Pro Wrestling Only

Eddie Edwards

Grimmas

He's certainly better than Davey Richards but he's clearly a step or two behind someone like Roddy. He's done some great things, but him being in TNA for two years has made me realize he's really replaceable. I don't miss him in ROH or PWG for the most part and I have no urge to check out his TNA work, which is just as much because of him as it is me hating TNA. Very good wrestler, but not someone I'd vote for.

The biggest argument for Eddie Edwards as GWE is probably actually his feud with Biff Busick helping to build Beyond to the height of it's prominence but, because we are doing the pole now we won't have a chance to really if the youtube business model actually does revolutionize the business so that's not really a huge feather in his cap just yet.

Otherwise I have to agree Eddie is very replaceable mostly because he's a great wrestler with little in the way of character or in-ring personality so any good wrestler can just come in a fill his shoes. He is also held back by a long term run in the American Wolves with Davey Richards which felt like it was meant to be a stepping stone to quickly elevate Eddie to mainevent status that ended up being stretched out to nearly 10 years now once again the problem being that Eddie never stood out as his own man seemed to just be Davey's sidekick.

Eddie Edwards great in-ring but wholly forgettable in the grand scheme of wrestling held back by his success in a tag team with a guy that ended up proving to be a flash in the pan all style no substance worker.