Pro Wrestling Only

[2016-05-25-AJPW] Kento Miyahara vs Daisuke Sekimoto

GOTNW

This was fun. I had some structural problems with it and the pacing threw me off (too many times where they were just wandering around setting up the next spot, disliked the ringside brawling) but I enjoyed it thoroughly and it had an exciting finish which didn't go overboard with the kick-outs and ended when it should have. ***1/4

• GSR changed the title to [2016-05-25-AJPW] Kento Miyahara vs Daisuke Sekimoto
  • 1 year later...

I love when Daisuke focuses on the neck area because he doesn't do as much filler stuff and just goes TO WORK on that body part. This was kinda similar to the 2012 classic between Sekimoto and Yoshihito Sasaki were Daisuke does everything in his power to attack the neck (including a top rope elbow instead of the frog splash and going straight to the STF instead of 1-2 minutes of a boston crab) and his opponent has to crawl back to even things up. Korakuen is hot as fuck as usual for a match like this, still kinda surprised it sounded like the majority of the crowd were women and children instead of your typical hardcore puro male fans. This was fucking awesome and I LOVED they didn't went too long, simple and effective story with a hot crowd will always have my vote.