Pro Wrestling Only

[2016-06-08-WWE-NXT Takeover: The End] Andrade 'Cien' Almas vs Tye Dillinger

GOTNW

Man Sombra could use a better name, couldn't they just call him the Mexican Shadow or whatever? This was a solid showcase match for him, they went through a lot of stuff and it lacked the usual WWE cliches that usually hold down new wrestlers in their first matches there like unnecessary long chinlock portions etc. This would've surely been better if they had just a minute or two for the cool stuff they did to sink in but then again you don't want Tye Dillinger to look too competitive against Sombra. Then again every WWE match is probably too evenly worked so it wouldn't have mattered. Some interesting stuff here for sure, I found the early chain wrestling quite interesting and I'm interested to see whether Sombra's Elbow combinations, Moonsault feint into Moonsault and Dive feint will become regular spots. Also I didn't like how they set up the finish, it's not something I've ever talked about but I could buy Rey positioning someone into the ropes for a 619 because I felt he was in control of the move and even if it wasn't completely consistent with pro wrestling physics it also wasn't stretching believability by any means, especially when he'd Drop Toe Hold a guy onto ropes. Here you have Dillinger take a Bulldog and just blatantly set up Sombra's finish which I'm never a fan of. **3/4

• GSR changed the title to [2016-06-08-WWE-NXT Takeover: The End] Andrade 'Cien' Almas vs Tye Dillinger