Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-01-09-JWP] Carlos Amano & Ran Yu Yu & Tsubasa Kuragaki & Akyuto Sae vs Dynamite Kansai & Azumi Hyuga & Mizaki Kana & Kayuko Haruyama

soup23

I have no idea why Yu Yu and Hyuga are pulling double duty. Honestly, besides Kansai and the ladies in the previous match, I am at a loss for who the rest of the ladies are so the play by play here will be spotty. Early on we get the Chikara sleeper spot where 7 of the competitors put each other in a sleeper which I guess was novel at the time. We get a cut in the match from there. Hyuga hits a cool crossbody onto a group on the outside as we get another clip. Kansai is bullied up here a bit and she has to fend off the entire opposing team. It is also at this point where he get a wide shot and see how empty Korakuen is. Everyone on Yu Yu’s team comes off the top rope to hit Kansai for a nearfall. Match breaks down with everyone going after each other and Yu Yu is able to avenge her lost from earlier. Probably the most aimless and inconsequential match we have seen in 2000 so far. **

• 5 months later...

I agree that this turned out to be a big nothing burger. The talent level of those involved is too uneven to amount to anything, and there's nothing really to tie it all together. JWP's version of the Toryumon fustercluck from the day before. The 7-way sleeper is DUMB no matter who does it, and even more so with this many people, because it's clearly done to look cool instead of to have any affect on the match at all.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-01-09-JWP] Carlos Amano & Ran Yu Yu & Tsubasa Kuragaki & Akyuto Sae vs Dynamite Kansai & Azumi Hyuga & Mizaki Kana & Kayuko Haruyama