Pro Wrestling Only

Lutte Internationale October 1984

SirEdger

October 5th, 1984

Baie-Comeau, QC

-Raymond Rougeau beat Charlie Cook in 2:54

-The Midnight Express (w/Jim Cornette) beat Black Bart (subbing for Carlos Colon) & Chicky Starr in 38:49

-The Spoiler beat Sika (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 11:49

Guest Referee Triangle Match - Maurice Richard: Luke Williams beat Nord the Barbarian (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) & International Tag Team Champion Billy Robinson (w/Sherri Martel) in 10:50

-Baron Von Raschke beat George "The Animal" Steele (w/Frenchy Martin) in 43:43

Lutte Internationale TV

Taped at CHLT-TV Studios, Sherbrooke, QC

October 6th, 1984

dieu.jpg

(After the opening credits, camera pans to the broadcast booth where Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier are waiting to kick off this week’s show)

Guy Hauray: Hello, wrestling fans, and welcome to Lutte Internationale TV. We’ve had some explosive episodes in the past couple of weeks and this week should be a tad quieter as Rick Martel, the Rougeaus & Jim Cornette – along with the Midnight Express – aren’t here this week. But that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have a great episode this week.

Édouard Carpentier: Not at all, Guy, as the International Tag Team Champions are in action this week as Billy Robinson & Doug Somers take on the Caribbean Connection in our main event. The Caribbean Connection’s reign didn’t last long and many saw this as a huge upset as Billy Robinson & Doug Somers were teaming together for the very first time. In fact, many thought the Connection was expecting someone else to team with Somers so they got caught off-guard.

Guy Hauray: In any event, this should be quite the main event. However, I understand that we’re about to have a summit with the Creatchman Family to kick off the show

(Indeed, Eddy Creatchman comes out with his entire family: the Wild Samoans, Samu, Sheik Ali, Black Bart and his newest acquisition, Nord the Barbarian. Eddy seems a bit on edge, presumably for what happened last week.)

Eddy Creatchman: I know that a lot of you, little rats, enjoyed last week when Rick Martel assaulted me after he answered Samu’s challenge. However, if you think that I will apologize for anything I said, you’re dead wrong! I meant every single word of it. Rick Martel has no idea what he’s gotten himself into with Samu. You’ve all seen what Samu can do in a ring. You’ve all seen what he did to him the last time they faced off. Martel was stretchered out of his own city. HIS OWN CITY. Samu won’t hesitate to do the same thing to him at the Montreal Forum on November 9. And he’ll bring the International Heavyweight Championship to the Creatchman Family.

(Creatchman turns now to his newest family members, Black Bart & Nord the Barbarian)

Eddy Creatchman: But not everything is doing great for my family. That’s when a patriarch steps in to do what he has to do. Obviously, I had to give Sheik Ali a pep talk so he could understand the error of his ways and now, he’s more aggressive and sadistic than ever. And tonight, that no good sheepherder savage of Luke Williams will find out exactly that. But for every scum of the earth and spoiled brats like the Rougeaus, Dino Bravo and Rick Martel, I can always scour the world and find some gems. This right here is Black Bart. One of the meanest men you’ll ever find. All the way from the state of Texas. Highly recommended by a good friend of mine over there that needs no introduction. Bart, I know that you won’t disappoint me. You’ve been doing great thus far and I know that I can count on you. And this right here is Nord the Barbarian! (Nord starts shouting “HOSS! HOSS!” while The Brain is talking) My British friend Lord Alfred Hayes sent him to me because he knew I could get the best out of him. As his name gives it away, he’s a Barbarian from the land of the Vikings. He has no regard for anyone other than himself and his interests. And his interests are my interests. So Rougeaus, whenever you’re done with Jim Cornette’s Midnight Express, you better watch out because Nord is coming for you, little punks! HAHAHA!

(Eddy then turns to the Wild Samoans)

Eddy Creatchman: Like I said, not everything is doing great for the Creatchman Family. You see, when I took Afa & Sika under my wing and they became the International Tag Team Champions, I was as proud as I could be. We humiliated the Rougeaus in their backyard and did something no one thought we could do. An exhilarating moment for me. But then, one of you had to get hurt. And because of that, you had to lose to those stinkin’ Porto Ricans and I don’t have a title in my family! Where’s the focus, boys? Where’s the focus? Now, you listen to me and you listen to me very good. There’ll come a time when you two will force me to do something that I don’t wanna do but you’ll give me no other option (Afa & Sika talk amongst themselves and this irates Eddy), HEY, LISTEN TO ME!

(Creatchman slaps Sika in the face, which prompts the crowd in the studio to “Oooooooh”. Sika is livid and has to be restrained by Sika & Sheik Ali. Afa can barely contain himself as well).

Eddy Creatchman: When I talk, you listen! You two have let me down since you lost the International Tag Team Championship! I was counting on you to represent my family but it seems that I can’t count on you. So guess what? I found myself another team to show you how things are done in the Creatchman Family. This is your last warning, boys. The next time you let me down, there will be repercussions. And this will be your last day in the Creatchman Family!

(The Creatchman Family leaves the ring , with Samu, curiously leaving right behind Creatchman, seemingly not caring about what happened to Afa & Sika. The Samoans are the last to leave.)

Guy Hauray: So, Eddy Creatchman seems to have found himself another tag team to join him in the Creatchman Family. And I thought it was unthinkable that he would even think to replace the Wild Samoans. They have been the crown jewel of the Creatchman Family since the rebirth of the territory!

Édouard Carpentier: Well, we shouldn’t be surprised, Guy. Remember what they did to King Tonga at the Forum the last time. King Tonga hasn’t reappeared in Lutte Internationale since. And besides, we know that The Brain’s connection run deep across the entire world. I don’t know who he has found but I don’t think this bodes well for Afa & Sika.

