Pro Wrestling Only

[2017-04-16-AJPW-Champion Carnival] Jake Lee vs Kento Miyahara

ShittyLittleBoots

Well this sure was fantastic. I am not very familiar with Jake Lee, but if he hasn't had that breakthrough performance/match/moment yet, this sure had to be that breakthrough performance/match. They did a fantastic job in teasing that he might pull off the upset against the ace - Kento sold his ass off for him & sold that "oh shit, this kid is the real deal" feeling with his great facial expressions. This was so good. ****

Real good match and my favorite of night one on the Champion Carnival. I thought Lee looked really credible against Miyahara. This suffered on the back end from most of the same stuff I struggle with in Miyahara matches where at a certain point he just takes over and runs through his offense leading to the finish. Overall, a good start for All Japan. ***1/2

I thought this was Jake Lee's best singles match to date. He looked fired up in there against the champ and really threw his weight into his offense. I liked Kento snapping on Jake and being a prick before the match it settled nicely into Kento's ace formula to finish it out. A fun way to kick off the tournament.

• GSR changed the title to [2017-04-16-AJPW-Champion Carnival] Jake Lee vs Kento Miyahara