Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling Classics

Guest Famous Mortimer

Guest Famous Mortimer

Anyone a member there? I keep getting my applications turned down. If there's a "feedback" forum, would one of you kind people mind posting in there asking why? I tried with this username too.

Guest DylanWaco

Classics is wierd.

Under my original username I was one of the first hundred or so members. Then my account just stopped working. No indication that I was banned or close to be banned, nor had I violated a single rule to my knowledge. So a few months later I reapply with a similar name and here nothing. A few months after that I reapply with a totally different name and after waiting for a month I got accepted. I have no clue what happened, but I've heard rumor that they monitor other sites for criticism and band people/blacklist people based on that.

It took three months for my account to be approved at Classics, which I've used probably twice. They are indeed weird. Maybe drop an e-mail about Mark Nulty? Play to his ego by telling him his calls of the Joe/Punk matches were reminiscent of Gordon Solie at his peak?

Guest DylanWaco

To be honest Classics almost isn't worth being a member of. Setting aside the Nazi like tendencies of the Mods and Admins on the site, the quality of posting has decreased significantly over the last two years. Really the best reasons to go there were to debate WON HoF shit and to discuss issues involving forgotten stars, but both types of discussion have pretty much died for different reasons. I lurk but rarely post anymore.

I still post there on occasion, but it's really gotten too far onto the current scene for my tastes. Still, every so often there's a gem of a thread that has to be read. Find the Pinkie George thread that got bumped the other day. Lots of interesting stuff to sift through

Guest Famous Mortimer

I forgot that I wrote a review of ROH in early 2005 where I called Nulty the worst commentator I'd ever heard. That might be the reason :) But a normal board would welcome debate and discussion and I'm all about that.

That reminds me that I got in trouble over there before Christmas for saying that Nulty would be the first to say he wasn't a real announcer when he said Gery Roif wasn't a real wrestler. :)

My experience at Classics is similar to Dylan's except when I was banned I really did know about it.

Guest Famous Mortimer

Do you think if I asked why Nulty removed the post where Lou Thesz's widow was trying to sell some video or book or other to help support her, even though he professed to be a great friend of the Thesz family, it would get me "tight" with him?

Guest MJHimJfadeaway23

No. I just type in 2122 in the search engine of the board to read Meltzer's posts. Outside of that, I have little use for that messageboard.

Guest EastCoastJ

Wrestling Classics is a bit pretentious, but just about any message board has quarks. If you want a question answered about the 50's, 60's or 70's there are some knowledgable people over there who can tell you almost anything about that era in a matter of minutes.