Guy Hauray: We’ll have to see as this new team could come at any moment for The Creatchman Family. After the break, our first match of the week!

*****COMMERCIAL BREAK + PROMO FOR TONIGHT’S SHOW AT THE CENTRE PAUL-SAUVÉ, FEATURING SPECIAL NWA NON-TITLE MATCH BETWEEN TULLY BLANCHARD & BILLY GRAHAM*****

Match #1

Butch Miller vs Gilles Poisson

During the match, Guy & Édouard put over the international reputation of the Sheepherders and how this has carried over to Lutte Internationale since their arrival here. Gilles Poisson’s experience allows him to not be intimidated by Butch Miller’s reputation and it shows in the pace of the match. Towards the end of the match, it seems like the match will spill outside of the ring and it does. Poisson seems on the verge of causing an upset but Miller grabs the New Zealand flag stationed at ringside and strikes Poisson with the flagpole! Referee Luigi Macera calls for the bell.

Winner: Gilles Poisson by DQ

(Butch Miller continues the assault and is soon joined by Luke Williams as they double-team Poisson. The Sheepherders set up Poisson and hit their double gutbuster on him. They stomp Poisson a bit before Luke Williams takes the mic)

Luke Williams: If there were any doubts about us being the toughest tag team in the world, I think we pretty much proved you that we were the real deal ever since we arrived here. I don’t care who you are, we’ll run through you if you dare showing up thinking you can measure up to us!

(All of a sudden, Eddy “The Brain” Creatchman is back out but this time, only with Sheik Ali. Creatchman stops at the broadcast booth and Édouard Carpentier leaves his seat to interview the Brain.)

Eddy Creatchman: You stinkin’ Kiwis are forgetting that you’re in MY territory! Whatever I say goes around here! I wasn’t kidding when I said that my Creatchman Family is the most dangerous entity in this sport and I’m gonna make you rue the day you ever left wherever you were before landing here. Luke Williams, I’m gonna make sure that my Sheik wipes the floor with your carcass and then, he’s gonna wipe the blood of the floor with your New Zealand flag. Ali, get him!

(Sheik Ali obliges and steps inside the ring. Referee Luigi Macera is still in the ring and it looks like he’s gonna officiate this impromptu match!)

Match #2

Sheik Ali (w/Eddy “The Brain” Creatchman) vs Luke Williams

Despite the carnage that he left at ringside in the previous match, Butch Miller is allowed to stay at ringside in the corner of his Sheepherder tag team partner - probably to counter Eddy Creatchman at ringside. Ali’s newlyfound meaner streak that usually pays off isn’t exactly working too well here, given Luke Williams’ experience in the ring. Ali had his moments in the match but clearly it wasn’t enough to prevail. Luke Williams hits a gutbuster to score a victory over Sheik Ali

Winner: Luke Williams

******COMMERCIAL BREAK*****

(Back from the break, we’re ready to go into our tag team main event and out come the International Tag Team Champions, Billy Robinson & Doug Somers, along with Sherri Martel. But however, Billy Robinson has his arm in a sling and isn’t dressed to compete. Inside the ring, Billy Robinson asks for the ring announcer’s mic)

Billy Robinson: I know that all of you here were expecting myself and Doug Somers to give a rematch to the Caribbean Connection for the tag team championships tonight but I got hurt last night during a match and the doctors didn’t want to clear me so unfortunately, it looks like there won’t be a tag team championship match today.

(The crowd boos, visibly disappointed about this but Billy passes the mic to Sherri Martel)

Sherri Martel: But because my men are honourable champions, they promise that they will grant a rematch to the Caribbean Connection when Billy is healthy again. And also because they’re honourable champions, Doug Somers has accepted to wrestle tonight with a replacement partner. As a matter of fact, he’ll go backstage get him right now!

(Doug Somers exits the ring and returns backstage. After a few seconds, he emerges....with Baron Von Raschke? The Baron seems confused but we can also see the anger in his eyes as he walks to the ring. As he stands in the middle of the ring, getting a pep talk from Doug Somers and Billy Robinson, the Caribbean Connection make their entrance to the ring, also disappointed they aren’t getting their tag team title match.)

MAIN EVENT

Match #3

Baron Von Raschke & Doug Somers (w/Sherri Martel & Billy Robinson) vs The Caribbean Connection

Despite the little change in the main event, crowd seems still into it. In fact, they’re cheering heavily for the former International Tag Team Champions. Carlos Colon & Chicky Starr have the advantage early in the match over Doug Somers and each time things don’t go his way, Somers crawls to his corner and tags in Von Raschke. Von Raschke turns the tide around for his team and does some damage in the ring. But as soon as Von Raschke gets some momentum, Doug Somers tags himself in, trying to pick up the win. That tactic can work for so long before it finally turns against him after he misses an elbow drop on Chicky Starr. Starr gets to his corner and Colon gets the hot tag. Colon cleans house and it looks like the former champs are about to score an important victory. Colon sets up Somers for the Figure Four Leglock but Somers counters and Colon collides with referee Adrien Desbois, who runs into Baron Von Raschke in the opposite corner. Colon still applies the Figure Four but as Somers is about to tap out, Billy Robinson removes his sling at ringside and grabs his tag team title belt! Robinson slides into the ring and hits Colon with the title belt, breaking the hold. Doug Somers drags Colon in the middle of the ring and locks a Figure Four of his own but with an unconscious Colon, all referee Desbois has to do is to count the pinfall, allowing Von Raschke & Somers to win the match. This week’s episode ends with Somers, Robinson & Sherri celebrating in the ring with Baron Von Raschke in the background, still recovering from the finish and visibly not included in the post-match celebration.

Winners: Baron Von Raschke & Doug Somers

20111012-052508-g.jpg

À LA SEMAINE PROCHAINE SI DIEU LE VEUT!

