Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-03-16-Jd'] Lioness Asuka & Yuki Morimatsu & Yoshika Maedomari & Kazuki vs Yoko Kosugi & Megumi Yabushita & Sachie Abe & Hiroyo Muto (Elimination, 3/5 falls)

soup23

This match was just a multitude of people I was unfamiliar with. Even looking at trusty cagematch and google images left me shaky on a few. A really conflicting match with some stuff I loved like the way they did Asuka’s elimination. All four of the opposing team go after her and essentially bite the bullet in gaining a countout win against her. The rest was a mixed bag with some good action but also annoying interference, random weapon shots, etc. Finish was a nice moment of them overcoming the odds once they got through the big buzzsaw of Asuka. ***

• 4 weeks later...

Lioness Asuka -- probably the best worker I'm the sickest of seeing, mainly because she clearly doesn't see most wrestlers as being at her level and is pushed way too hard everywhere she goes. I realize she is an enormous legend, so it's justified to an extent, but it also seems a bit counterproductive at times. I get it with someone like Devil Masami, who could also show vulnerability at the right times and didn't make her opponents look ridiculous. I'll agree that her elimination here was well done, but I also think this was a really flat match to be so ambitious and involve so many people. Very disappointing. Still waiting for Jd' to do something that really wows me.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-03-16-Jd'] Lioness Asuka & Yuki Morimatsu & Yoshika Maedomari & Kazuki vs Yoko Kosugi & Megumi Yabushita & Sachie Abe & Hiroyo Muto (Elimination, 3/5 falls)