Pro Wrestling Only

[2017-01-04-NJPW-Wrestle Kingdom XI] Tiger Mask W vs Tiger The Dark

GOTNW

In which wrestling is but a live action version of an anime fight. Pretty standard junior match with them exchanging control segments throughout. Ibushi's athleticism is absolutely breathtaking, one has to admire how he he kept his balance on the top rope during the Triangle Moonsault dive and the speed with which he snapped his hips on the German Suplex. Some might be bothered by a one time only character having their finisher kicked out of and Ibushi doing a Tiger Suplex for a nearfall in the opening match of the normal show but it didn't bother me, the match was short and the its "finishing stretch" reflected the length of the match. My favourite version of Ibushi is the one where he heavily relies on his shootboxing background but this was reminiscent of the many junior matches I used to like before everyone decided to do poor Jack Evans cosplay. **3/4

• 4 weeks later...
  • GSR changed the title to [2017-01-04-NJPW-Wrestle Kingdom XI] Tiger Mask W vs Tiger The Dark