Pro Wrestling Only

[1996-02-11-WCW-Superbrawl VI] Johnny B. Badd vs Diamond Dallas Page

SirEdger

Just rewatched this match today. I think this was one of my favorite angles back then, maybe because DDP was so good at being a scumbag in his character that it was so enjoyable to watch him have his comeuppance and desperately trying to get back everything he had prior to losing the title to Johnny B. Badd. I personally think this is Marc Mero's best feud as Johnny B. Badd and this was also when I started paying more attention to DDP's work.

Fan of this one too. On my blog I described it as "tightly packed with good work, nice sequences, and credible pin attempts." I gave it 3 stars and would've had it as my MOTN except I enjoyed the Macho Man/Flair match more. Meltzer gave it 3 and a quarter FWIW.

DDP was awesome in 95.

• GSR changed the title to [1996-02-11-WCW-Superbrawl VI] Johnny B. Badd vs Diamond Dallas Page
  • 7 months later...

Yeah, time has been really kind to this feud and these matches. Simple, well-thought out, well-executed matches that played to both guys strengths and made great use of Diamond Doll. The overarching story was classic undercard fare that got the crowd into it and also helped build into DDPs rise later on. It’s an underrated aspect of WCWs rise in 95/96 but it was another example of something that WWF weren’t doing well.