Pro Wrestling Only

[2016-05-03-NJPW-Wrestling Dontaku] Ricochet & Matt Sydal vs Rocky Romero & Beretta

GOTNW

Terrible match. I was so glad when it ended. For all the shit I gave Triple H-Ziggler that match at least had crowd heat.

The way these matches work is that they're divided into two or three parts:

1)theoretical heat building

2/3) action, flips and the finishing stretch, sometimes they're combined into a whole, sometimes not

The first part of the match was just dreadful, boring.......complete trash, no other way to describe it. Crowd only reacted for it at the end and not because they cared for it but because they knew the comeback was coming. Then they transitioned to the flips and still remained awful, it was the worst US indy tag match I could imagine, completely reliant on thigh slapping kicks and predictable transitions. And it just went on forever, I was hoping they would at least do something interesting near the end but nope, I've seen this match twenty times and I haven't missed it at all. Trent completely missing a knee on the outside that still had the *smack* sound effect and then acting all tough about it was eye rolling and completely sums up the match. *

• GSR changed the title to [2016-05-03-NJPW-Wrestling Dontaku] Ricochet & Matt Sydal vs Rocky Romero & Beretta