Pro Wrestling Only

[1979-01-11-Houston Wrestling] Jose Lothario & Tiger Conway Jr vs Mr Hito & Mr Sakurada

shoe

Wow I really enjoyed this. I've always been a guy who prioritized story over athletic ability. Here these guys tell a great story.

One of the things that I really appreciate about the service is being able to really discover guys or seeing guys you have heard about. In this match we have Lothario who has been a real revelation. Conway Jr has solidified himself as a really good baby face. Hito and Sakurada have been put over by Bret Hart so I was really excited to check them out. True to form they had great psychology.

These guys went close to 30 minutes and it was so good. Pre match we have the Japan flag out. Conway has the U.S Flag and now it's really hot. The heels do the awesome Salt ceremony pre match. The match starts and Lothario establishes himself as a smart baby face by stomping Hito's foot which is shoeless. The heels immediately go after Lothario's arm. The heels tag in and out staying fresh focusing on the arm. We see a hot tag and Conway is in. He eventually gets cut off and is worked over. Eventually Lothario's in with some wicked punches, tags in Conway with a Thesz press from the top for 3.

The 2nd fall is more great work . The heels establish dominance and put Lothario out with a double team move.

The 3rd fall was more great heat and shine segments. Eventually this time though they wear down Conway Jr. with a couple of big double team moves and the finish that was a little climsy and supposed to be a slingshot into a chop.

Final thoughts.

I loved all the quick tags. The work was focused. Lothario's punches were wicked. Their was a real sense of struggle. The match had a big time feel to it. All four guys looked good. The story telling was top notch. 4*

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [1979-01-11-Houston Wrestling] Jose Lothario & Tiger Conway Jr vs Mr Hito & Mr Sakurada
  • 4 years later...