October 6th, 1984

Centre Paul-Sauvé, Montréal

-Leo Burke beat Afa (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 14:40 after using the ropes for leverage

-The debuting Rusher Kimura beat Adrian Adonis (w/Jim Cornette) in 11:51 after using Cornette's racket on Adonis while Cornette tried to interfere in the match

-Hercules Ayala beat Black Bart (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 15:56

-The Caribbean Connection beat the Rougeau Brothers in 32:55

International TV Championship: Mad Dog Lefebvre (w/Frenchy Martin) beat Gino Brito by DQ in 7:50 to retain

Special Attraction presented by Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling - Non-Title Match: Superstar Billy Graham fought NWA TV Champion Tully Blanchard (w/JJ Dillon) to a double countout in a bloody brawl at 38:38. Everyone was bleeding, including James J. Dillon himself, who tried to interfere in the match but got hit by Graham with his own shoe!

International Heavyweight Championship: Rick Martel beat George "The Animal" Steele (w/Frenchy Martin) in 21:55 to retain

October 7th, 1984

Belleville, ON

-Luke Williams beat Pete Doherty in 7:42 with the Gutbuster

-Gino Brito beat Gilles Poisson in 12:56

-Black Bart (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat Hercules Ayala in 14:31

-The Midnight Express (w/Jim Cornette) beat The Missing Link & The Spoiler in 10:52

-Jacques Rougeau beat International Tag Team Champion Billy Robinson (w/Sherri Martel) in 9:59

International Heavyweight Championship Gauntlet Match: Rick Martel beat Greg Valentine, Leo Burke, Butch Miller, Rick Rude (w/Sherri Martel, on loan from AWA) & Rusher Kimura in 16:04 to retain

October 12th, 1984

Sudbury, ON

-Dennis Condrey (w/Jim Cornette) beat Tito Senza in 16:45

-The Wild Samoans (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat Charlie Cook & Pete Doherty by countout in 17:21

-Raymond Rougeau beat Serge Jodoin in 10:51

-Leo Burke beat Sheik Ali (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) by countout in 8:55

-Jacques Rougeau beat The Spoiler in 13:35

-George "The Animal" Steele (w/Frenchy Martin) beat Justice Dubois in 7:38

-Luke Williams beat Samu (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 10:35

-Richard "Le Magnifique" Charland (w/Frenchy Martin) beat Dino Bravo by countout in 9:38

Lutte Internationale TV

October 13th, 1984

dieu.jpg

(After the opening credits, we head to the broadcast booth to Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier)

Guy Hauray: Hello, wrestling fans, and welcome to Lutte Internationale TV. Lots of action to be expected this week as our main event will feature a 6-men tag team match with our International Heavyweight Champion Rick Martel in action. But as we’re going on the air for this week’s show, we just learned that Rick Martel’s partners, the Rougeau Brothers, have mysteriously not made it to the studios to team with him against Samu, Baron Von Raschke & International Tag Team Champion Doug Somers. We hope to learn more about this before the main event but I’m hoping for Martel that he’s gonna find some tag team partners.

Édouard Carpentier: We all know about the guts and courage of our champion but it would be smart on his part to not go at it alone in this one. Especially not knowing what happened to the Rougeaus. But if I were a betting man, you might wanna ask Jim Cornette if he knows something about it

Guy Hauray: We hope to give you more news before the end of the show but let’s go to the ring for our first match.

Match #1

5-on-2 Handicap Match

Charlie Cook, Buzz Tyler, Pete Doherty, Tito Senza & Serge Jodoin vs Eddy Creatchman’s Surprise

All 5 jobbers are waiting in the ring for their opponents and out comes Eddy Creatchman first. Creatchman stops in front of the ring and signals behind the curtain....out comes Elijah Akeem & Kareem Muhammad, aka the Zambuie Express! The 2 large African-American men are now flanking Creatchman and The Brain gives the order to his troops and they charge the ring. The poor enhancement talent stand no chance whatsoever as the Zambuie Express are literally steamrolling through them. Eventually, the slaughter comes to an end as Elijah Akeem drops his Big Elbow on Cook while Muhammad locks a sleeper on Doherty to secure the victory.

Winners: The Zambuie Express

(After the match, Creatchman and the Zambuie Express are headed to the broadcast booth with Édouard Carpentier is waiting for them)

Édouard Carpentier: Brain, last week, you promised us a new tag team to add to your revamped Creatchman Family and looks like you found them.

Eddy Creatchman: Mr. Carpentier, when I make a promise, you know that I deliver on that. I told the Wild Samoans last week that they were expendable and I wouldn’t hesitate to do so. And that’s exactly what I did. I’m bringing in Elijah Akeem & Kareem Muhammad to make sure that the Wild Samoans realize their situation. But you see, the problem with Afa & Sika is despite my advices, they were always hellbent on wrestling some singles matches. You know what? A cohesive tag team is a team that works together 24/7. So you can rest assured that you won’t have this problem with my Zambuie Express. The Zambuie Express will strictly work tag team matches going forward in Lutte Internationale and this isn’t a suggestion to Frank Valois, this is a guarantee. Under my guidance, they’re gonna become the best tag team in the territory. So, from this moment forward, Afa & Sika, they can do whatever they want. I don’t care. They either get back in line or they’re gonna suffer the consequences. It’s their call. And I can tell you that this won’t be pretty!

(Eddy Creatchman walks back to the locker room with his new protégés. Carpentier rejoins Guy Hauray at the broadcast booth)

Guy Hauray: And if the tag team division couldn’t be any hotter, there you now have the Zambuie Express in Lutte Internationale!

Édouard Carpentier: We just saw what those two are capable of and I don’t think The Brain is fooling around when he says he’s gonna replace the Wild Samoans if they don’t fall in line. Billy Robinson & Doug Somers better get ready because their reign as International Tag Team Champions might come to an abrupt end!

