Pro Wrestling Only

Smackdown Spoiler

Mad Dog

There's also this little tidbit from a set of spoilers:

-Next was a press conference by Melina with a podium and fake reporters. She was upset about what happened with Batista and she was gonna sue for sexual harassment. It was said to be really dumb and went on way too long. It got the most heat of the night, but probably not for good reasons.

WWE's already posted her "statement":

MELINA'S STATEMENT

December 28, 2005

Last night at the SmackDown television taping in Uncasville, Conn., a tearful Melina, with her attorney by her side, gave the following statement:

"First off, I just want to say this subject matter is of an adult nature. This isn’t easy for me. However, as a role model for young women, I have no choice but to somehow summon the courage to do what’s right. Not just for me, but for all the other women who have been in this position. The truth is, I was recently the victim. Victim of a sexual predator. A man who you all know as … Batista.

I admit to an innocent flirtation with Batista. But that innocent flirtation soon turned into something abhorrent. I told Batista to STOP, but he didn’t! He used his power and influence as World Champion and forced me into having sexual relations. (Please, bear with me), Batista’s public image is that of a suave, sophisticated individual. But I know better. There is a side to Batista you all don’t know. A man who will stop at nothing to get what he wants … regardless of who he hurts.

Well this time, Batista has gone too far. Batista, my body is MY TEMPLE. My body is NOT yours for the taking. You had NO RIGHT to do what you did to me. Every time I close my eyes, I am … I am haunted. Haunted by the image of Batista with that smirk on his face. IT is an image that I will carry with me the rest of my life. I’m … I’m scarred.

Well I refuse to play the victim any longer. In order to ensure this horrific act does not happen to other women, I have decided to take a STAND. I have filed the necessary legal papers and at this time I am here to announce that I will be officially suing one Dave Batista. Suing him for sexual harassment."

So...does turning sexual assult and implied rape into a wrestling angle set the bar for disgusting angles, or can WWE find a way to go any lower?

There's just something about having a heel (who as stated you're supposed to assume is lying) claiming rape creeps me out. With the Kane/Lita and Katie Vick stuff it was done cartoony which took a lot of the creep factor out of it.

Its like, am I supposed to equate a false rape claim with other heel tactics, or am I supposed to cheer an accused rapist? Not only is it tasteless it's yet again sloppy writing.

Hopefully Finlay coming back means we get another match with him against Regal.

That's about all I care about, though, as far as he's concerned. My favourite moment of his is him and Tony Chimel (or whatever the SD ring announcer's name is) laughing at the fat guy in front of me at a house show a few years back.