Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-03-12-GAEA] Akira Hokuto & Mayumi Ozaki vs Chigusa Nagayo & Meiko Satomura

soup23

I found this to be middling overall. I know it is unfair because she certainly isn’t in her prime but I watch this stuff and question why I voted Akira Hokuto for GWE. This had interference and a lot of back and forth action. It wasn’t as reckless as the stuff again from earlier in the year but with these four I expected and hoped for something much more with an enriching storyline and instead just got a collection of spots. Meiko gets tapped out at 7 minutes when she was clearly my favorite of the four competitors. **

• 4 weeks later...

Okay match, but too short to amount to much. Hokuto is in a lull, and I think she was probably at a point in her career where if she was going to be effective, she needed a great storyline to carry her. She supposedly has a last hurrah coming next year, at least briefly. This is exciting and chaotic, and the Crush Girls are still over af in the post-match, but this really feels like WCW in so many ways.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-03-12-GAEA] Akira Hokuto & Mayumi Ozaki vs Chigusa Nagayo & Meiko Satomura