Pro Wrestling Only

[1988-12-30-WWF-MSG, NY] Randy Savage vs Bad News Brown

Superstar Sleeze

WWF World Heavyweight Champion Randy Savage vs Bad News Brown - WWF MSG 12/30/88

This will probably sound weird to those older than me, but I have never seen a Bad News Brown match. I liked how he carries himself. He just looks like a mean, street-tough man. In the ring, he is fine, nothing awesome, but it is fine. Savage was awesome in this! He was a total Wildman. He came out all cylinders firing swarming Bad News before the bell. I don't know why he is pissed, but I am happy he is. I thought we were going to get this badass street fight, but Bad News hits a clothesline in the ring and things settle down to the normal heat segment. Bad News was fine working on top with clobbering. Savage ends up reversing Bad News into the post and then hitting a high knee in the ring. Savage actually dives over the top rope onto Bad News. Savage is great! Double axehandle to the floor! Misses a double axehandle in the ring, but tosses Bad News off the top. He misses the flying elbow, but gets a small package to win. He is definitely being booked more like Bret than Hogan with these cradle victories rather than decisive leg drop wins. Bad News comes back with a trash barrel, but Savage sends him packing. Fun match, great Savage performance, Bad News is a solid heel challenger. ***1/4

• GSR changed the title to [1988-12-30-WWF-MSG, NY] Randy Savage vs Bad News Brown