Guy Hauray: Speaking of which, still to come, Billy Robinson will take on Gino Brito in a Lumberjack Match! But up next, Butch Miller from the Sheepherders is in action vs George Steele!

********COMMERCIAL BREAK********

Match #2

Butch Miller vs George “The Animal” Steele (w/Frenchy Martin)

The commentary team puts over the actions of the Sheepherders last week, including their dismantling of Gilles Poisson. But Butch Miller finds out soon enough that George Steele is most definitely not Gilles Poisson. Somewhat a very even match through most of it as Butch Miller tries to go for the gutbuster in the end but The Animal counters with his hammerlock slam followed by his big splash to secure the victory

Winner: George “The Animal” Steele

**********COMMERCIAL BREAK*********

Match #3

Lumberjack Match

Billy Robinson (w/Sherri Martel) vs Gino Brito

While Billy Robinson has his usual suspects as lumberjacks in International TV Champion Mad Dog Lefebvre, Richard Charland and Lutte’s newest addition on loan Rick Rude among others, Gino Brito can count on some dependable lumberjacks like the Caribbean Connection, The Missing Link, The Spoiler & his close friend Dino Bravo. Everything seems to be going smooth sailing under the circumstances as the lumberjacks do their job every time either Robinson or Brito gets tossed out of the ring. But eventually, all hell breaks loose after an argument between Mad Dog Lefebvre and The Missing Link, leading up to Link headbutting Lefebvre and a melee at ringside. In the meantime, Rick Rude steps on the ring apron to distract Brito and Robinson charges Brito but Brito ducks and Robinson almost hits Rude. Brito dropkicks Robinson and he collides with Rude, who falls off the apron. Brito then rolls up Robinson to score the victory. After the match, Brito doesn’t even have time to celebrate that Rick Rude comes back in the ring and clubs Brito from behind. Rude picks him up and hits Rude Awakening on Brito. Rude taunts Brito before leaving the ring with Robinson & Sherri.

Winner: Gino Brito

*******COMMERCIAL BREAK********

(Back from the commercial break, Guy & Édouard are standing in front of the broadcast booth)

Guy: Before we go to the main event, a little update on what went down earlier today since as we told you when we went on air, the Rougeaus aren’t here to team with Rick Martel against the trio of Samu, Baron Von Raschke & Doug Somers. We still don’t know what happened but we can confirm that there has been video footage of this incident and we should receive it for next week’s program so we’ll be able to play it to you in its entirety. But Eddie, as we’re about to head in our main event, it looks like Rick Martel is all alone in this.

Édouard: Indeed, Guy, and we were hoping that this wouldn’t be the case and that he would find some partners but it doesn’t look like it was the case. Perhaps Rick should do the right thing and just not show up.

(And just like if the champion had heard Édouard Carpentier, he just does the actual opposite and makes his way to the ring, in wrestling gear and everything. Martel steps into the ring and symbolically places the title in the center of the ring, standing behind it. That brings out the trio of Samu, Baron Von Raschke & Doug Somers, along with Eddy Creatchman and Sherri Martel. Martel doesn’t back down as Samu stands in the middle between Von Raschke and Somers. Martel looks around and realizes that there’s no way out from this as the heel trio – well 2 of them at least – circles the ring. Eventually, Samu, Von Raschke & Somers charge the ring and Martel tries to fight them as best as he can. Martel can get a few shots on Somers & Von Raschke but eventually, Samu Pearl Harbors Martel and the champion goes down. The trio stomps on Martel as the champ still tries to fight back, being cheered on by the audience. But the numbers become too much for the champion as each heel takes their shot on Martel. Doug Somers uses his tag team title belt to knock down Martel and he’s busted open. Sherri Martel orders Baron Von Raschke to put the Claw on Martel, but he seems rather hesitant. Finally, after shoving him around a bit, Somers convinces Von Raschke to proceed. Von Raschke puts Martel in the Claw as Martel tries to vigorously fight back. As Martel is neutralized by the Claw, Samu climbs on the top rope and hits a splash on Martel. And Samu goes with a 2nd one. And a 3rd one. Martel is now unconscious and bleeding. Luckily for Martel, finally someone runs in as Hercules Ayala runs in with a chair to clear the ring. The show ends with Ayala checking on Martel while Samu, Creatchman, Von Raschke, Somers & Sherri celebrate on their way back to the locker room.)

20111012-052508-g.jpg

October 13th, 1984

-Butch Miller & Dino Bravo beat Pete Doherty & Buzz Tyler by countout in 11:58

-International Tag Team Champion Doug Somers (w/Sherri Martel) beat Charlie Cook in 8:54 by referee stoppage

-Sika (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat Luke Williams in 13:41

-Baron Von Raschke beat The Missing Link in 10:27 after using his feet in ropes for leverage

International TV Championship: Mad Dog Lefebvre (w/Frenchy Martin) beat Dennis Condrey (w/Jim Cornette) in 44:34 to retain

Nice to see the Zambouie Express playing a big roll right away. I enjoyed how you teased the Main Event right from the opening and kept us wondering if Martel would be all alone. George the Animal vs the Sheepherder! That must have been chaos.

Also really liked the interview with the Brain as he basically threw the Samoans away and could care less that he lost one of the greatest tag teams of the era and it meant nothing to him.

