• Grimmas

254 - Dan Kroffat

lafon.jpg

2006 Ranking: 95

# of Ballots: 11

Average Vote: 73.18

High Vote: 53 (Dave Musgrave)

Low Vote: 95

"Part of one of the best tag teams ever with Doug Furnas. His work in Canada in the mid-to-late 80's has some hidden gems." Dave Musgrave

Recommended Match:

Dan Kroffat and Armand Rougeau vs Chuck Simms and Sweet Daddy Siki (2/8/1987)

253 - Mick McManus

article-2329985-19F055DD000005DC-790_306

2006 Ranking: honourable mention

# of Ballots: 9

Average Vote: 66.78

High Vote: 36 (Chris Powell)

Low Vote: 94

"The Johnny Saint match. I guess I should probably write something more concise on him since I don't see him making many ballots but. Seriously. Watch that match. Please." GOTNW

249 - Tamon Honda

factio2008sp_honda_2.jpg
2006 Ranking: honourable mention
# of Ballots: 12
Average Vote: 74.83
High Vote: 46 (Dan Rice)

Low Vote: 99

"Another guy that would've probably fallen off if my wrestling watching wasn't really weird and I watched all the golden era stuff I wanted. But I also have far more nostalgia and sentimentalism for NOAH bubble guys than pretty much anyone else so I'm fine with this as well. Tamon Honda is really great at the wrestling-they called him the god of amateur wrestling in the Samurai TV "where are they now?" video I watched recently. Anyway he took that talent and implented in a worked setting in a really neat fashion, busting out swank holds and suplexes and whatnot. Also him crying MAN TEARS during Kobashi's return match in 2007 is like, really emotional and stuff. I guess." GOTNW

243 - Jeff Jarrett

jarrett4.jpg

2006 Ranking: unranked

# of Ballots: 14

Average Vote: 76.57

High Vote: 46 (NotJayTabb)

Low Vote: 99

"I don't enjoy watching Shawn Michaels or Kurt Angle. Jarrett gave them both their best ever matches, and the credit goes to him, not them. Super smart, underrated wrestler. Late career veteran face Jarrett had more great performances than people remember."

240 - Karl Gotch

Karl3.jpg

2006 Ranking: honourable mention (144)

# of Ballots: 9

Average Vote: 62

High Vote: 20

Low Vote: 100

"There is a quote by Brian Eno I quite like about how every reviewer should post their top 5 contemporary pieces next to the review to give the reader an idea of their taste or whatever. That's kind of how I see my inclusion of Karl Gotch. His lineage is one that produced my favourite wrestling and leaving him off just doesn't feel right, even if what we have of his work is just a very small sampling. I doubt it's something that would convince anyone else but it's enough for me." GOTNW