Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-03-11-AJPW] Tamon Honda & Masao Inoue vs Daisuke Ikeda & Mohammed Yone

soup23

I do have a soft spot for this crop of AJPW mid carders and it is good seeing Ikeda mix it up with them even though he honestly should be doing more. The finish was cool here with Honda hitting some huge suplexes dumping both members right on their head and Inoue picking up the win with a torture rack. It says this match went 23 minutes of which we only got 9 but from the clips, it didn’t go above the serviceable threshold. **1/4

• 4 weeks later...

Ikeda working pro style feels like he's having an affair or something. I don't like it. Plus, while he's not bad, he's far better at the BattlARTS style. I know it's kind of a stretch to call Ikeda and Yone "outsiders" in All Japan, but if you squint your eyes and use your imagination, you can convince yourself they are, and what's the point of bringing in outsiders and forcing them to work the house style? I enjoy All Asia tags as their own animal, and there is some fun stuff here, but I wish they'd stepped out of the box a lot more. The match is technically good I guess, but stale as hell, which is a weird thing to say about a foursome I've never seen in the ring together.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-03-11-AJPW] Tamon Honda & Masao Inoue vs Daisuke Ikeda & Mohammed Yone