Well, the mentality of the Brain was always this: if you can't rid me of the Rougeaus, Martel & Bravo and their friends, you're no good to me anymore. That's pretty much the stage that Eddy Creatchman is at with the Samoans and he's hoping for the Zambuie Express to accomplish that. ;)

October 14th, 1984

-International Heavyweight Champion Rick Martel & Greg Valentine beat Pete Doherty & Buzz Tyler in 12:56

-Gilles Poisson beat International Tag Team Champion Billy Robinson (w/Sherri Martel) in 5:38

Guest Referee - Maurice Richard: Justice Dubois beat Rusher Kimura in 19:34

-The Missing Link beat International Tag Team Champion Doug Somers (w/Sherri Martel) in 8:44

10-Men Tag Team Match: The Midnight Express & Frenchy's Legion beat The Sheepherders, The Rougeau Brothers & Carlos Colon in 52:01 when International TV Champion Mad Dog Lefebvre pinned Colon

October 19th, 1984

Mississauga, ON

-Chicky Starr beat Pete Doherty in 1:36

-Gino Brito beat Buzz Tyler in 4:39

-International TV Champion Mad Dog Lefebvre (w/Frenchy Martin) beat Serge Jodoin in 12:08

Special Attraction: Lone Eagle beat Little Coco in 10:04

-Justice Dubois beat Hercules Ayala in 11:24

-The Spoiler beat Black Bart (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 17:51

-Carlos Colon beat Richard "Le Magnifique" Charland (w/Frenchy Martin) in 19:36

-Rick Rude (w/Sherri Martel) upsets Raymond Rougeau in 35:32

Lutte Internationale TV

October 20th, 1984

dieu.jpg

(After the opening credits, we go to Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier at the broadcast booth to open the show)

Guy Hauray: Hello, wrestling fans, and welcome to Lutte Internationale TV. An extended 90-minute edition of our show this week with several big matches on tap, including our two feature tag team bouts of the week as The Wild Samoans will take on the Frenchy’s Legion tandem of George “The Animal” Steele & International TV Champion Mad Dog Lefebvre but also in action, we’ll see The Sheepherders take on the team of Raymond Rougeau & a partner of his choosing. Why, are we talking about Raymond’s mystery partner? We’re about to show you.

Édouard Carpentier: If you watched last week, you saw that the Rougeaus were supposed to be involved in our main event teaming up with Rick Martel but they couldn’t make it to the match. We’ve acquired exclusive footage of what happened in the parking lot of the TV studios last week and after watching it, it should’ve come to no surprise that this was why.

Guy Hauray: We’d like to warn you that some part of this footage is extremely graphic and viewer discretion is advised. Let’s roll the footage.

******EXCLUSIVE FOOTAGE********

(We cut to footage shot outside of the arena as a brawl is seemingly occurring at the moment. The camera pans closer to reveal a bloody Jacques Rougeau being laid out by the Midnight Express, thanks to a lead pipe shot from Dennis Condrey. Raymond Rougeau is furiously fighting with Randy Rose near a car. Raymond has the advantage on Rose but he’s jumped from behind by Condrey and the Midnight Express regains the advantage. Jim Cornette is spotted nearby, directing traffic. The trunk of a car is popped up and Raymond is tossed inside. Cornette then sits on the trunk of the car while Rose and Condrey pick the bloody Jacques back on his feet. Jacques can barely stand as Cornette gets off the trunk and grabs the lead pipe Condrey used on Jacques earlier and as they restrain Jacques....POW! Cornette nails Jacques with the lead pipe. Jacques collapses in the parking lot as we can hear some yelling from the background. We can see Dino Bravo, Gino Brito & The Spoiler rushing in the parking lot as the Midnight Express scour away, fleeing the scene in their rental car. Last moments of the footage see Dino Bravo pop up the trunk and help Raymond get out while Gino Brito & The Spoiler check on Jacques)

Guy Hauray: As you could see, a savage attack conducted by the Midnight Express, and perpetrated by Jim Cornette. As a result, Jacques is unable to compete this week but should return to action soon. In the meantime, promoter Frank Valois has decided to suspend the Midnight Express along with Jim Cornette. Now, while this was taking place, we also saw Rick Martel getting beaten down by Samu, Baron Von Raschke & Doug Somers among others. To punish them, Frank Valois has decided to book them this week in a tag match, against each other. It will be Samu & a partner to be determined to take on Baron Von Raschke & Doug Somers later tonight.

Édouard Carpentier: It should be an explosive episode this week but we’re gonna kick things off with the former International Heavyweight Champion himself in action!

Match #1

Greg Valentine vs Charlie Cook

The commentary team puts over how Greg Valentine seems to almost being forgotten in the title picture ever since Samu & Eddy Creatchman challenged Rick Martel for his title. Valentine seems hungry – and angry – and wastes no time disposing of Charlie Cook, making him tap to the Figure Four Leglock in around 2 minutes.

Winner: Greg Valentine

*****COMMERCIAL BREAK****

Match #2

Special Attraction

Rusher Kimura vs Sheik Ali (w/Eddy “The Brain” Creatchman)

The commentary team hypes up big time that this is Rusher Kimura’s tune-up match for his confrontation with Andre the Giant next week on the show. The Japanese sensation doesn’t seem too fazed by the Creatchman Family member’s tactic and remains focused on the task ahead. Kimura finishes things up with his Lariat to pick up the win.

Winner: Rusher Kimura

(After the match, Rusher Kimura goes to the broadcast booth, obviously to speak a few words. A Japanese translator also joins Édouard Carpentier and Rusher Kimura at the broadcast booth. Rusher Kimura speaks his mind in Japanese before the Japanese translator translates Rusher’s comments in English/French)

Translator (speaking as Rusher Kimura): I came to North America to prove that I belong with the best in the world in professional wrestling. One name here is synonymous with legendary, especially for us in Japan and his name is Andre the Giant. Many Japanese wrestlers fear Andre but I’m not one of them. I will die in the ring if I have to but I’m not afraid of Andre the Giant. I won’t quit against Andre the Giant. In fact, I challenge Andre the Giant to an I Quit Match next week!

(Everyone seems shocked by the challenge from Rusher Kimura as he leaves the broadcast booth with his translator. Carpentier returns to his broadcast seat.)

