Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-02-27-JWP] Azumi Hyuga & Commando Bolshoi vs Devil Masami & Tsubasa Kuragaki

soup23

I was hesitant to rate this at first, but I think 7:08 of 13:50 is enough to make a fair assessment. I am enjoying Devil Masami in 2000 far more than I would have expected, I think because she brings so much psychology to her matches. She still does monster better than Aja in my opinion, whose strengths are better described in other ways, and she's really good at emphasizing the differences between her and her opponents. Hyuga also continues to impress, but we're still a few months away but her getting a real opportunity to shine in a long singles match, although they will come pretty regular after that for the rest of the decade. Hyuga/Bolshoi is a team I'd like to see again, especially when working opposite Devil. The dynamic was very similar to the Rockers-Powers of Pain in those exchanges. ***

• GSR changed the title to [2000-02-27-JWP] Azumi Hyuga & Commando Bolshoi vs Devil Masami & Tsubasa Kuragaki