fan already.

He is still doing it, 2016 and Fujiwara is still doing his thing. He looks 60 when he was 30, so he is sort of a weirdo wrestling Pharell Williams where you can never really tell his age. With worse video quality this match could have been from the 80s or 90s. This match started out with grappling and that part was truly world class, with Fujiwara still looking like a master, lots of nifty counters and moments of sharp unexpected violence. I especially loved Fujiwara offering a handshake to this young kid which he then turns into a Fujiwara armbar, classic smirking dick Fujiwara. They then go into sort of a time killing section where Fujiwara and Aoki headbutt ringposts, and then back into another cool grappling part with Fujiwara finding a way to get the submission. If we had excised the headbutt section I might have had this as an EPIC which is nuts because Fujiwara is in his MID SIXTIES!! (or maybe he is a vampire who got bit when he was 52 and will be 52 forever)

• GSR changed the title to [2016-01-03-AJPW] Yoshiaki Fujiwara vs Atsushi Aoki