Édouard Carpentier: I would’ve never thought I’d see the day that someone would actually challenge Andre the Giant to such a match. I mean, we know that Andre isn’t a technical wizard by any means but still, I think this is insane that Rusher Kimura is willing to do this.

Guy Hauray: I guess that Rusher Kimura wants to leave his mark in Lutte Internationale before he returns to All-Japan next month and he’s ready to make the most of his opportunity by doing what he just did. When we come back, tag team action

***CONFIRMED FOR NEXT WEEK’S TV***

I QUIT SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH

Andre the Giant vs Rusher Kimura

********COMMERCIAL BREAK************

Match #3

“Adorable” Adrian Adonis & Samu (w/Eddy “The Brain” Creatchman) vs Baron Von Raschke & “Pretty Boy” Doug Somers (w/Sherri Martel)

The commentary team hypes up again what went down last week with the attack on Rick Martel and reminds the viewers that Jim Cornette is not here because he’s been suspended with his Midnight Express. For a first time teaming up, Adrian Adonis & Samu are getting along very well while despite having teamed together before, Von Raschke & Somers are showing some dissension again. Somers & Martel are trying to boss around Von Raschke around in the match and while it works at first, the more the match progresses, the more the crowd seems to be getting to the Baron. The end comes when Von Raschke & Somers have an argument in their corner and Somers slaps Von Raschke in the face. Von Raschke snaps and starts to choke Somers but Samu jumps Von Raschke and hits the Samoan Drop, followed by a top rope splash to get the victory.

Winners: Adrian Adonis & Samu

As Adonis & Samu are leaving the ring, Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier announce that next week, they’ll speak to Rick Martel via satellite to get an update on his physical condition.

********COMMERCIAL BREAK*********

Match #4

Hercules Ayala vs Nord the Barbarian (w/Eddy “The Brain” Creatchman)

The commentary team hypes up the fact that Hercules Ayala was the one who saved Rick Martel last week & also mentions that Ayala has also been involved in more saves in the past recent weeks. They also talk about how much Nord seems to be flourishing as a rookie under Creatchman’s tutelage. Ayala’s experience gives him the advantage throughout the match but Nord the Barbarian is able to score a serious upset as he gets the victory over Ayala after his falling powerslam. Creatchman seems to be overjoyed by this victory from one of his newest recruits.

Winner: Nord the Barbarian

*******COMMERCIAL BREAK*********

Match #5

The Wild Samoans vs Frenchy’s Legion (George “The Animal” Steele & Mad Dog Lefebvre, w/Frenchy Martin)

Conspicuous by his absence is Eddy “The Brain” Creatchman, who pretty much threw the former International Tag Team Champions under the bus last week when he introduced the Zambuie Express to Lutte Internationale. However, the Wild Samoans seem to be back to their prime form as they’re very focused and aggressive. But most importantly, the fans are behind them in this match, which is somewhat of an unusual feeling for Afa & Sika. Still, Frenchy’s Legion are able to capitalize on an Afa mistake in mid-match and the International TV Champion Mad Dog Lefebvre looks like a million bucks in the ring as he works relentlessly on Afa. However, Sika gets the hot tag and cleans house. Sika gets the win for the Wild Samoans after a Samoan Drop to George “The Animal” Steele.

Winners: The Wild Samoans

******COMMERCIAL BREAK**********

Before the main event, the broadcast team hypes next week’s special interview with International Heavyweight Champion Rick Martel and the main event featuring Andre the Giant vs Rusher Kimura in an I Quit Match!

MAIN EVENT

Match #6

The Sheepherders vs Dino Bravo & Raymond Rougeau

Dino Bravo turns out to be the man chosen by Raymond Rougeau to replace his brother Jacques in this night. Match turns to be somewhat stiff and brutal and both Bravo & Rougeau hold their own against the vicious Sheepherders. However, all hell breaks loose in the studio as despite being suspended for the week, The Midnight Express charge the ring and attack everyone in the ring, causing referee Adrien Desbois to throw out the match. Condrey & Rose switch their attention to Rougeau & Bravo but the Sheepherders didn’t appreciate the interference from the Midnight Express and this causes a three-way tag team brawl to close the show.

No-Contest

20111012-052508-g.jpg

I don't know why but

“Adorable” Adrian Adonis & Samu (w/Eddy “The Brain” Creatchman) vs Baron Von Raschke & “Pretty Boy” Doug Somers (w/Sherri Martel)

This match seems just crazy on paper with those 6 characters involved.

Lutte has continued to put forth an intriguing product that stands alone in the world of wresting we've created. Great stuff.

October 21st, 1984

-Carlos Colon beat Serge Jodoin in 10:00

-Hercules Ayala beat Tito Senza in 13:56

-International Tag Team Champion "Pretty Boy" Doug Somers (w/Sherri Martel) beat The Spoiler in 12:58

-Sika beat "Adorable" Adrian Adonis (w/Jim Cornette) in 10:02

-Nord the Barbarian (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) upsets Greg Valentine in 7:06

-Dennis Condrey (w/Jim Cornette) beat Leo Burke in 15:57

-Chicky Starr & Afa beat The Zambuie Express (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 11:38

International Heavyweight Championship: Rick Martel beat Dino Bravo in 24:26 to retain

October 26th, 1984

Ottawa, ON

-International TV Champion Mad Dog Lefebvre (w/Frenchy Martin) beat Pete Doherty in 4:16

-Sika beat Serge Jodoin in 7:24

-George "The Animal" Steele (w/Frenchy Martin) beat Leo Burke in 12:19

-Chicky Starr beat Gino Brito in 6:54

-Nord the Barbarian (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat Justice Dubois in 8:01

-International Tag Team Champion Doug Somers & Rick Rude (w/Sherri Martel) beat The Zambuie Express (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 9:04

-Baron Von Raschke beat Samu (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 8:15

-Greg Valentine beat Richard "Le Magnifique" Charland (w/Frenchy Martin) in 23:08

Right now, given that he's the International TV Champion, Mad Dog Lefebvre is pretty much the 3rd guy. I got a lot of interesting talent to work around in both singles & tag team divisions. Martel & Bravo always will be my top 2 guys on the roster but I can easily rotate guys whether it's Valentine, Lefebvre, later Eddie Gilbert...I got lots of options.

