Pro Wrestling Only

Impact Special thoughts

Guest savagerulz

Guest Famous Mortimer

Has Jarrett, even when he's had less power than he apparently has now, made himself look bad or jobbed himself out for the good of the company? Nah. Dixie needs to buy him out then just abandon him quietly.

And then she can pop round mine for a good bit of sex. Oh yes.

Guest savagerulz

So I hear they're bringing in Sting, right? This will only delay the growth of the rest of the roster.

I can't help feel good for TNA whenever a Nash or a DDP stops working for them because 1. They suck and 2. TNA doesn't have a chance to get out from the WWF's shadow and get some light of it's own until they crank out their own stars that don't have the smell of the WWF (a combination of rotting turtle, Cheese Whiz and semen-stained dirty laundry) on them.

Sting never did work the WWF, and there's an advantage there. The boys in the locker room seem to universally respect him, and that's good too. But he's old. And he doesn't carry any kind of magic anymore. Hell, Goldberg worked right in TNA would do them more good and that's not saying much.

Then again, if you told me a year ago that I would actually be okay with Zybysko as commissioner and having an on-air role, I would have thought you were crazy. But that ain't the same as big money talent.

We'll see, though...Sting may actualy ELEVATE talent in TNA, which is good. He don't have the WWF has been stink on him, that's good. He, along with AJ and staying away from sexual angles can make wrestling okay for the religious masses again (and if you don't think that matters, it does.)

My gut says they shouldn't do it, but it's done...and it may work out.

The angle with Sting looks like that they're going to say they can't reveal him until 2006 for "contractual reasons" and have him make his first appearance in their "First Match of 2006" special on New Year's Eve.

Seems pretty good to me, hype your special, hype your new talent, get people watching. Whats not to like from a business standpoint? You can argue if Sting can still bring the goods (he didn't look too bad last time I saw him), but if he fails it won't be from lack of trying on TNA's part.

The angle with Sting looks like that they're going to say they can't reveal him until 2006 for "contractual reasons" and have him make his first appearance in their "First Match of 2006" special on New Year's Eve.

Seems pretty good to me, hype your special, hype your new talent, get people watching.

But won't most of their young target demographic be going out and getting drunk on New Year's Eve or is that just a British tradition? When I heard that TNA had a special on New Year's Eve my immediate reaction was who the hell is going to be around to watch that.