Derek: This is what I like best about booking this territory. I try some stuff and I see what catches the eye of people and what doesn't. I actually thought about using the Freebird rule for Billy Robinson/Doug Somers/Rick Rude but given that I have Rude on loan until December 31st, I figured it was unnecessary. But I just like that I can easily plug him in with either Somers or Robinson whenever I got one of the tag champs working a singles match.

Lutte Internationale TV

October 27th, 1984

dieu.jpg

(After the opening credits, we’re headed to the ring with Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier waiting to kick off the show)

Guy Hauray: Hello, wrestling fans, and welcome to Lutte Internationale. An enormous episode is waiting for us today in many forms. First of all, we will hear from International Heavyweight Champion Rick Martel via satellite and get an update on his condition but also in our main event tonight, Andre the Giant returns to Lutte Internationale for the first time in several years to take on Rusher Kimura, who challenged him to a match last week.

Édouard Carpentier: Indeed, this will be an epic episode this week and we don’t need to emphasize the legendary status that Andre the Giant has acquired through the years and he’ll get a hero’s welcome for sure today. And I’m also very much looking forward to hear from what Rick Martel has to say.

Guy Hauray: Speaking of which, we’re ready to speak with Rick Martel right now.

(Camera cuts to Rick Martel, sitting in his living room,with the International Heavyweight Championship on the table in front of him. Martel also has a microphone in his hand.)

Guy Hauray: First of all, Rick, we’d like to know; how are you feeling?

Rick Martel: Je me sens beaucoup mieux, Guy. J’suis pas encore tout à fait à 100% mais je vais être prêt pour le 9 novembre. (Translation : I’m feeling much better, Guy. I’m not 100% yet but I’ll be ready for November 9.)

Guy Hauray: Rick, after everything that Samu did to you...both inside and outside the ring, where is your head at right now?

Rick Martel: Je te cacherai pas que y a beaucoup de choses qui me trottent par la tête présentement. J’suis conscient que Samu est le seul gars que j’ai pas encore battu depuis le retour de Lutte Internationale. Et veut, veut pas, ça reste dans mon esprit. Pour être franc, je sais pas si je pourrais passer à autre chose en sachant que j’ai pas encore battu Samu. Mais j’ai la chance de le faire le 9 novembre et j’ai pas l’intention de manquer mon coup. (Translation : I won’t lie; there are a lot of things going through my mind right now. I’m aware that Samu is the only guy I haven’t beat since the return of Lutte Internationale. And like it or not, it sticks in my mind. To be honest, I don’t know if I can move on knowing that I haven’t beaten Samu. But I have the opportunity to do so on November 9 and I’m not intending on missing this chance.)

Guy Hauray: Rick, I know that you’re not the kind of man to look too far ahead but as you know, recently, Lutte Internationale hosted a match sanctioned by the NWA and Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling between Tully Blanchard and Superstar Billy Graham. The crowd response was overwhelmingly positive. We also know that Frank Valois has filed an application to join the National Wrestling Alliance with Lutte. What would it mean for you if this was going to happen?

Rick Martel: C’est sûr que c’est juste des rumeurs pour l’instant mais j’aimerais énormément voir Lutte Internationale joindre les rangs de la NWA. Je lutte un peu partout à travers le monde; j’ai la chance de lutter parfois pour la WWF, je retourne de temps en temps à la AWA et je pense que ce serait juste normal de s’associer à la NWA. Et je sais qu’en sachant la nouvelle, j’étais surtout content pour des gars comme Pat Patterson ou les frères Vachon qui pourraient revenir lutter au Québec de temps en temps. Les fans du Québec adorent voir Maurice « Mad Dog » Vachon et je lui souhaite aussi. J’aimerais voir les champions de la NWA affronter les nôtres. Voir comment Tully Blanchard se défendrait contre Mad Dog Lefebvre. Voir une équipe comme Robinson & Somers affronter les Fantastics; 2 styles complètement différents. Pis égoïstement, j’aimerais beaucoup affronter le champion de la NWA, Ric Flair. Ce serait le plus gros match de l’histoire de la lutte au Québec. J’aimerais pouvoir un jour représenter la NWA et en même temps, être la fierté de Lutte Internationale. Mais pour l’instant, c’est juste des spéculations mais si ça arrive, j’vas être prêt pour n’importe quel défi.

(Translation : It’s only rumors for now but I would really love to see Lutte Internationale join the ranks of the NWA. I’m wrestling all around the world; I have the chance to work occasionally for WWF, I go back to AWA once in a while and I think it’d only be normal to associate with the NWA. And I know that upon learning the news, I was especially happy for guys like Pat Patterson or the Vachons who could come back to wrestle in Quebec once in a while. Quebec fans love to see Maurice “Mad Dog” Vachon and I wish that to him too. I’d like to see the NWA champions face off with ours. To see how Tully Blanchard would fare vs Mad Dog Lefebvre. See a team like Robinson & Somers wrestle the Fantastics; 2 totally opposite styles. And selfishly, I’d really love to wrestle the NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Ric Flair. This would be the biggest match in Quebec wrestling history. I would like someday to represent the NWA and at the same time, being the pride of Lutte Internationale. But for now, it’s only speculations but if this happens, I’ll be ready for any challenge.)

Guy Hauray: Thank you, Rick and we’ll see you soon.

Rick Martel: Thank you, Guy.

Guy Hauray: Well, you heard it, Eddie. The champ will be ready for November 9 and he somewhat feels like he has some demons to vanquish.

Édouard Carpentier: But Samu is one dangerous demon. He’s now the new crown jewel of the Creatchman Family. The Brain will do anything and everything to make sure that Samu walks out the International Heavyweight Champion against Rick Martel.

Guy Hauray: We can never forget about Eddy “The Brain” Creatchman but for now, we’ll get to the ring for our opening match.

Match #1

Buzz Tyler vs Luke Williams

The broadcast team put over the chaotic end of last week show, involving Ray Rougeau/Dino Bravo, Midnight Express & Sheepherders and also question what will be the Sheepherders involvement, from now on. Luke Williams makes quick work out of Buzz Tyler by finishing him with a Gutbuster.

Winner: Luke Williams

*******COMMERCIAL BREAK********

Match #2

Serge Jodoin vs Sika (w/Afa)

Once again, the broadcast team puts over the absence of Eddy Creatchman at ringside with the Wild Samoans this week. Just like last week, Sika shows a much aggressive & focused style in the ring. Only difference is that Serge Jodoin is no George Steele or Richard Charland and the Samoan quickly disposes of the enhancement talent in no time.

Winner: Sika

*******COMMERCIAL BREAK*******

Match #3

Raymond Rougeau vs Carlos Colon

Both men shook hands prior to the match starting. Very equally paced match as both men are trading fists at one moment and displaying a wrestling clinic in the other. Under normal circumstances, Carlos Colon would normally get the experience edge on most workers he faces but Raymond has been there for a while and he can match Colon hold for hold. The end comes when Carlos Colon slaps the Figure Four Leglock on but Raymond reverses in an inside cradle to get the victory. Postmatch, once again, Raymond and Carlos shake hands and Raymond goes to the broadcast booth.

Winner: Raymond Rougeau

Guy Hauray: Alright, Raymond, we saw what happened last week and the week before. We know that Jacques has been cleared to return to the ring and will do so this weekend but my question is this: what’s next now in your feud with the Midnight Express.

Raymond Rougeau: Guy, la première chose que le monde doit savoir, c’est que Jim Cornette pis ses Midnight Express perdent rien pour attendre. Mais par contre, si Cornette se pensait intelligent, il va frapper un nœud parce qu’avec ce qu’il a fait la semaine passée, en s’attaquant à Dino Bravo pis à moi, ça veut aussi dire qu’il s’est mêlé des affaires des Sheepherders. Pis comme on a pas réglé les choses avec les Sheepherders….tu me connais, Guy, j’aime pas laisser les choses en suspens faqu’au lieu d’affronter les Midnight Express le 9 novembre, j’suis allé voir Frank Valois pis je lui ai proposé que Jacques pis moi, on affronte les Sheepherders à la place. Et pis il a accepté!

(Translation : Guy, the first thing people need to know is that Jim Cornette and his Midnight Express will get what’s coming to them. However, if Cornette thought he was smart, he outsmarted himself with what he did last week by attacking myself and Dino Bravo, that also means he got in the business of the Sheepherders. And since we haven’t settled anything with th Sheepherders...you know me Guy, I hate leaving business unfinished so instead of wrestling the Midnight Express on November 9, I came to Frank Valois and suggested that Jacques and I face the Sheepherders instead. And he accepted!)

Guy Hauray: Wow! That’s huge!

Raymond Rougeau: Cornette, si t’avais pris ton trou, t’aurais ce que tu voulais. Astheure, va falloir que t’attendes pis ça, c’est juste de ta faute. (Translation : Cornette, if you had left things as they were, you would’ve gotten what you wanted. Now, you gotta wait and that’s all your fault.)

(Raymond Rougeau returns to the locker room while Guy & Édouard discuss what just happened)

Guy: So, Eddie, change in plans as now, the Rougeaus will be facing the Sheepherders instead of the Midnight Express.

Édouard: You bet that Jim Cornette must be fuming somewhere in Louisville, Kentucky at the moment. His overzealousness cost his Midnight Express a huge shot at making a statement and this match will now take place at a later date. When we come back, our special attraction main event is finally here!

****CONFIRMED FOR NOVEMBER 9TH SUPERCARD****

The Rougeau Brothers vs The Sheepherders

********COMMERCIAL BREAK*************

MAIN EVENT

Match #4

I QUIT MATCH

Rusher Kimura vs Andre the Giant

Huge ovation for Andre the Giant as he made his way to the studios for his match. The broadcast team explained the rules & regulations for an I Quit Match, stating that the match would only end when one of the two participants would signify to referee Adrien Desbois that they no longer wish to or cannot continue. Kimura rarely is the smallest man in a fight but it is overwhelmingly the case in this match. Kimura constantly is trying to take Andre down but it’s seemingly possible. However, he’s able to land several lariats and headbutts that rocks the Giant. At one point, Andre gets tangled up in the ropes and Kimura sees his opportunity. Kimura attempts some sort of leg lock on Andre but nothing can make the giant Frenchman utter the words “I quit”. Finally, Andre gets untangled and goes in offensive mode. Eventually, Andre takes down Kimura with a massive body slam. Then, Andre decides to go with a series of splashes on the poor Kimura. One in particular seems to have hurt his ribs and each splash makes Kimura wince. Andre is relentless and eventually, senior official Adrien Desbois makes the judgment call to stop the match and award it to Andre, to preserve Kimura’s health. The show ends with Andre waving to the fans while the referee and some officials check on Kimura.

20111012-052508-g.jpg

October 27th, 1984

Owen Sound, ON

-George "The Animal" Steele (w/Frenchy Martin) beat Tito Senza in 5:14

-Jacques Rougeau beat The Spoiler in 11:47

Street Fight: The Midnight Express (w/Jim Cornette) beat Greg Valentine & Richard Charland (w/Frenchy Martin) in 14:46